The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 July 2018, 03:50 AM   #91
UNIONCITY62
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX SD-RED-43
a Stunner! I love mine!
UNIONCITY62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 04:19 AM   #92
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: sea-dweller 126600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TeddyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 06:53 AM   #93
dannyr1986
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyS View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good!
dannyr1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 08:59 AM   #94
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many! 116718 GOLD
Very nice! More pics please... it's such an amazing watch and agreed need to spend more wrist time with it.
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 09:01 AM   #95
vivicorsi
Banned

Well basically this is apart from the Pepsi hype the new superstar in the Rolex lineup.
I keep hearing everybody who tried it on raving about that watch.
Balanced , perfect proportions, harmonious, wonderful modern size, popping red writing , nice heft ...
Rolex has done everything right with this watch... and the crownless Mk1 Dial is a future collectible.
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 09:04 AM   #96
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600

Pretty perfect to me.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 09:24 AM   #97
vivicorsi
Banned

Old 29 July 2018, 01:40 AM   #98
Cyclops888
"TRF" Member

Never get bored of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4BCEE2C9-3EFA-4740-BFD9-7631409348F7.jpeg (143.3 KB, 479 views)
Cyclops888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 01:48 AM   #99
Cyclops888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaching View Post
Great idea! I did not. My AD just tucked it in.
Hope you will like it more.
Cyclops888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 11:21 PM   #100
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Update: Been wearing it daily now... feels much better on the wrist. I won't lie … it's a big watch as in "case thickness." Don't just purchase "sight unseen." Try the watch on before you purchase. If you can get your hands on one!! That is the issue!!! You may be disappointed. It's a heavy watch as well. As heavy as my Full Gold Rolexes.
Old 2 August 2018, 11:39 PM   #101
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Update: Been wearing it daily now... feels much better on the wrist. I won't lie … it's a big watch as in "case thickness." Don't just purchase "sight unseen." Try the watch on before you purchase. If you can get your hands on one!! That is the issue!!! You may be disappointed. It's a heavy watch as well. As heavy as my Full Gold Rolexes.
Glad to hear it's working out. This goes to show a good perspective. If this can elicit this reaction, then imagine a Deepsea. I've gotten used to mine and love the presence and what it means in the Rolex catalog, but make no mistake, there are immensely more comfortable watches.
Go from wearing a Deepsea to a Daytona and you will feel as though you put on a plastic watch.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 11:44 PM   #102
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Hey I was going to reply this past weekend when I saw your post about it feeling uncomfortable and obnoxious but I only had my phone and I just hate typing long replies on my phone.

I was going to tell you that it takes some time to get used to the larger size, not because it is TOO large, but because it is larger and heavier than what you are used to wearing. I was on the fence for a few weeks after I got it. It took me about 1-2 months to get completely comfortable with it. The size was not an issue for me - fits my wrist perfectly. The weight I was fine with. A big diver SHOULD feel heavy and substantial. I had trouble with the wrist presence and the more "THIS IS A ROLEX!!!" nature of it vs the more subdued look of the older 5-digit models.

However, after that break-in period concluded I absolutely LOVE this watch! I wear it constantly in all situations. My poor Datejust is jealous of all the time my SD is getting. The things that bother you initially about the watch like the weight, the larger size and the more in-you-face nature of it will become things you love about it. I loved my old GMT but it NEVER had even close to the special feel that this SD43 has. This watch is just amazing it just feels so special to wear. I didn't gaze at my GMT like I do with this one. Everything about it is just about perfect. That beautiful ceramic bezel, the semi-glossy/semi-matte dial, the fantastic bracelet and clasp are absolutely perfect, the proportions of the lugs, and of course the way that red writing just pops! From a technical standpoint, the HEV, the dive rating, the amazing history of the model, and the fact that this is an anniversary edition all add to that "specialness" of this watch. Rolex just absolutely nailed it with the SD43. I know for some with smaller wrists the SD may be too big, but for the rest of us it is just what we wanted to see from Rolex for a long time.

So my final words to you and anyone else going through some doubts or buyers remorse - give it time! Don't go flipping this watch after a couple weeks, you will regret it. Give it one or two months and you will see. I think that process has already begun with you. I bet in two weeks or so you will be on here raving about it like the rest of us
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 12:02 AM   #103
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Hey I was going to reply this past weekend when I saw your post about it feeling uncomfortable and obnoxious but I only had my phone and I just hate typing long replies on my phone.

I was going to tell you that it takes some time to get used to the larger size, not because it is TOO large, but because it is larger and heavier than what you are used to wearing. I was on the fence for a few weeks after I got it. It took me about 1-2 months to get completely comfortable with it. The size was not an issue for me - fits my wrist perfectly. The weight I was fine with. A big diver SHOULD feel heavy and substantial. I had trouble with the wrist presence and the more "THIS IS A ROLEX!!!" nature of it vs the more subdued look of the older 5-digit models.

However, after that break-in period concluded I absolutely LOVE this watch! I wear it constantly in all situations. My poor Datejust is jealous of all the time my SD is getting. The things that bother you initially about the watch like the weight, the larger size and the more in-you-face nature of it will become things you love about it. I loved my old GMT but it NEVER had even close to the special feel that this SD43 has. This watch is just amazing it just feels so special to wear. I didn't gaze at my GMT like I do with this one. Everything about it is just about perfect. That beautiful ceramic bezel, the semi-glossy/semi-matte dial, the fantastic bracelet and clasp are absolutely perfect, the proportions of the lugs, and of course the way that red writing just pops! From a technical standpoint, the HEV, the dive rating, the amazing history of the model, and the fact that this is an anniversary edition all add to that "specialness" of this watch. Rolex just absolutely nailed it with the SD43. I know for some with smaller wrists the SD may be too big, but for the rest of us it is just what we wanted to see from Rolex for a long time.

So my final words to you and anyone else going through some doubts or buyers remorse - give it time! Don't go flipping this watch after a couple weeks, you will regret it. Give it one or two months and you will see. I think that process has already begun with you. I bet in two weeks or so you will be on here raving about it like the rest of us
Thanks well said! Yes I agree it's an amazing watch and very fortunate to add this beauty to my growing collection of Rolexes. I am committed to this piece to get to know it even more so. Rolex is an amazing watch company that I am proud to say I am a devoted fan. I just wish they would figure out the supply / demand issue … it's starting to get under my skin.
Old 3 August 2018, 12:29 AM   #104
Camel
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
If the diver extension is removed and you play around with the half links you get it perfectly balanced and won't want to wear anything else. My D-Blue hates it !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD43 3.jpg (249.3 KB, 413 views)
Rolex Deepsea D-Blue Horizon 116660 "3170xxxx"
Rolex Explorer II Polar 16570 "T20xxxx"
Rolex Explorer II Black 216570 "G53xxxx"
Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 "P32xxxx"
Rolex GMT-Master II Ceramic 116710LN "V97xxxx"
Rolex Submariner 16610 "Z61xxxx"
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610LN "G79xxxx"
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 12:33 AM   #105
vivicorsi
Banned

Yes I do understand , but on the other hand we all keep benefiting from their very intelligent marketing strategy ... it’s what keeps their value up and makes it easy for everybody to sell them and exchange them within our hobby. They have figured out how to be desirable although ,compared to Patek for example, they are a mass producer.
Old 3 August 2018, 12:36 AM   #106
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
Yes I do understand , but on the other hand we all keep benefiting from their very intelligent marketing strategy ... it’s what keeps their value up and makes it easy for everybody to sell them and exchange them within our hobby. They have figured out how to be desirable although ,compared to Patek for example, they are a mass producer.
Yes very valid point.
Old 5 August 2018, 12:20 AM   #107
endotreated
"TRF" Member

This needs to be my next Rolex... I love the 43mm size.
endotreated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 12:46 AM   #108
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Awesome watch!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 12:51 AM   #109
vivicorsi
Banned

This is a nice photo! I am curious to see what Rolex is going to do to the sub. The Sd50 is everything I wished the sub would be. Size , design , perfect!
I think they maybe will increase the size of the sub as well to 41mm
Old 5 August 2018, 12:59 AM   #110
normalboywatches
Banned

The Submariner won't be increased in size. The whole reason the Sea Dweller was increased to 43mm was to differentiate it from the sub (especially as they both now have a cyclops) so to also increase the sub makes no sense.

The GMT and the sub will stay at 40mm as that seems Rolex's sweet spot for the majority of the collection-however I do much prefer the larger 43mm size for watches.
normalboywatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 01:08 AM   #111
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
Thanks for posting this ... I love seeing watches from more of a distance for a change
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 04:51 AM   #112
Rolexism_
"TRF" Member

Perfect Rolex. Looks awesome in my S550!

Rolexism_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 12:53 AM   #113
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Thanks! Great photos guys! I took it with me on vacation at the beach for a week. This is now my favorite watch within my vast collection of Rolexes. It is a very special watch that looks both elegant, beautiful, gleams in the sunlight and tool watch "ish" if I might. Key here is to wear it for awhile to get comfortable with it. It commands presence as well. Amazing job again by Rolex! Well done!
Old 19 August 2018, 07:04 AM   #114
Tlon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Thanks for posting this ... I love seeing watches from more of a distance for a change

Agreed. Seeing the same 12 inch distance wrist shot doesn’t really show much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 07:42 AM   #115
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
amazing watch. They added the new rolex coronet between "SWISS" and "MADE" on the dial, so you might want to make a move quickly if you want the original ("Mark I") dial.

Aside from all that though the watch is really incredible. The balance, size and proportions are fantastic. IMO if you have a 7" plus wrist, it's a homerun. The bracelet is awesome too.

I could take or leave the cyclops, but not a deal breaker.

Takuya has a NIB one. I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat.
What’s the source or reference of this news? I got mine earlier and it’s the “MK1” if there’s even a MK2.... on the rolex website they still have the dial without the coroner so what’s the source they’re adding a coronet ?
Old 19 August 2018, 03:23 PM   #116
kalo925
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD50, PAM-690
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post

Well written and totally agree..
kalo925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 08:04 PM   #117
roosvelt
Banned

Watch: 16613 serti 18078
Proportion to a 5 digit sub no. Big and shiny yes. Case back is to think. not the case it self. Most pictures iv'e seen the lugs are not touching the wear's wrist, just looks bad. 8 plus wrist the ref looks good. The bezel over powers the watch it just appears to wide. My 2 cents take it with a grain of salt 60 year old who loves 5 digit references!
roosvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 08:57 PM   #118
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
The SD43 would be the only reference that I like better than my Sub 116610, why? 43mm, 22mm Bracelet, new movement, 1120m with helium valve (more engineer on it) and red text.
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 09:36 PM   #119
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Thanks! Great photos guys! I took it with me on vacation at the beach for a week. This is now my favorite watch within my vast collection of Rolexes. It is a very special watch that looks both elegant, beautiful, gleams in the sunlight and tool watch "ish" if I might. Key here is to wear it for awhile to get comfortable with it. It commands presence as well. Amazing job again by Rolex! Well done!
Great news

It’s by far my favourite Rolex

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 09:38 PM   #120
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
What’s the source or reference of this news? I got mine earlier and it’s the “MK1” if there’s even a MK2.... on the rolex website they still have the dial without the coroner so what’s the source they’re adding a coronet ?
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=615012

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipper69 View Post
There’s one with the mk2 dial for sale in the forsale section.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=126600

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote