The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2020, 05:15 PM   #1
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Does anybody own the Speedmaster 38?

Just wondering if anyone has bought this one yet. I’d like to see some pictures of it and ask your opinion on it.

There aren’t many pictures online and the few reviews I found on YouTube aren’t really the best quality and don’t show the watch enough, AND don’t answer any of the questions that I have

schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 05:16 PM   #2
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post

Not my picture, credit goes to somebody on Reddit, I couldn’t find the creator.

One of my favorite photos of the watch.
Old 16 January 2020, 12:33 AM   #3
schoolboy
Banned

Just checking again!

I guess my tastebuds are a little weird
Old 17 January 2020, 08:32 AM   #4
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

Can't help you with that bruv, but I suggest you do a search on Omegaforums and Watchuseek, there's usually plenty of reviews and discussions on Speedmasters there.
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 03:39 PM   #5
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montremoi View Post
Can't help you with that bruv, but I suggest you do a search on Omegaforums and Watchuseek, there's usually plenty of reviews and discussions on Speedmasters there.

Thank you bruv !

I tried joining the omega forums but I had trouble creating a login. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Old 18 January 2020, 01:43 PM   #6
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
So you might not get too much wordage on here for anything other then the manual wind speedys. I will give you a bit of what I have seen here. The Omega enthusiast's dont really buy automatic speedys. They are the diehard, manual wind, moon watch fanboys. I own a Speedy Racing 40mm, that I absolutely love. However, it gets no love on here. I dont see many different speedy's on the wrists of the diehard enthusiasts. They wont own one, they dont really comment on them. Its a different community then other watch brands. Most fan's are fans of more then one model, not so much for Omegas. Its pretty much, "THE" speedy or crickets in the air.

I really like the speedy 38, I actually really like baby blue dial. It honestly probably a future purchase. It brings me back to, 2002-2003. A friends older brother was traveling over sea's and bought a Victorinox or Swiss army blue dial watch. It was so cool, I always admired it. And the baby blue speedy reminds me of it. Brings back old memories lol

How does the 38mm wear? Im not sure if I want to get down to a 38mm non-dress watch. How do you compare it to a 40mm?

mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 11:18 AM   #7
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
So you might not get too much wordage on here for anything other then the manual wind speedys. I will give you a bit of what I have seen here. The Omega enthusiast's dont really buy automatic speedys. They are the diehard, manual wind, moon watch fanboys. I own a Speedy Racing 40mm, that I absolutely love. However, it gets no love on here. I dont see many different speedy's on the wrists of the diehard enthusiasts. They wont own one, they dont really comment on them. Its a different community then other watch brands. Most fan's are fans of more then one model, not so much for Omegas. Its pretty much, "THE" speedy or crickets in the air.

I really like the speedy 38, I actually really like baby blue dial. It honestly probably a future purchase. It brings me back to, 2002-2003. A friends older brother was traveling over sea's and bought a Victorinox or Swiss army blue dial watch. It was so cool, I always admired it. And the baby blue speedy reminds me of it. Brings back old memories lol

How does the 38mm wear? Im not sure if I want to get down to a 38mm non-dress watch. How do you compare it to a 40mm?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think I’ve noticed that most speedy fans go for either the hesalite speedy or the sapphire sandwich, or the FOIS

Other than that, it looks like the other speedys don’t get much attention

I tried it on at an AD in New Mexico, but wasn’t really thinking of adding anything new. I’m still not sure if I want to add anything, but that one is on my short list

It wore smaller than the forty, and seemed a little more top heavy (because it’s smaller I guess).

However; the bracelet reminded me of the presidential bracelet from Rolex somehow...

It seemed a lot for flexible than the one that the speedy pro comes on.

I liked it because of the smaller size, comfy bracelet, date, and I think it is COSC certified.
Old 23 January 2020, 11:19 AM   #8
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post

My question is if this watch allows hacking or not.

I know to some it’s not a big deal, but I like watches that hack!
Old 24 January 2020, 03:45 AM   #9
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Does anybody own the Speedmaster 38?

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think I’ve noticed that most speedy fans go for either the hesalite speedy or the sapphire sandwich, or the FOIS

Other than that, it looks like the other speedys don’t get much attention

I tried it on at an AD in New Mexico, but wasn’t really thinking of adding anything new. I’m still not sure if I want to add anything, but that one is on my short list

It wore smaller than the forty, and seemed a little more top heavy (because it’s smaller I guess).

However; the bracelet reminded me of the presidential bracelet from Rolex somehow...

It seemed a lot for flexible than the one that the speedy pro comes on.

I liked it because of the smaller size, comfy bracelet, date, and I think it is COSC certified.

Wow, I just tried this on and am still sitting in my car thinking about going back and getting it.

The bracelet is pretty awesome and has a vintage vibe to it. Going to think about it for a day or so...it has two drawbacks imo...
1. The box has a red bow and looks super feminine
2. I like dial matching date wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 04:10 AM   #10
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Wow, I just tried this on and am still sitting in my car thinking about going back and getting it.

The bracelet is pretty awesome and has a vintage vibe to it. Going to think about it for a day or so...it has two drawbacks imo...
1. The box has a red bow and looks super feminine
2. I like dial matching date wheels

Nice! That’s a beautiful dial.

Do you know if the watch hacks?
Old 24 January 2020, 05:08 AM   #11
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

I’ll ask when I go back for you!

Old 24 January 2020, 07:39 AM   #12
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I emailed the assistant manager I spoke to earlier, he said it does indeed hack. Don’t know if he’s blowing smoke to get me to buy or not, but it does appear to.

I hope I’ve enabled you!

Old 24 January 2020, 08:23 AM   #13
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I found this on Omega's website: it looks like the seconds hand stops when you pull out to position 2 to set the time, so if you were talking about can you change the hour hand with the seconds still running, no you cannot. Time stops according to this.

https://www.omegawatches.com/media/p...01_English.pdf
Old 24 January 2020, 08:39 AM   #14
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
I emailed the assistant manager I spoke to earlier, he said it does indeed hack. Don’t know if he’s blowing smoke to get me to buy or not, but it does appear to.

I hope I’ve enabled you!

Oh ok

Haha

I want one but I’m not sure if this year is the year
Old 24 January 2020, 08:39 AM   #15
schoolboy
Banned

Quote:
I found this on Omega's website: it looks like the seconds hand stops when you pull out to position 2 to set the time, so if you were talking about can you change the hour hand with the seconds still running, no you cannot. Time stops according to this.

https://www.omegawatches.com/media/p...01_English.pdf

Awesome!

I wanted to know if when I set the time, I could stop the seconds hand at 12