The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 May 2015, 06:37 PM   #31
Yase

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well you should always fully wind before you start to wear your watch 40 full crown turns clockwise only dont worry you cannot over wind it.Now depending on your wrist activity while wearing most only top up the mainspring to whatever the mainspring had in its power reserve to start with.And when you rest your watch when off wrist rest it in one position only try crown down.At the moment your watch is showing too many variations in the different resting positions if your testing results are accurate.So your watch could need regulation now if your AD has a in-house watchmaker he/she could do it a very simple task to do takes around 30 minutes.But if watch is sent back to a RSC then could take anything from 1-8 weeks before getting watch back.
In the catalogue of my watch it says give 20 full crowns. In Turkey there is no RSC , the closest is in Athens. There is Rolex Certified Watchmaker in here and I talked to him as I mentioned. My concern is I dont want to get my watch opened might be a bit weird but I dont want to Gents is that normal to get a new watch opened?
Yase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2015, 06:39 PM   #32
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yase View Post
I was told that when the reserve is getting higher, the crown is getting harder to turn. Is that wrong?
When the mainspring is fully wound it just slips in the mainspring barrel, so you might feel slight resistance or slight clicking sound this is normal you cannot over-wind it.And yes they state in the instructions 20 crown turns yes that will start the movement but will not fully wind it but wind it clockwise only not back and throe as it only winds on the forward wind.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2015, 06:40 PM   #33
AkshayArgade
"TRF" Member

As padi says, wind your watch 20 to 40 times, there shouldn't be resistance.
maybe the watch is not full wound?
AkshayArgade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2015, 06:43 PM   #34
Yase

I heard about breaking some parts of watches due to over winding thats why I was afraid to wind it but if it is not possible to damage the watch then every morning I will wind it
Old 11 May 2015, 06:45 PM   #35
Yase

I gave it 12 full round I am still afraid And there was no resistance.
Old 11 May 2015, 10:51 PM   #36
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
I heard about breaking some parts of watches due to over winding thats why I was afraid to wind it but if it is not possible to damage the watch then every morning I will wind it
There is no need to wind every morning if worn for 8 hours a day,but if watch has stopped then fully manually wind it first then wear it.And even if worn will do no harm to give it a full wind once a week or so to keep power reserve at peak power, you cannot do any damage if you over-wind.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 11 May 2015, 11:27 PM   #37
Yase

Thank you very much y'all guys
Old 12 May 2015, 12:00 AM   #38
El Cascarrabias
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB
I could not tell any difference in the winding tension when I first wound my watch. It's not a 116000 but I don't think that makes a difference.

My Rolex was about 3 seconds/day fast for the first few weeks. After almost 3 months it has now settled to under a second per day.

I suppose that even that may change over time.

You might consider wearing for another month or two and see what it does.

At the top of the TRF page is the correct time which I find almost exactly spot on using my WiFi carrier. I compare it to WWV by phone.

Great pix BTW! Especially the third one. Well done and welcome to the forums!

Beautiful watch, congratulations!
El Cascarrabias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 01:11 AM   #39
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
I want to share some pictures of my watch. By the way where do you upload your photos and share links? I use imageshack.com
Use Photobucket for my image sharing. Used to use imageshack but they became expensive. I still have some on that site.

Anecdotally, my first 116000 gained 11 sec/day until I had it regulated by RSC then it was close to perfect. It cost my $75 to ship it through the local dealer since I didn't but it through them. My new 116000 is close to perfect but then again I no longer am worried about it since it isn't my first Rolex like the earlier 116000 was. Welcome!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 01:57 AM   #40
Mis3
"TRF" Member

When I purchased my SubC (new) a few months ago, the watch was slow by a few seconds per day. Then it got much better after a month or so and now my watch is off by 2-3 seconds per week.

I usually sync my watch every week with time.is or time.gov.
Mis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 02:42 AM   #41
Jemspeed
"TRF" Member

Me too

My 116000 was running 20-30 seconds per day fast. I've only had it a month and it is already being sent to the RSC. I guess I'll see it in a month or so.
Jemspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 04:07 AM   #42
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
Quote:
I was told that when the reserve is getting higher, the crown is getting harder to turn. Is that wrong?
Incorrect. No noticeably changes in crown pressure for your Rolex. You have a modern Rolex with a clutch mechanism to prevent over winding.
lmcgbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 06:06 PM   #43
Yase

Thank you guys to all of you, I will wait more to see if it decrease, if not I will take it to service and get it regulated

Have a good day

Old 17 May 2015, 01:40 PM   #44
ragingcao
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha talking about?
Just curious. Did you get it resolved?
ragingcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2015, 05:42 PM   #45
Yase

Hi All,

It decreased to +4. I recommend every new watch owner to be patient and wait for 1 month to do the measurement of time keeping.I know it is hard but it's been 1 month and my watch is now in COSC standards.
Old 20 May 2015, 01:05 AM   #46
ragingcao
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha talking about?
Real pleased to hear that. Congrats again and wear it in good health
ragingcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 02:36 AM   #47
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
It is a good lesson learned for all of new watch owners! Congrats.
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 02:47 AM   #48
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Glad it is within specs now...beautiful watch, by the way.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2015, 04:48 PM   #49
Yase

Thank you everyone for good wishes and help
Old 21 May 2015, 05:00 PM   #50
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Thank you everyone for good wishes and help
Only to glad to help you but remember this there are 86400 seconds in a day,plus the escapement of a mechanical watch in 24 hours pushes the gears 432,000 times.So even at the bottom the COSC scale most Rolex will be 99.994% accurate, that's excellent precision for any mechanical watch.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 May 2015, 06:29 PM   #51
shakin_jake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SpeedMaster
Time Check, 3 week old 114060

FWIW, I bought a SubC (114060) early May (new, virgin watch), about 3 weeks ago, set the watch against the atomic clock (time.gov) shortly after receiving it, and wound it fully 40 X's...just checked against the atomic clock and this watch is +2 seconds. I'm really blown away by the accuracy of this Submariner

As to my wearing habits...I'm still in the honey moon phase, IOW, I wear it all the time. I'm still winding my Speedmaster Professional daily but it just isn't getting any wrist time
shakin_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2015, 09:28 PM   #52
Yase

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
FWIW, I bought a SubC (114060) early May (new, virgin watch), about 3 weeks ago, set the watch against the atomic clock (time.gov) shortly after receiving it, and wound it fully 40 X's...just checked against the atomic clock and this watch is +2 seconds. I'm really blown away by the accuracy of this Submariner

As to my wearing habits...I'm still in the honey moon phase, IOW, I wear it all the time. I'm still winding my Speedmaster Professional daily but it just isn't getting any wrist time
WOW that is perfect accuracy congrats ! I dont care if it is i the COSC specs because otherwise I feel crazy My one is +3.14 now.