The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 May 2021, 11:20 PM   #1
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
PAM 061 vs 564

I currently have a 111 and a 510 and either an 061 or a 564 will be my next watch. I understand that in many ways these watches are very similar but I also understand the subtle differences between them and it’s those differences that I find interesting. Based on the movement alone I understand that the 061 is most similar to the 111 and the 564 to the 510. While the ETA movement is the sentimental favorite I have to admit I’ve enjoyed the long running 8 day movement of the 510. And while I thought initially I preferred the simpler three line dial I’ve discovered that I also enjoy the balance of the 8 Days dial. Finally there is a 564 available locally that I could simply walk in and buy and I would have to hunt for an 061 and have it shipped to me so instant gratification is also tugging on my logic.

Although it may seem weird to many having three versions of the same watch appeals to me, a peculiar manifestation of my particular version of OCD. I’m just a little locked up on the third piece of the puzzle. Can anyone offer any insights?

Thank you.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2021, 03:31 PM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The obvious way to differentiate is whether the extra cost of the 564 is worth it to you for the newer watch with 8-day movement.

But, this trio is pretty different and personal. I think only you can answer this one.

Good luck with the choice and it would be cool to see the side-by-side-by-side photo.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2021, 11:29 PM   #3
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Thanks for responding. Cost isn’t a factor in this decision. Yesterday I asked myself if they were both available side by side in a case somewhere and I could see them both and take one home which would I choose. I decided on the 061 because the dial is less busy with three lines vs four and the numbers are slightly smaller. It appears to me to be a more distilled version of a basic Panerai. And it’s older and there’s some inherent charm to that.

I’ll post pics of the trio when I have them. Thanks.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2021, 02:18 AM   #4
Glock2710
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M
It is definitely a tough decision, but I agree with your choice. I would choose the same, there is just something about the older pieces. Good luck on the hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glock2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 04:07 AM   #5
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Good Luck on the search for a 061. My first panerai was a 118 which was very similar aside from the caseback if I am not mistaken.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 02:11 AM   #6
stockae92
"TRF" Member

which 510 and which 564?

you need at least one sandwich dial P5000 44mm luminor. So if your 510 already is sandwich dial, go for the 061. Otherwise, get a 564 sandwich dial. :)
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote