The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 16 May 2020, 07:47 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Panerai 1118 Delivery Date

Look, I get the whole new models with lume debate... local FL boutique is getting only 1 of the 1118 and she's mine. NEWS, delivery date is around July or so. As for lume, my Muse / wife's 19 year daughter didn't want an Apple watch, said no to Rolex, and no to Swatches, yet she lit up when she saw the new Panerai luuuume. So technically it's her timepiece with 70 year warranty so when I pass she gets it and never needs to worry about care and service. So I'm taking care of her even when I pass

Frankly, I looove the 1118 style, then again i love both Tron movies.

Also have a PAM01033.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Bushido
"TRF" Member

I'm with you. I think the 1118 is awesome and I've also let the boutique SA know to lock one in for me. It's okay that not everyone enjoys every watch, different tastes and all that.

Worst case, we're the only two people on the planet to purchase this and we'll form our own Panerai x Tron fan club!

One thing throwing me though is your delivery date. I was told December-January. That was a couple weeks ago, did it move up?
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 08:08 AM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

FL AD said July when we spoke on the phone today. Panerai cooperate had a phone meeting or some such recently. Sounded like his boutique was busy today too.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 16 May 2020, 08:46 AM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Love the spirit, enjoy. That’s what watches are for.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 09:44 PM   #5
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good for you. Post an incoming when it arrives and give us your thoughts.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 10:23 PM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Will do. Plan to do an 'unboxing' video while at AD. My Muse / wife's 19 y/o will be with us so everyone can see her first reaction during initial presentation at AD. She (19 y/o) has already gained quite a following on social media platforms for her other fun videos and want to support her efforts. She's an artist / talented painter and has the 'right stuff' for social media.

Old 16 May 2020, 10:29 PM   #7
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Will do. Plan to do an 'unboxing' video while at AD. My Muse / wife's 19 y/o will be with us so everyone can see her first reaction during initial presentation at AD. She (19 y/o) has already gained quite a following on social media platforms for her other fun videos and want to support her efforts. She's an artist / talented painter and has the 'right stuff' for social media.
congratulations! looking forward to seeing your unboxing video.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 10:34 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations in advance
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 12:48 AM   #9
emtee
"TRF" Member

Cool watch but they really should have lumed that date as well!
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 09:55 PM   #10
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Can't wait to see it.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 09:59 PM   #11
rambo99
Banned

by the way, anyone knows whether the lume can last for 70 years? will they be replaced within warranty terms if it stop to lume after like 10 years?
Old 17 May 2020, 10:51 PM   #12
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Will scan and post the warranty once i receive the timepiece. Odds are they will also cover the lume under warranty as re-luming is easy to do.

Old 19 May 2020, 02:36 PM   #13
djyolky
Banned

I'm a big fan of this look/innovation! Slightly higher than what I would like to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2020, 12:51 PM   #14
KBM

That is one seriously cool piece. Big congrats, buddy.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 01:19 AM   #15
rambo99
Banned

just visited a local boutique and the salesman said all the 3 70 years warranty models have been sold out. they wont accept me paying deposit to preorder one! i just cant believe they sell so well amid the current economic downturn!
Old 15 June 2020, 03:25 AM   #16
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I am so excited to see this watch. I dig the Panerai direction.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 04:04 AM   #17
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I love it and I also love that Panerai is breaking the mold and releasing excitement. I’ve literally become so jaded with the vanilla that some watch makers have turned out over and over again. Times have changed and it’s healthy to welcome change. This new PAM is a perfect example of that.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 07:48 AM   #18
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Been about a year and JUST got the call, as the 1118 will be here next week! Also found out the warranty IS transferrable, as am handing down this timepiece to my wife's daughter. Sooo looking fwd to Tron

Old 4 May 2021, 11:11 AM   #19
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Panerai 1118 Delivery Date

Mine came couple wks ago. The lume is very bright indeed, ur wife’s daughter will not be disappointed
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 12:45 PM   #20
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWS65SM View Post
Mine came couple wks ago. The lume is very bright indeed, ur wife’s daughter will not be disappointed
This is amazing!!!!
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 12:04 AM   #21
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wonderful

Old 5 May 2021, 05:00 AM   #22
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Dang that’s bright. Lol

Reminds me of Tron

Quote:
Old 5 May 2021, 10:16 AM   #23
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Good looking watch for sure!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 07:08 PM   #24
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Looks awesome
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 12:41 PM   #25
ks58
Banned

I'm wondering, do you think they sell the blue strap from the 01117? I think it'd pair nice with the Carbotech.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 10:03 PM   #26
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Alas, no extra straps were made according to Bob @ Panerai Naples Boutique. There will be none to owners who use their 1117/8/9 if they wear out the original (no swapping of worn for new). So the strap is not covered under the 70 year warranty and there are no extra to be purchased as I tried. You can get various straps from https://trade.aliexpress.com/ that should suit your purpose.

GREAT NEWS For 1117/8/9 Fans!

You can get a Velcro strap version just like the stock version. I also ordered, and am using right now and love it, a version that has a flat black clasp instead of Velcro and slightly different stitching pattern for $24 at https://tinyurl.com/tf5uj8kr .

Like many straps, it is very stiff at first so shower with it, take it swimming and get it very wet, then 'reshape' it to your wrist. i use a formed watch cushion from my fave Amazon-sourced watch box https://amzn.to/2TB56IB . The wet strap on the shaped cushion then dries... and it 'reshapes' the strap to my wrist. This also works great for stiff leather straps too :)

Sorry Panerai, yet if you don't provide owners options we're willing to pay for this is what we have to do. So Panerai, tell us again about the 9010 Evolution movement you've been keeping a secret from members of the press and your customers. We look forward to hearing from Panerai.

Old 3 June 2021, 04:30 AM   #27
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

^ cool. Thx Steven.

I have been looking for one for the 690.

At those prices, I ordered 26mm and 24mm Lol
Old 3 June 2021, 05:12 AM   #28
ks58
Banned

That's a bummer that Panerai didn't make more straps available specifically for these pieces. Thank you for the band recommendations!
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 05:35 AM   #29
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Looks guys, I kinda feel uncool about posting the resource, but you'd easily find it through search engines anyway if you took a bit of time. I'd LOVE to buy it from Panerari, and a wall clock that matches their back-lit green Boutique clock (yet smaller sized of course, like 24" square).

Anywho, the straps are surprisingly good, really good actually imho. Funny thing is, dare say this in public, they got the green afterglow color better matching than the stock strap(!) imho.

Old 3 June 2021, 06:53 AM   #30
Vince KSA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Congratulations that's a fantastic looking watch, I look forward to the incoming photos ����
Patek Philippe 5168-G (Aquanaut Blue) - Rolex Daytona 116508 Green Dial - Rolex Submariner 116619LB ( Smurf) - Panerai 1116 (Platinum 1 of 70) - Panerai 932 Radiomir 47mm - Panerai 968 Submersible "Bronzo" - NOMOS Glashutte Club 453 Campus - SS Omega Seamaster Orange - Porsche Design GMT - G Shock Solar - Tag F1 Circa 1995 - J W Benson Circa 1950. ( F.PJ. Complication on order 👍🏼)
Vince KSA is offline   Reply With Quote