The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 March 2017, 01:58 AM   #1
Sir Larry Wildman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, FPJ, IWC
Japanese Racing Dial 3570.40

My must get watch of the moment is a Speedy 3570.40 Japan Racing Dial.

To those in the know, how hard are these to acquire? It seems quite difficult, especially for a watch made in 2004, to source a mint version. Also, it seems as though there are some fakes out there, too, which gives me pause. Is this a fools errand?
Sir Larry Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2017, 02:25 AM   #2
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Larry Wildman View Post

To those in the know, how hard are these to acquire? It seems quite difficult, especially for a watch made in 2004, to source a mint version. Also, it seems as though there are some fakes out there, too, which gives me pause. Is this a fools errand?
They come up here and there. I'd keep my eyes open on the omegaforums.net classified and contact kringkily (george) on pm to help you look... He's a professional speedy hunter heh. Good luck.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2017, 03:18 PM   #3
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Larry Wildman View Post

It is certainly not a fools errand. Last year there was a bit of a flurry on them and I guess the buyers around at the time were sated as I've heard less since. I acquired a mint example during that time, and whilst I thought then that it would never happen, especially not at a reasonable price, it did after only a few months of searching...and here we are sitting on a bench in Hyde Park, Sydney, waiting for a friend to arrive.

Be patient my friend. I'm sure there is one with your name on it just around the corner. In terms of fakes, I've not seen one, but you do need to be careful of modded 3570.50s being passed of as the genuine article. PM me if you would like to know how I went about authenticating mine from afar.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote