ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 5 July 2022, 02:11 AM   #1
muffy514
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Advice - Guide to Buying 1st Rolex from AD

Hi All,

I currently own a Tudor Black Bay Blue and an Omega Speedmaster 3861 Saphire. I purchased both from my AD in Montreal. I recently went in and spoke to them about being put on the list for a GMT-Master..... They basically told me there was no list. Frustrated. I left and went to the other main AD in Montreal and struck up a very good conversation with the Store Director.

The Store Director at the other AD was amazing he basically walked me through setting up a "Profile" and choosing a couple of options. He showed me a few exhibition pieces including an amazing steel/gold sky dweller on a jubilee bracelet.

All in all, I left impressed and believe that I am "On the list". But ultimately I really have no clue if I truly will ever get a call to come and pick up my new Rolex.

My question is. Can anyone provide me with additional advice on what I could do to help my chances or better yet speed it up? I am patient but obviously would love to get one in 6 months rather than 24 months from now.

-Should I start by requesting a less popular model like an Oyster Perpetual?
-What have other people done to strengthen their relationship with an AD which has worked in the recent past?
- Any other advice really would be appreciated.
muffy514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 07:03 AM   #2
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Welcome to the forums and if you search the general forum, there are hundreds of threads on this very topic. Usually it depends on the AD.

My advice is pop in to have a conversation every now and then. Make it about anything but "where is my GMT." If they have jewelry there that your wife likes, pick some up as well since it will not only strengthen the relationship at the AD, but I am sure she will like it too!

If you're out of sight, you may be out of mind. Be available and be friendly, some members have scored some excellent incomings by doing that.

Best of luck!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 12:58 AM   #3
muffy514
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Thanks.. helpful. I am also very interested in a Grand Seiko Spring Drive model. I would imagine that this would be helpful as well....
muffy514 is offline   Reply With Quote