The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 June 2018, 07:55 AM   #151
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
even the same news today in UK collecting a humble tudor GMT - all stickers off without being asked - although I wanted them removed - but he did give me the warranty card after some deliberation

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 08:01 AM   #152
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Same happening in Switzerland- they removed all stickers.
I think it’s good - just to stop the nonsense of grey dealers
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 08:03 AM   #153
amilch
"TRF" Member

My AD also removed stickers from my Sky Dweller. She said Rolex has a contract with them. That is Rolex rules.
amilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 08:08 AM   #154
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
I was told that once stickers are removed, watch cannot be returned under “buyer’s remorse”.

Guessing this is the reason - it’s one thing to wear a jacket for a week and return it but guessing they don’t want people to do it with watches.

For those that don’t know we have very buyer-oriented return policies here. You can basically return an item for no reason within 2 weeks so if you do so every 13 days you can use it for free.
Old 3 June 2018, 09:20 AM   #155
garethevans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Last “new” watch I bought was a Rolex Sub Ceramic in London, and all of the stickers were intact. Took ages to remove them but did so at home in my own time. This might be a new tactic to discourage selling on the second hand market. I’d personally have a problem with anyone telling me to remove stickers from my watch. The stickers are your property, as much as the watch is, you paid for them and you should be able to keep them in place. Your watch - your decision. In 30 years time, a watch with all the stickers in place will be worth a lot more than one without. And you are perfectly within your rights to buy your watch as an investment!
garethevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 09:24 AM   #156
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

This is now SOP for the ADs I deal with in the US. I have no issues with it as I'm buying them to wear.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 09:46 AM   #157
Chunky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red, 116710
Picked un my brand new BLNR on May 4th at my A.D. and all stickers were left on the watch. They actually gave me a choice. I told them I wanted the whole Rolex experience of removing them myself and they were extremely pleased about this. They actually followed up this am with a phone call to see how everything was going.
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 08:44 PM   #158
SkyDwelling
"TRF" Member

A very interesting read. A few questions popped in my mind as I was reading

How would "resizing" help in the efforts to stop flipping? Wouldn't a flipper be able to simply put whatever links that were removed back?

How does keeping the warranty card for 45 days serve that same purpose? What stops the person from flipping 45 days later when he has the card?

Instead of all of this, why wouldn't they simply write the name of the purchaser on the warranty, then enter it in the database and make it clear only the person named will have the right to warranty and service for the next 2 or 3 years? If that becomes a rule and common knowledge people will not want to buy grey market then risk having no access to warranty or service for a number of years.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, so you'll have to fill in the blanks for me
SkyDwelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 09:04 PM   #159
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDwelling View Post
A very interesting read. A few questions popped in my mind as I was reading

How would "resizing" help in the efforts to stop flipping? Wouldn't a flipper be able to simply put whatever links that were removed back?

How does keeping the warranty card for 45 days serve that same purpose? What stops the person from flipping 45 days later when he has the card?

Instead of all of this, why wouldn't they simply write the name of the purchaser on the warranty, then enter it in the database and make it clear only the person named will have the right to warranty and service for the next 2 or 3 years? If that becomes a rule and common knowledge people will not want to buy grey market then risk having no access to warranty or service for a number of years.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things here, so you'll have to fill in the blanks for me
As this is presumably a temporary situation brought on by a thriving global economy I think Rolex don't want to make any permanent or systemic changes to policy so they are just fiddling about at the edges, it is not a real effort to change things, only prices and supply will do that, or the economy and its demand.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 11:45 PM   #160
mikkolopez
"TRF" Member

I buy what I like and will wear now so I wouldn’t want to be the dolt walking around with stickers on my watch.

I am all for writing the first owner name on the card and having warranty available to him alone.

And when the time comes that I fell out of love for a watch and move it on then I’d sell it as used without stickers and warranty even though card is there. I don’t pretend that it is a brand new watch and I’d price it fairly. Selling watches isn’t my day job anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have even DONE everything,
I just don't REMEMBER everything.
mikkolopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 04:18 AM   #161
s.m.b.
"TRF" Member

I prefer having the stickers removed for me.
Old 25 September 2018, 04:42 AM   #162
|404|
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugs View Post
I was told that once stickers are removed, watch cannot be returned under “buyer’s remorse”.

Guessing this is the reason - it’s one thing to wear a jacket for a week and return it but guessing they don’t want people to do it with watches.

For those that don’t know we have very buyer-oriented return policies here. You can basically return an item for no reason within 2 weeks so if you do so every 13 days you can use it for free.

This wouldn't be upheld in any court in the UK. If they do it to the watch and it is their policy. They cannot then penalise you for that. That would be against the spirit of the law and thus not enforceable.

You would be entitled to your full refund if you so wished.
However, it would have to be in absolute pristine condition. Hairline scratches could void this, so you could wear it. But, I'm pretty sure you would have to bubblewrap it! haha
|404| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 05:01 AM   #163
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
You’re lucky he didn’t confiscate your papers so you couldn’t sell it for 12 months. Seriously.
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 08:38 AM   #164
Pentameter
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Yeah, this really doesn't seem like such a huge deal, or is a big deterrent for flippers. I think it's pretty easy to tell (assuming good quality photos) when it's a new & unworn watch, even if the stickers have been removed. My AD does this but will give all the extra stuff, including the coffin & bezel protector.

Interestingly, they are now (in the last month) saying that Rolex has also requested AD's remove the outer sleeve and discard it at the point of sale. My AD says that Rolex thinks those outer sleeves are not the best presentation of the box to the customer.
Pentameter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 08:40 AM   #165
Fort Rolex
"TRF" Member

Happened in NJ. I wear mine often so would have done it myself anyway and honestly I support taking steps to hinder flippers. Some of us truly want pieces at MSRP to wear and enjoy
Fort Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sales practices , sticker removal