The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 June 2022, 01:27 PM   #1
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

What are the GS9 Club benefits?

I just signed up for the GS9 Club and awaiting my acceptance.

Just wondering what the GS9 Club is all about? I am hoping that members are notified in advance about upcoming watches so we can purchase them online from Grand Seiko before the general public. Is that a benefit of being a member? Thanks in advance...
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 02:04 PM   #2
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I just signed up for the GS9 Club and awaiting my acceptance.

Just wondering what the GS9 Club is all about? I am hoping that members are notified in advance about upcoming watches so we can purchase them online from Grand Seiko before the general public. Is that a benefit of being a member? Thanks in advance...
So far there’s no option to purchase a watch early and I doubt they’ll ever do that. Mostly it’s just special events, articles and videos. Nothing really amazing tbh.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 03:18 PM   #3
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
So far there’s no option to purchase a watch early and I doubt they’ll ever do that. Mostly it’s just special events, articles and videos. Nothing really amazing tbh.
Thanks for the info. I signed up for the mailing list too so hopefully I'll keep up with new releases that way. I'm just excited to finally be an official part of the GS family! Well, my wife is actually the official GS owner in our house so I'm on the lookout for my first GS.
Old 22 June 2022, 04:54 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
I suppose you've seen this website? Quite a bit of info, and the history section is nicely presented: https://grandseikogs9club.com/
Old 27 June 2022, 05:02 PM   #5
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I suppose you've seen this website? Quite a bit of info, and the history section is nicely presented: https://grandseikogs9club.com/
Thanks for the info. I signed up on 6/21 but still waiting on confirmation to be let in the club. Maybe there’s been a lot of new buyers signing up.
Old 28 June 2022, 07:32 AM   #6
kevn00
"TRF" Member

i havent had the opportunity to buy early, only to join in on events.
kevn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2022, 01:34 PM   #7
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

I'm still waiting on acceptance into the GS9 Club and Tuesday will make 2wks. Is that normal? I was all excited after my wife got her watch but don't know what the hang up is.
Old 6 July 2022, 01:23 PM   #8
PugetSounder
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm still waiting on acceptance into the GS9 Club and Tuesday will make 2wks. Is that normal? I was all excited after my wife got her watch but don't know what the hang up is.
You may want to send a follow-up email. I had a similar issue signing up. I had to send an email to follow-up and got a quick response indicating my information was stuck in some type of automated response system. The system didn’t recognize some of the info I had submitted.
PugetSounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 01:33 PM   #9
PugetSounder
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You may want to send a follow-up email. I had a similar issue signing up. I had to send an email to follow-up and got a quick response indicating my information was stuck in some type of automated response system. The system didn’t recognize some of the info I had submitted.
PugetSounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 06:40 PM   #10
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugetSounder View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I messaged them and they asked for a picture of my warranty card. Hopefully that does it.
Old 6 July 2022, 10:54 PM   #11
Jay2101
"TRF" Member

Met the Senior VP of Marketing for GS here on a corporate visit in Tokyo back in 2019. He was trying to get me to buy a new GS so I could join GS9

Tapatalk を使用して私の CPH1943 から送信
Jay2101 is offline   Reply With Quote