The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 May 2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Xeer
"TRF" Member

Icon4 FRAUD/SCAMMER Alert koz123

This guy who calls himself Anthony Henderson (hendersonanthony74@gmail.com) enquired about information for a watch I have for sale on TRF. He claims to be the user (@koz123) on the forum. I will not comment if it is indeed him. Because if he is, he ought to be banned from the forums.

First communication from him:

"Hi, Is the watch still available for sale or trade? Pls i am interested
Let me know

Cheers, Tony (koz123)"

I responded within the day to let him know it is still available. At this point I already had my suspicions. His name, as stated in his email is Anthony Henderson but he signs off in writing as Tony. So is he Tony or Anthony or both???

Second communication:

"Sorry for the late response, i have been busy and just had the time to check emails. I would like to see some high resolutions photos of the watch and also a little history about it, like has it been polished, any issues and has it been serviced yet? Let me know your mode of payment and also you can check out my gallery to view my watch collections. watchgallery.ga

Thanks and looking forward to reading back from you again

Tony (koz123)"

Now he tries to act like a "fellow collector/enthusiast" and subtly requests I visit his watch collection / gallery. So I naively clicked on his link only to be re-directed to a website that looks EXACTLY like the login page of TRF that mentions I need to login before I can see the content. At this point, I knew something was wrong. I am constantly logged into TRF and there is no reason why I had to re-login at that point. I had multiple other tabs opened reading threads on TRF!

At this point, he sent his 3rd communication:

"I would like to see some high resolutions photos of the watch and also a little history about it, like has it been polished, any issues and has it been serviced yet? Did you check out my collections?"

Prompting me once again to check out his collection. I then responded to him saying "do you mean your phishing attempt?"

4th communication from him:

"I beg your pardon!"

Hinting that I've wrongly accused him of fraud. I again took the time to reply him saying "Your website redirects to a fraudulent version of rolexforums demanding for my password. " I haven't heard from him since.

I am taking the time to write this in hopes that if he tries this on anyone else, at least if someone does a search on the forum about "Anthony Henderson", they will get redirected to this post.
Xeer is offline   Reply With Quote