The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2020, 02:13 AM   #61
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Rolex is producing more models than previous, that’s why some greys aren’t taking them....it is slowly going back to normal
Rolex produces to their capacity each year with no change. What they specifically produce may change and they have closed over 440 ADs in 2019. They will close an additional 27 ADs in 2020. So, same supply going to less dealers. Never was a good reason to buy from Greys unless it made you happy.
Old 24 January 2020, 02:42 AM   #62
franktehtank
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db7566 View Post
At peace and content! Exactly what is important. That's how I feel about my sub.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Refreshing! We all get so hung up on the next thing, it's nice when we can just be happy with what we have. I'll be happy... after the next one
franktehtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 04:09 AM   #63
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 04:30 AM   #64
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
I called two greys enroute thinking; I could wear it for a week then sell it if i don't love it. Bob's said sorry not taking them. Another said let me check if we are accepting those right now, then offered $12,500
Bob must be sitting on a massive inventory to decide not to take more BLNRs in. And maybe they're not exactly flying off the self at these crazy inflated prices. So there might be some light at the end of the tunnel after all for genuine watch enthusiasts.

I've got the feeling in two years from now the market will eventually go back to what it used to be. It seems to me that speculators might start to be losing interest in watches as an investment. I heard somewhere that 80% of people calling top resellers want to sell, not buy. Gives us an idea of the sheer magnitude of the flipping going around. If resellers refuse to take stock in or do it below MSRP, that's the end of flipping.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 05:21 AM   #65
SDR581
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR 116610LN DJ41
[QUOTE= I've got the feeling in two years from now the market will eventually go back to what it used to be. It seems to me that speculators might start to be losing interest in watches as an investment. I heard somewhere that 80% of people calling top resellers want to sell, not buy. Gives us an idea of the sheer magnitude of the flipping going around. If resellers refuse to take stock in or do it below MSRP, that's the end of flipping.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope...I dream about getting a Pepsi every night...Yes I know I can go get on grey. But...I want it to be 100% mine. My name on the receipt...My name on the warranty card.

TBH I don't see any drastic changes happening anytime soon. If prices do "normalize" it will be gradual and take anywhere from 18 to 24 months. Just a hunch!
SDR581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 05:40 AM   #66
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Most people probably don't care that I am not rich.
I don't care.

You did good. Don't fall into the hype that it's so desirable just because you can't get one.

And there's nothing wrong with checking on fair market value if you think that you may change your mind on a purchase.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 08:45 AM   #67
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDR581 View Post
One can only hope...I dream about getting a Pepsi every night...Yes I know I can go get on grey. But...I want it to be 100% mine. My name on the receipt...My name on the warranty card.

TBH I don't see any drastic changes happening anytime soon. If prices do "normalize" it will be gradual and take anywhere from 18 to 24 months. Just a hunch!

Not sure what a future “normal” would be.

With far less AD’s out there if there’s a uptick in supply or drop in demand then will they change the dealer show cases back to how they were? Add a bunch more boutiques?
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 08:52 AM   #68
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I will believe bubble has burst when my AD calls me for a stainless steel
Watch. For the meantime it’s gray city for me for my desired pieces
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:27 AM   #69
ma.st.
"TRF" Member

It's appropriate to pass on a watch you don't want, regardless of inherent profits. It's only recently that anyone even considered making money on these things opening the floodgates discussed ad nauseam .

I passed on a "hot" GMT, next guy in "line" was ecstatic and the SA thanked me and said it helped my case for what I really want. I'm not holding my breath but just be a normal courteous professional human to the SAs and hopefully they return the favor. Buy what you like and can afford and wear it.
ma.st. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 09:47 AM   #70
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

This is a very interesting thread, maybe the market is softening and prices are finally coming down. Time will tell.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:02 AM   #71
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
I believe you did the right thing. If you’d taken and flipped the batgirl, you’d risk not getting your BLRO.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 10:08 AM   #72
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
This is a very interesting thread, maybe the market is softening and prices are finally coming down. Time will tell.
This is the unique thread that keeps hope alive like some reporting walking in and buying a Daytona from the back because it just came in. These incidence do you happen from time to time as people pass on watches for a host of reasons.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:16 AM   #73
D.P.G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR (2019)
For your benifit I wish you were able to see both watches in person. I really wanted the BLRO until I saw it, then the BLNR instantly became my favorite. The red looked a bit pink and the blue purple. And the BLNR just looked better without the third color (Red) also blue for day and black for night makes sense.
D.P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:08 PM   #74
Setarip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
I purchased an 114060 (first purchase over $500) in Dec thinking it would be my only chance on a sub or gmt. Go figure I got a call two days ago for the BLNR. I was already out with my family so we drove there and discussed how much more we both liked the BLRO.

I called two greys enroute thinking; I could wear it for a week then sell it if i don't love it. Bob's said sorry not taking them. Another said let me check if we are accepting those right now, then offered $12,500

Got to the AD and I discovered I loved everything about it. The jubilee was fantastic. GMT function seems flawless. Definitely would have made the purchase had I not bought the sub. I ended up deciding to hold off for what I really wanted. If a nobody (me) can get calls for two ss sports in two months and greys are getting stuck with product then maybe things are looking up.

Hopefully no one judges me for calling greys. I do not have enough money to buy 20k in watches in two months. But don't need money bad enough to flip watches as a side hustle.

AD texted me an hour later it was sold and he would keep me in mind.

Respect.
Setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:25 PM   #75
Db7566
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.G. View Post
For your benifit I wish you were able to see both watches in person. I really wanted the BLRO until I saw it, then the BLNR instantly became my favorite. The red looked a bit pink and the blue purple. And the BLNR just looked better without the third color (Red) also blue for day and black for night makes sense.
Unfortunately, you could be right. But hey, if the BLRO doesn't tickle my fancy the BLNR shouldn't take too long to find. Also I could just get a few year old black bezel. Love that green GMT hand.

Old 24 January 2020, 12:38 PM   #76
justintime1986
Banned

good decision... do what makes you happy.
justintime1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:47 PM   #77
cdubg21
Banned

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10klakes View Post
Head on over to Bobs website and count the number of BLNRs. It’s not a surprise they aren’t looking for more.
Bob’s prices are insane—-$16-17.5k for BLNR...no wonder they are piling up. I won’t do business with them...the few times I reached out, customer service was non-existent
cdubg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:49 PM   #78
Jcy90
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT & SUB
Buy what u like. This market is inflated. Lists are bs and it’s all about who you know. Good for you! I’m happy that you’re holding out for what you like!
Jcy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:49 PM   #79
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Quote:
I purchased an 114060 (first purchase over $500) in Dec thinking it would be my only chance on a sub or gmt. Go figure I got a call two days ago for the BLNR. I was already out with my family so we drove there and discussed how much more we both liked the BLRO.

Got to the AD and I discovered I loved everything about it. The jubilee was fantastic. GMT function seems flawless. Definitely would have made the purchase had I not bought the sub. I ended up deciding to hold off for what I really wanted. If a nobody (me) can get calls for two ss sports in two months and greys are getting stuck with product then maybe things are looking up.

Hopefully no one judges me for calling greys. I do not have enough money to buy 20k in watches in two months. But don't need money bad enough to flip watches as a side hustle.

AD texted me an hour later it was sold and he would keep me in mind.

I think you did the right thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:00 PM   #80
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.G. View Post
I know the first batch of BLRO are like the colours you mentioned. But I know from my own, all the Pepsi's that are been delivered now the Blue is a dark blue like Navy in colour.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:08 PM   #81
lowmandfl
"TRF" Member

Good move, plus you’ll get more credibility with that AD for passing and I’m sure they’ll call on the Pepsi.
lowmandfl is offline   Reply With Quote