The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 March 2018, 12:16 PM   #1
guffyboy92
"TRF" Member

Watch: All that I own
116520 oysterclasp issue

Hi TRF,

I have a 116520 which I've worn as my beater for couple of years now. I don't mistreat the watch, but it has been my go-to watch I've worn for the toughest situations you'd willingly take an expensive timepiece in; think hiking, swimming in the ocean, the weight room, jogging, shenanigans with buddies and the sort! It has been a faithful companion and has proven to be as robust and reliable as is expected of a modern Rolex.

However, I noticed a little while back that the oyster clasp seems to not be closing properly and no longer sits flat on my wrist. It didn't both me at first, but I figured that maybe this was a progressive issue and if I don't address it, it may get worse with time. What should my course of action be?? Is it necessary for me to bring it to the RSC for servicing? Or will my local watch maker who is very familiar with Rolex be able to fix this? I've attached a couple of pictures below. Please excuse the messy table, I just had a couple of old fraternity buddies crash on my couch over the weekend, maid service is coming tomorrow lol

Thanks again and hope to get some good input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-compress-image (6).jpg (119.3 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg Webp.net-compress-image (7).jpg (144.0 KB, 296 views)
guffyboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2018, 12:49 AM   #2
shofzr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 218235 BronzeWaves
Your clasp blades have become deformed.
Both blades must have the same curve for the clasp to lay flat when locked.

The blades should no make contact with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speedmaster 125
shofzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2018, 10:14 AM   #3
CHICKENHAWK
"TRF" Member

Looks like you need to shorten the bracelet to fit your wrist.
CHICKENHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2018, 01:06 AM   #4
rolexmechanic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guffyboy92 View Post
Hi TRF,

I have a 116520 which I've worn as my beater for couple of years now. I don't mistreat the watch, but it has been my go-to watch I've worn for the toughest situations you'd willingly take an expensive timepiece in; think hiking, swimming in the ocean, the weight room, jogging, shenanigans with buddies and the sort! It has been a faithful companion and has proven to be as robust and reliable as is expected of a modern Rolex.

However, I noticed a little while back that the oyster clasp seems to not be closing properly and no longer sits flat on my wrist. It didn't both me at first, but I figured that maybe this was a progressive issue and if I don't address it, it may get worse with time. What should my course of action be?? Is it necessary for me to bring it to the RSC for servicing? Or will my local watch maker who is very familiar with Rolex be able to fix this? I've attached a couple of pictures below. Please excuse the messy table, I just had a couple of old fraternity buddies crash on my couch over the weekend, maid service is coming tomorrow lol

Thanks again and hope to get some good input!
Any competent watchmaker can fix it while you wait.

pop
rolexmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote