hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

I bought from Jacek. Everything is tip-top with the HQ Milton guys
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2018, 07:31 AM   #632
Rdmd2
"TRF" Member

Benwatch

I recently purchased a gmt 1675 from Benwatch and didn’t have the best experience. The “mea culpa” to all this is that I didn’t do anything like the amount of research I should have before taking the plunge. I did quiz the owner -Benoit - on the originality of the watch and was assured all was kosher.
A week after payment the watch arrived in a standard non padded Fedex envelope, protected only by a thin leather pouch. As such, I guess it wasn’t much of a surprise that a chunk of the lume on the minute hand was dislodged and loose on the dial. Furthermore, no invoice or promised (although worthless) certificate of authenticity was present.
Upon telling Benoit about the damage he said he should have a replacement in stock - obviously this was a poor solution.
Further investigation led me to believe the bezel insert was from a much newer watch. Plus there were concerns about the originality of the bracelet and the gmt hand.
Given this I returned the watch.
I did get a refund but communication was always late enough to make me worry, and the final bank transfer was carried out much later than stated, again causing undue concern.
Furthermore, the price I paid I subsequently discovered was substantially more than the watch was worth.
Maybe dealing with Benwatch is fine for those who know what they’re doing, but for vintage Rolex newbies like myself it wasn’t a good place to start.
Rdmd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 12:37 AM   #633
RobW
"TRF" Member

Shant's

I have a new addition for Los Angeles area collectors: Shant's Clock & Watch Repair, 8 Holly St., Pasadena, Ca. Shant does excellent repair and service work on vintage watches, including Rolex, and guarantees all of his work. His shop has a wide range of vintage watches for sale ranging from Rolex and Omega to Hamilton and others. He also offers complete restoration services. I've been going to him for several years now.
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2018, 03:16 PM   #634
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi, haven't updated this list for a while, no updates added. Please let me know if any dealers are no longer active so can take them off the list.

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting 3 member recommendations: [Sellers in this list below either have a) fewer than three recommendations or are b) Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef,droptopman)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020,qadhi)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 11:10 PM   #635
summer78
"TRF" Member

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to ask, but does anyone have any experience with D&E Luxury Watches from Italy? (deluxurywatches dot com) Seeking my first vintage piece. Many thanks!
summer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 08:24 AM   #636
dng992
"TRF" Member

Great post compiling the list together.

I have shooted some messages to them

I am hunting for a 5513 matte. Anyone know of anyone in their "trusted"/approved network with one?
dng992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 11:06 AM   #637
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I bought an amazing 1965 6240 from Bob Maron and its been checked out by several knowledgable watch guys and its 100%. I also bought a 1675 1965 GMT from him as well and it was awesome until my wife stole it.He was a pleasure to do business with.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 02:56 AM   #638
statuskuo
"TRF" Member

Kirill over at https://www.lunaroyster.com/

Chase at https://www.nashvillewatch.com/

Jacek has been mentioned several times already, but I'll also put in my vote for him
statuskuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2018, 05:08 PM   #639
viczeva
"TRF" Member

@tiempovintage
viczeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 09:57 AM   #640
po-porsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16760 "Fat Lady"
cruvon, that's an amazingly helpful collaboration of all the recommendations & references.

I may have missed it. But, I don't see craftandtailored on this list. While I can't refer them as I haven't purchased, they look like they have a decent selection of vintage Rolexs and could be appropriate to list under 'Sellers awaiting one recommendation'
po-porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 06:40 PM   #641
varun1234
"TRF" Member

I love vintage Rolex watch specially circular dial with water proof........
varun1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 08:22 AM   #642
richds
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to share my experience with Jacek (HQ Milton). I know that he's well regarded on this forum, but I just wanted to call him out for bad treatment of prospective customers like myself.

I inquired about a Rolex Explorer 14270 watch on HQ Milton a few days ago. Jacek then sends me an email making an offer, which is a bit lower than the advertised price on the website. I jumped on the opportunity of course, and replied asking him to send me an invoice. 2 days later, no response from him. Much to my surprise, when I checked the website just now, the same watch has now increased in price!

To me, this is not the way to treat your customers (especially those that are about to become one, such as myself). Honor the transaction and just get on with it.

Anyway, there are other vintage Rolex dealers out there. Jacek, if you're reading this, you just lost a potential repeat customer.
richds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 10:31 PM   #643
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
I bought 2 vintage Rolex watches with SUBGMT in The Netherlands Good prices and henrik is a very friendly fellow who knows what he is talking about!
Old 10 August 2018, 01:01 AM   #644
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by richds View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with Jacek (HQ Milton). I know that he's well regarded on this forum, but I just wanted to call him out for bad treatment of prospective customers like myself.

I inquired about a Rolex Explorer 14270 watch on HQ Milton a few days ago. Jacek then sends me an email making an offer, which is a bit lower than the advertised price on the website. I jumped on the opportunity of course, and replied asking him to send me an invoice. 2 days later, no response from him. Much to my surprise, when I checked the website just now, the same watch has now increased in price!

To me, this is not the way to treat your customers (especially those that are about to become one, such as myself). Honor the transaction and just get on with it.

Anyway, there are other vintage Rolex dealers out there. Jacek, if you're reading this, you just lost a potential repeat customer.
Did you try contacting him again? It's possible he would have honored the initial price that was quoted. As you already know, the online posted price does not always correlate with the actual price he offers.
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 02:52 AM   #645
05carbondrz
Banned

I have bought 2 amazing vintage Watches from Nick Gogas(Greekbum).Nick is a Man of His Word,Highly recommend.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 02:56 AM   #646
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
I have bought 2 amazing vintage Watches from Nick Gogas(Greekbum).Nick is a Man of His Word,Highly recommend.
nick is great
Old 15 August 2018, 11:58 PM   #647
Lonestar19
"TRF" Member

nbtimes domain name seems to not have been renewed...
Lonestar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2018, 03:00 AM   #648
andrewwood86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar19 View Post
nbtimes domain name seems to not have been renewed...
You can get him through Instagram
andrewwood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2018, 09:33 AM   #649
ravenhome777
"TRF" Member

interesting... thanks for the list
ravenhome777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 09:15 AM   #650
1234567890!
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Helpful - thanks!
1234567890! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 04:06 AM   #651
pikers
"TRF" Member

I've had great experiences with Paul Duggan (ask for Shirley, she's great) and European Watch Co., they are both local to me.
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2018, 05:45 AM   #652
Skipper_S
"TRF" Member

Nice idea!!

Thanks for the idea you had creating this thread!! Very useful
Skipper_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2018, 11:19 PM   #653
dbfagan
"TRF" Member

Springer

I have purchased 2 spectacular GMT’s from Springer. I recommended him to another forum member who also bought a GMT. He has been very generous with his time, as I ask him “stupid” vintage questions on a regular basis.

Thanks,
David
dbfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2018, 04:54 PM   #654
Ishaan
Banned

woberful
Ishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2018, 04:55 PM   #655
Ishaan
Banned

more good
Ishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2018, 01:33 PM   #656
SweetJones55
"TRF" Member

Has anyone ever bought from Roy-Watches? He's out of Germany.
SweetJones55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2018, 05:07 AM   #657
Conductor_Chris
"TRF" Member

Vintage Watches Collection (Beverley, East Yorkshire, UK)

Does anyone have any experience with vintage-watches-collection .com/
They don't have a bricks and mortar shop but seem to be located in Beverley, East Yorkshire, UK.

They have a watch I am interested in but I am apprehensive of buying an expensive watch online.

Thanks
Conductor_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 03:51 AM   #658
domostatikos
"TRF" Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum and This is my first topic! I am new to this Rolex word too so i don't know from where to start.
I am reading some topics in order to undestand the sellers and how this works. Maybe it is a silly question but why the famous sites (chrono24, wathmaster, jomashop etc) are not included here? There are some trusted sellers for exemple in chrono24. Is there any problem with real/fake waches? Are they more expensive than elsewhere? I live in Paris so, I have to find Euopean sellers if I don't want to pay taxis and when I started looking for Rolex or Tudor watch, the first thing that I did it was to visit this "famous" sites...

Thank you very much! (I will come back later in other topics because I will need your help for my first watch).
domostatikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2018, 07:54 PM   #659
Jtmed
"TRF" Member

Chris-why don’t you google the seller you are asking about and see what is written by others that have used the service-there’s quite a lot!!

Domostakikos-of course you are correct that there will be reputable dealers advertising through the big sites. The trouble is there will also be less reputable dealers and sellers using the sites as a cover for gear that isn’t up to scratch or even dare I say it downright fake. With vintage Rolex it’s a minefield-the devil is in the detail and there are plenty of people looking to rip others off.
That’s why trusted small sellars are so important as per this thread
Jtmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2018, 07:54 AM   #660
Jonford
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor_Chris View Post
Does anyone have any experience with vintage-watches-collection .com/

They don't have a bricks and mortar shop but seem to be located in Beverley, East Yorkshire, UK.

They have a watch I am interested in but I am apprehensive of buying an expensive watch online.

Thanks

I have emailed them a couple of times (maybe about the same watch????) and i have never had a reply. I know they say that they are often away at auctions or whatever and to call instead because they arent always able to look at messages, but who in todays world doesnt or cant check their emails wherever they are? They have some good prices but i dont entirely trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonford is offline   Reply With Quote