The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 April 2018, 01:22 PM   #31
Hank
"TRF" Member

Thanks gentlemen. Each of you make a valid point. To complicate things even more, I now have another option - the WG Daytona on OF ref. 116519LN. It's selling for US 29k. I really like this reference but it's too expensive to add without letting one go. The SS Daytona seems to be the rational answer but it is one of my favorites. Sorry guys, I'm just all over the place.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2018, 02:31 PM   #32
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Thanks! Check out https://carapaz.com/
Thank you Would you mind telling me how soft and flexible the cushions are? I ask because i have small wrists and am worried that the cushions in this roll may be too firm and large for my watch bracelets.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2018, 03:16 PM   #33
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
Thank you Would you mind telling me how soft and flexible the cushions are? I ask because i have small wrists and am worried that the cushions in this roll may be too firm and large for my watch bracelets.
The cushions are soft and flexible. I also have small wrists (circa 6.5") and no issues with my watches.
Old 25 April 2018, 12:08 AM   #34
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks gentlemen. Each of you make a valid point. To complicate things even more, I now have another option - the WG Daytona on OF ref. 116519LN. It's selling for US 29k. I really like this reference but it's too expensive to add without letting one go. The SS Daytona seems to be the rational answer but it is one of my favorites. Sorry guys, I'm just all over the place.
Oh that complicates things, because that model Daytona is one of the best IMO!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 12:40 AM   #35
Ahmadq87
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
You have a nice collection don’t do it
Ahmadq87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 02:04 AM   #36
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Normally, I would default to arguing to keep the AP...however, I had the chance to check out the Blue SkyD at a local grey dealer the other day and it really is a striking watch. I actually would do the trade.
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 03:17 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Normally, I would default to arguing to keep the AP...however, I had the chance to check out the Blue SkyD at a local grey dealer the other day and it really is a striking watch. I actually would do the trade.
im actually thinking of passing on the GMT pepsi and adding the blue sky dweller instead. Its really a nice piece and i hadn't tried it on in a year or even seen one since then so i forgot how nice it really is.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 04:00 AM   #38
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
im actually thinking of passing on the GMT pepsi and adding the blue sky dweller instead. Its really a nice piece and i hadn't tried it on in a year or even seen one since then so i forgot how nice it really is.
Don't do it, your collection is amazing, the SkyD is a trend watch IMO.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 11:03 AM   #39
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How did it wear compared to your ROO? Is it top heavy?
Old 25 April 2018, 12:35 PM   #40
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

The one I saw recently was safely ensconced in its coffin, though I did briefly try one on maybe six months back and it felt absolutely fine. do note that I’m not very sensitive to watch weight or balance - the only piece I’ve had that was noticeable in this regard is the Deep Blue
Old 25 April 2018, 12:42 PM   #41
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I would pick the SkyD every time over the SS Pepsi...it would be a tougher call between it and the original WG BLRO, but even then I’d get the Sky Dweller
Old 25 April 2018, 05:42 PM   #42
Johnnie Peh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 44 SS 44 RG.
Mate.. If you already able to afford your current collections, I don't see why you will ever need to bump off any of your watches to fund for a sky dweller. I believe you can always add one in easily. Keep the ti. You gonna missed it once it's out of your watch roll.
Johnnie Peh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 11:27 AM   #43
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Polar opposite pieces so not really much input I can give!

What’s your reasons for wanting or considering the change?
I have been looking to add a watch with a GMT/dual time function. My top pick is the Patek 5164 but it's very hard to find. I currently have two chronos in my small collection of 4, the other being a ceramic Daytona. I am trying to limit my collection to 4 pieces so I am forced to adhere to the "one in one out" rule.
Old 26 April 2018, 11:32 AM   #44
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
I think you’ll end up missing the AP
The plan is to add a 15202 down the road. My end game for AP.
Old 26 April 2018, 11:34 AM   #45
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
SkyD is a good value for the comp, but prefer the 44Ti
I am dropping by the AD today to try one on. I have the AP on so I will be able to compare them side by side.
Old 26 April 2018, 03:15 PM   #46
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The plan is to add a 15202 down the road. My end game for AP.

That’s a good plan. I have a 15202 and love it. I’m referring more specifically to what I call the “chunkyness” factor of the ROO that you’ll miss
Watcheroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 12:50 AM   #47
Hank
"TRF" Member

Finally tried the Sky Dweller but the TT white dial. It felt pretty good on my wrist compared to the 44 ROO but it didn't sing to me. Instead, my dealer located a Patek 5164 in Hong Kong for quite a premium. Some speculate that the price will still increase but I will be content knowing that it will just hold it's value if I decide to sell it. I've been wanting to add the 5164 for some time now. I have a feeling that it will be a keeper. Sorry for wasting your time but I'm grateful for everyone's input. Will post a wrist shot in roughly ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 April 2018, 08:22 AM   #48
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
If this was 2015 and they didn’t release the steel versions maybe but right now that’s a bad choice

Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 11:39 AM   #49
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Finally tried the Sky Dweller but the TT white dial. It felt pretty good on my wrist compared to the 44 ROO but it didn't sing to me. Instead, my dealer located a Patek 5164 in Hong Kong for quite a premium. Some speculate that the price will still increase but I will be content knowing that it will just hold it's value if I decide to sell it. I've been wanting to add the 5164 for some time now. I have a feeling that it will be a keeper. Sorry for wasting your time but I'm grateful for everyone's input. Will post a wrist shot in roughly ten days.

Hong Kong grey dealers are dangerous places to visit...for your wallet at least. I was in one last week and the dealer had pretty much every “hot” PP, Rolex and AP (though no SS 15202s) you could want - for a price
Old 28 April 2018, 12:40 PM   #50
Hank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hong Kong grey dealers are dangerous places to visit...for your wallet at least. I was in one last week and the dealer had pretty much every “hot” PP, Rolex and AP (though no SS 15202s) you could want - for a price
Sometimes you just gotta pay to play.
Old 28 April 2018, 04:23 PM   #51
Bello_nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Keep the AP
♛ Datejust2 116334 💎💎
Bello_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 04:59 PM   #52
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sometimes you just gotta pay to play.
Agreed. I’m generally content to bide my time, but the grey premium for the SkyD and 15400 blue dials is within the band where I may just give into my impatience.

However, the premiums for the 5726 and 5712 are still at a level where I can resist the siren’s call of an immediate acquisition.
Old 28 April 2018, 06:03 PM   #53
ra77man
"TRF" Member

2 completely different beasts - the only thing they have in common is the dial color and that too changes for both.

I currently own both and am torn between changing by 15400 for the blue chronograph with silver sub dials.
ra77man is offline   Reply With Quote