The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 April 2018, 09:44 AM   #1
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Rolex great move!

I acknowledge that I have underestimated Rolex's policies. For example, I think they have achieved that the Jubilee bracelet that practically nobody talk about it or looked at it from far away is now a desire. Really a great move. Create the need for something. Of course I refer to the current times as we all know the success through the years of the Datejust models with Jubilee bracelet in both SS and TT. I had a 1600, I also in 1970 or around I do not remember gave my father a 1603 with the fluted bezel. With the bezel Pepsi, I do not say the same thing, because many people in the Forum wanted Rolex to make it again ... also now I also think that I understand why it launches in SS with Jubilee and white gold with Oyster but that is another subject .
What do you think guys
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 09:46 AM   #2
Speed
"TRF" Member

Hi. Sorry. I don’t understand what you are asking.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
I'm not asking anything. Only exchanging ideas and conversing ..
Old 20 April 2018, 10:28 AM   #4
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
it launches with jubilee because they wanted to differentiate it from the wg.

ive felt the latest rolex jubilee on a dj41. it feels too dainty and the clasp doesnt work with it imo. at least white gold owners have that if nothing else.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 10:52 AM   #5
yhzdude
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

why do you think the launch the SS with jubilee and the WG with oyster, just curious, it's because he WG already had the Oyster? or do you have another reason?
i just think it fashion, come and goes as a cycle...bring back the old stuff.
yhzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 11:23 AM   #6
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
Not sure I agree. There are tons of Rolex watches on jubilee in Asia. Tons. They fit better is smaller wrists.

And clearly there is a big chunk of us here who are like the 62510 or the Super Jubilee as an alternative for our sports watches.

Clearly the oyster is nice but people like variety (see all those who mount their watches on nato, leather, and rubber straps. So why not on a jubilee?!)
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 11:35 AM   #7
zjd168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
LOL I am lost too.

Anyway I think the Jubilee + pepsi looks cool and different enough to distinguish the WG version, if this is related to the topics.

In the future there might be an oyster Coke version who knows.
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 11:45 AM   #8
Bt122
Banned

Watch: Ok...Watching
Bt122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 11:51 AM   #9
Eric5964
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Brtlg
I personally wish they would go to a 41mm jubilee with hidden clasp. I know the reasoning was the micro adjustment capabilities....but I have owned jubilees for years and have not had a problem finding a fit since the links are not that large. The clasp just breaks ups the aesthetics that the super jubilee delivered on. There is not a more comfortable Rolex bracelet than the super jubilee IMHO.

EricE

Watch addict
Michigan
Eric5964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 10:52 PM   #10
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhzdude View Post
why do you think the launch the SS with jubilee and the WG with oyster, just curious, it's because he WG already had the Oyster? or do you have another reason?
i just think it fashion, come and goes as a cycle...bring back the old stuff.
I have the opinion that 116719 has been launched for the most exclusive clients who can afford the cost of a watch of that price. Imagine that now they could not launch the same model in SS. Even there is no way to change the bracelet for an Oyster. Because it will be that it can not be changed ??
Old 20 April 2018, 10:56 PM   #11
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faimag View Post
Not sure I agree. There are tons of Rolex watches on jubilee in Asia. Tons. They fit better is smaller wrists.

And clearly there is a big chunk of us here who are like the 62510 or the Super Jubilee as an alternative for our sports watches.

Clearly the oyster is nice but people like variety (see all those who mount their watches on nato, leather, and rubber straps. So why not on a jubilee?!)
I do not disagree with what you say but here in this forum Rolex is synonymous with Oyster bracelet and I assure you that there must be people who do not even know the Jubilee. But as I told you before ... good point yours. Greetings.
Old 20 April 2018, 10:59 PM   #12
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2018, 09:23 AM   #13
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjd168 View Post
LOL I am lost too.

Anyway I think the Jubilee + pepsi looks cool and different enough to distinguish the WG version, if this is related to the topics.

In the future there might be an oyster Coke version who knows.
Never will that happen. It would be betraying those who bought it in white gold. And it is a very exclusive public. Rolex will not lose that kind of customers.
Old 21 April 2018, 10:57 AM   #14
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Jubilee has been a staple for 36mm DJs forever. It disappeared on the GMTIIs when they introduced ceramic bezel inserts (afaik); it was never available of the DJII. Actually the jubilee bracelets used to be an option on GMTs and DJs. It's been reintroduced on the 39.5 mm DJ41 and now on the SS BLRO. I'd hardly call this brilliant. Many aren't fond of it on larger watches, me for one. I'd call tying a model which in the past had option to a specific bracelet as lame. Call it the Rolex way. Or maybe they're just to poor to invest in the R&D to make both available.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote