The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 26 July 2010, 06:52 AM   #181
joeyk
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
joeyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2010, 03:26 AM   #182
lowendbassshop

Hey guys, I'm new here. I noticed people keep saying that Breitling is offered everywhere verse Rolex, but I find it the other way around. I can find Rolex everywhere but Breitling is harder to find. I'm in Nashville, so maybe that it....

I own a couple Breitlings and have bought Rolex's but not hung onto them. I think they are all great pieces.
lowendbassshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2010, 02:56 PM   #183
blackmsport
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navitimer View Post
I own many Breitling watches, used to be 15,5 Omegas and 3 Tags. I tried hard to buy Rolex, just could not buy even one because Rolex Replica looks as good as the real Rolex. I respect Rolex, but when Rolex dealer complemented my replica Rolex as a great watch, I just could not spend a few thousands on that brand....

If Rolex offer varieties of designs I may consider Rolex, but after all, Rolex are well respected Brand
what !!!!! you have a fake Rolex

BAN LIST
blackmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 01:27 AM   #184
jeremyam

Watch: 16610 V
with the expection of 2 or three models, in particular the SOH 38 and SOH 46, i don't have any affinity towards breitling. i don't do aviation, i don't fly and i don't need function over function. i prefer clean look, brushed ss, clean dial and rolex does that very well, breitling on the other hand appeals to those who don't mind a "busier" look every time they glance at watch...

Having said that both are nice watches and i tend to agree with rolex being better at resale and breitling being a better value. i think omega bridges the gap between the aforementioned perfectly with tag heuer following closely.

Just my opinion.

J
jeremyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 08:13 AM   #185
blackmsport
Banned

I like Breitling avenger or steelfish chrono

the rest are just too bulky and too complicated dial
Old 18 August 2010, 09:48 AM   #186
toddb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Xplorer 40
cockpit non-chrono

A k a new galactic 41 . One of breitlings' best products, overlooked {sadly}..big double date wheel, great legibility, and excellent bracelet. Reasonably priced; as well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prefer trophy black.jpg (54.1 KB, 647 views)
File Type: jpg simpler dial this model on strap.jpg (71.6 KB, 646 views)
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 10:12 AM   #187
blackmsport
Banned

wow.... best looking Breitling
Old 18 August 2010, 10:52 AM   #188
toddb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Xplorer 40
down under

Its true, mate .... everyone gets so caught up in the toaster-oven sized chronos...they overlook this excellent piece
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 11:14 AM   #189
Blimms

Watch: Rolex/Breitling/BR
The Super Avenger is Sweet !!
Blimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 11:17 AM   #190
Mantooth

Watch: you talkin' 'bout?
Rolex, Omega, Breitling, in that order.

I can't get over Breitling's styling.
Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2010, 07:03 AM   #191
Bigboss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!
I own Rolex/Breitling/Omega.

Luv them all.

Cheers
Walter

Bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:00 PM   #192
lowendbassshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Rolex, Omega, Breitling, in that order.

I can't get over Breitling's styling.
I don't understand why this statement is made when Breitling makes a variety of styles.

Just wondering why Rolex owners always try and throw Breitling down to the third spot when they list the order... unless they own Both then they always name them side by side. I don't drive a Hummer nor own a Rolex

But I do enjoy watches and how they are designed and built with quality..

Why is Panerai never mentioned.... just a different class?

I enjoy Breitling and Panerai, but I obviously like weight and something I can feel on.

Thanks guys for the wonderful forum to discuss such fine time pieces.
lowendbassshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2010, 03:04 PM   #193
panxiaoyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
Hi guys, rolex and breitling got different style and both making different type of watch and design and i think both of them cannnot be compare to each other , i love the breitling chronograph like super avenger , chronomat evolution , bentley gt and for rolex of course will be DEEPSEA, submariner and gmt2 . in terms of price , i think breitling is more better value for money for those of us that wanted to keep alot of watch . if i have the money , i will try different brand of watch. thats just my opinion and the trend nowadays is all bout 40mm size no matter if you got a big wrist or small wrist. i got a super small wrist. thank
panxiaoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2010, 03:52 PM   #194
panxiaoyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowendbassshop View Post
I don't understand why this statement is made when Breitling makes a variety of styles.

Just wondering why Rolex owners always try and throw Breitling down to the third spot when they list the order... unless they own Both then they always name them side by side. I don't drive a Hummer nor own a Rolex

But I do enjoy watches and how they are designed and built with quality..

Why is Panerai never mentioned.... just a different class?

I enjoy Breitling and Panerai, but I obviously like weight and something I can feel on.

Thanks guys for the wonderful forum to discuss such fine time pieces.
agree, both of them make different style and target different audience and i think at the end of the day is which one u prefer most , i highly like breilting because i dont people to know too much about what watch i am wearing because living in asia sometime is abit dangerous if they know too much bout what u have at home but now i am in australia , i feel like buying different brand and change my watch each day .
panxiaoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2010, 01:28 PM   #195
too solid
"TRF" Member

For me Breitling offers a better variety of sizes and styles then Rolex. @ 6"2, 275lbs, 7.5" wrist, I can't where anything under 42mm without it looking to small for my taste. I prefer 44mm-49mm, and for that reason Breitling is my watch of choice.
too solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2010, 04:23 AM   #196
vulpro

Watch: Rolex & others
I've owned a few. Some of the Breitling models are just Ok... I find their bracelets cheaply made and they just don't compare to a Rolly or many other top brands. But I also had an 18K Chronomat with a Pilot bracelet (the five link) and I'll tell you what... that watch was put together as nice as any watch I've ever owned. Nicer feel in many respects to several Rolexes I own. Just a great watch. Good thing I snatched it from a dealer discontinuing the line. I stole it at 40 off. (20K retail) Two years later, I was told it was worth about 8K!

Resale is not good compared to Rolex!
vulpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2010, 12:44 PM   #197
NEW
"TRF" Member

Watch: MANY
I still can't choose!!!!

Both are nice watches and i tend to agree with rolex being better at resale and breitling being a better value.
100_0505.jpg

100_0478.jpg
Old 1 December 2010, 04:16 AM   #198
Mlpugh
"TRF" Member

You have three divisions and a Super division of watchmakers. Breitling is above Rolex. Rolex is an advertising brand! Rolex is making a move with the DSSD but they will never be in the super division of watchmakers. If you want to invest in a watch that could make it to the super division that would be a Panerai or just get a Patek that could be purchased for $30,000 then worth $200,000 or more years down the road. Thanks Mike
Mlpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2010, 12:16 PM   #199
axecollector65

Watch: Casio G-Shock
I own Breitlings, Rolexes, Omegas, IWC, Franck M and Pateks. I do agree that Rolexes and Breitlings are two different type of watches and draw different customers in most part. I happen to own both because I have a problem with buying watches. Having said that I do lean towards my Rolex sub and daytona over my Breitling Chronomat. I don't know why, but the Rolexes feel better on my wrist than the Breitling. As for which sports watch keeps better time, its the Breitling, but nothing beats the Omegas when it comes to accuracy.

JMHO
axecollector65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2010, 05:14 AM   #200
Mr S1

Watch: Bi-metal 16613 Sub
I have several Rolexes and Breitlings, and without a doubt I'd choose the Rolex every time. They just look and feel so much more special than anything else I have ever worn.
Mr S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2010, 10:46 AM   #201
Frankie13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I like my GMTc very much but love this watch for 10years know and had her just serviced.
Both brands make great watches in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3509.JPG (130.5 KB, 437 views)
Frankie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2010, 04:55 AM   #202
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by axecollector65 View Post
As for which sports watch keeps better time, its the Breitling, but nothing beats the Omegas when it comes to accuracy.
Breitling keeps better time, but nothing beats Omega when it comes to accuracy? What am I missing here?
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2010, 11:44 AM   #203
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlpugh View Post
You have three divisions and a Super division of watchmakers. Breitling is above Rolex. Rolex is an advertising brand! Rolex is making a move with the DSSD but they will never be in the super division of watchmakers. If you want to invest in a watch that could make it to the super division that would be a Panerai or just get a Patek that could be purchased for $30,000 then worth $200,000 or more years down the road. Thanks Mike
WTF? Panerai with ETA movements worth 200K?

You would be better off buying CHS and riding the wave.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 12:06 AM   #204
cmr
"TRF" Member

has a post been removed? i got an email notification there was a new post but i am not seeing one........ was it removed?

bluzy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Breitling v Rolex? - in the Breitling Discussion Forum forum of Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...2&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Rolex

OA-Black dial SS Daytona, V-White dial SS Daytona, Z-GMT2C
Wife, Z-Platinum Yacht Master, Black ceramic White dial SS Daytona,
cmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 05:07 AM   #205
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
I have had the Crosswind and the Montbrillant Datora from new (sold now for my Daytona), anyway, the Crosswind had to go back 3 times to Breitling in 2 years as the watch was losing time at a crazy rate (away 6 weeks at a time, very inconvenient) and the Datora, though admittedly has many complications, gained too much time and also the "Day" display stopped moving. I am led to firmly believe I should not have similar problems with a Rolex Daytona.
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2010, 04:09 AM   #206
carrera12

Every family get together, uncles and cousins, etc all wearing Rolex. I wanted something different so I chose the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage Chrono LE. A lot of watch for the money. I received many compliments from them on the handsome SOHC LE.
carrera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2011, 09:51 AM   #207
Astute

Watch: E-Sub SS
Owned a Yellow dial Superocean with Black rubber strap & a Blue dial Titanium Avenger Seawolf with Titanium bracelet & Blue Rubber strap both good timekeepers, loved that non-reflective coating both sides on the crystal, in a certain light it looked like there was no crystal...cool IMO. The rubber straps smell edible

Downside on both was the winder, used to dread the adjustment pulls
Astute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2011, 04:06 PM   #208
blackmsport
Banned

have both... Rolex please

Breilitng styling is a bit bulky
Old 24 January 2011, 02:46 AM   #209
noche619
"TRF" Member

I'm considering a Rolex Airking. I also saw this Breitling watch yesterday which I thought was quite interesting (I'm a woman). They had it with black dial or this brown. Any opinions between the Rolex and Breitling?
I was talking to a SA later (who does not selll Breitling). she said the mesh bracelets (in general, not specifically Breitling) are prone to problems. Any truth to this?
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif breitling.gif (10.7 KB, 212 views)
noche619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2011, 01:40 AM   #210
beowulf566
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx,Omga,CyS,brtln
I just got the new superocean, really like it good looking sporty watch. with the rubber deployment clasp strap. really comfy on the wrist. That being said I plan on getting a rolex next for the dressy watch. I think that owning a few from different brands is the way im gonna go