The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 September 2018, 06:56 PM   #1
williamstone
Banned

Invicta Watches!

Hello dear members! I have something difficult. I bought an Invicta watch model No.9937A used. It has a gilded work and is also signed with Swiss Movement. I am aware that the higher quality ones are equipped with an ETA movement. As such, I got my sold too. Now I sat down with my watchmaker's loupe and looked. Below the unrest there is something to the left of SW 200 right next to 06 / B30od.630. Can you read badly. Just below the restlessness is a sign that looks like this // L // or even // E // is also hard to read. I just know that an ETA movement has a number combination and the ETA sign! Who can please tell me something specific. The clock looks otherwise top. Would not like to have the feeling of being ripped off! Thanks in advance to all who can help me with my problem. Thanks a lot!
Regards williamstone.
williamstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 11:11 PM   #2
DCportraits
"TRF" Member

Watch: me closely
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamstone View Post
Hello dear members! I have something difficult. I bought an Invicta watch model No.9937A used. It has a gilded work and is also signed with Swiss Movement. I am aware that the higher quality ones are equipped with an ETA movement. As such, I got my sold too. Now I sat down with my watchmaker's loupe and looked. Below the unrest there is something to the left of SW 200 right next to 06 / B30od.630. Can you read badly. Just below the restlessness is a sign that looks like this // L // or even // E // is also hard to read. I just know that an ETA movement has a number combination and the ETA sign! Who can please tell me something specific. The clock looks otherwise top. Would not like to have the feeling of being ripped off! Thanks in advance to all who can help me with my problem. Thanks a lot!
Regards williamstone.
If you paid more than $100 for the watch, yes, you probably got ripped off. It’s a little difficult to ascertain what you’re asking for or looking for, but bottom line SW200 is a Sellita movement. Invicta also made these with ETA 2824 movements as well as Miyota 21j’s. All workhorse movements that should keep relatively accurate times and are cheap to service. I have a couple watches with SW200 movements in them that keep +- 4sec a day. Enjoy your Invicta!
DCportraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 11:39 PM   #3
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
SW200 is a fine movement (and Swiss Made) but not as expensive as the ETA.

So yes, if you paid over $100 you overpaid.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 09:01 PM   #4
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
Steer clear of Invicta.

There are plenty of good, solid compaines that sell good, solid watches in the same price ranges and don't play the MSRP and movement "smoke and mirror" games that Invicta plays.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 06:56 AM   #5
JoeyT
Banned

The 9937 as referenced is the Swiss made counterpart to the 8926 which you find at all major department stores. The 8926 is junk, the 9937 goes for $250-$350. It’s essentially the same as 8926 but solid end links, solid mid links, and better movement. Everything else is same. So $200+ premium for a bracelet and movement. Enjoy your watch OP and don’t look too much into value, you didn’t buy an invicta as an investment piece for sure
JoeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 07:41 AM   #6
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Kind of bizarre to me but I just noticed that an Invicta Boutique is coming in Houston’s Galleria, a mall with lots of high end stores, both watches and otherwise. I’ve also seen one in NYC’s Oculus, also a high end place.
I’ve always seen Invicta as a “starter brand,” well known for its ubiquitous 8926. Also known for its grossly inflated MSRP’s which no one ever comes close to paying. Does anyone know if Invicta Boutiques discount heavily, or do they actually charge list?
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 10:53 PM   #7
Frogman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Kind of bizarre to me but I just noticed that an Invicta Boutique is coming in Houston’s Galleria, a mall with lots of high end stores, both watches and otherwise. I’ve also seen one in NYC’s Oculus, also a high end place.
I’ve always seen Invicta as a “starter brand,” well known for its ubiquitous 8926. Also known for its grossly inflated MSRP’s which no one ever comes close to paying. Does anyone know if Invicta Boutiques discount heavily, or do they actually charge list?
Nothing good could ever come from visiting an invica store bro........nothing.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 05:09 AM   #8
XtraCrispy
"TRF" Member

Watch: me closely!
Many, many years ago, I bought an automatic Invicta TT Rolex sub look-a-like (can't even remember the ref #).

I think I paid around $100 for it and quickly discovered how inferior their watches are made. The clasp lock was extremely difficult to open, it kept terrible time and the movement of the bezel was jerky. It stopped working after a few months at which point I just tossed it in the garbage can - never again.
XtraCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote