The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2020, 11:02 PM   #1
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Possible Pam 1046

Several months back a new Panerai Boutique opened so the Mrs was shopping in the same area so I thought I would go just to check them out as I have never handled a Panerai

First off very small boutique but seemed to be well laid out and the sales group seemed very attentive but long story short I came across this piece https://www.panerai.com/us/en/collec...ue---42mm.html and really liked the look and feel but then I started looking at the specs and it seems it’s only rated for 3 bar/30 meters which I assume it’s because of the snap back that’s used ?

Anyway I’m not a diver but do occasionally get watches wet especially during weekly cleanings when wearing so would a 3 bar piece be ok to run under water or shower with ?
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 12:41 AM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Luminor with 30 meter water resistance is hard for me to wrap my head around, but there are those who like the Due line.

Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 04:30 AM   #3
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Luminor with 30 meter water resistance is hard for me to wrap my head around, but there are those who like the Due line.

Yes I was very attracted to the Due line but now I’m going to have to rethink this piece in my future, don’t get me wrong I love the look and fit but I also wash my watches 1-2 times a week and don’t want any issues.
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Old 19 January 2020, 07:47 AM   #4
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

We've said it here before, but a luminor case (with crown protecting device!), snap on case back, military diving heritage and 30m of wr are elements that simply don't work well together.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 08:47 AM   #5
3 Putt
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I bought a Due in December. This watch did what Panerai wanted, it attracted a new buyer (me) that had no interest in the large size of traditional Panerai models. But it does provide the look, fit and finish of Panerai. I am a big guy, and can easily wear traditional Panerai models. But I never liked their bulky feel. I can wear the Due under my suit jacket, it is very easy to read, in house movement and the same high quality finishing as expected from Panerai.

I often read that 30 meters is not a large enough depth rating. Unless you are acutally diving, it is more than enough for daily wear. And if you dive, you are probably using a better tool for the job.

The Due line is bringing in new buyers to enjoy the Panerai brand. It is every bit a Panerai. The Due is not a divers watch. Its a watch for everyday wear, suitable for all occasions that demonstrates a unique style. I highly recommend it.
Old 20 January 2020, 12:11 AM   #6
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
We've said it here before, but a luminor case (with crown protecting device!), snap on case back, military diving heritage and 30m of wr are elements that simply don't work well together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Putt View Post
I bought a Due in December. This watch did what Panerai wanted, it attracted a new buyer (me) that had no interest in the large size of traditional Panerai models. But it does provide the look, fit and finish of Panerai. I am a big guy, and can easily wear traditional Panerai models. But I never liked their bulky feel. I can wear the Due under my suit jacket, it is very easy to read, in house movement and the same high quality finishing as expected from Panerai.

I often read that 30 meters is not a large enough depth rating. Unless you are acutally diving, it is more than enough for daily wear. And if you dive, you are probably using a better tool for the job.

The Due line is bringing in new buyers to enjoy the Panerai brand. It is every bit a Panerai. The Due is not a divers watch. Its a watch for everyday wear, suitable for all occasions that demonstrates a unique style. I highly recommend it.
I to am new to Panerai and when I saw the 42mm Due it caught my attention so I wanted to see it in person and when seeing I was attracted more but the low WR rating is a big turn off, no I’m not a daily diver and don’t shower while wearing a watch but I do submerge my pieces a few time a week under water and clean and if I chose to say get in a pool or similar I don’t want the nightmare of ruining a picece that won’t be covered by warranty so maybe I need to either one look at a different Panerai line or two look to a different brand.