The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 June 2021, 09:32 PM   #121
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Really liked it and Taupe /Green (ish) colourways work really well.......interesting and different but in a good way. The dial is just fantastic and the eopn case back is a joy to look at too.
For those who have tried it: How noticeable is the (supposed) bezel, crystal and case curvature? Haven't seen a good profile shot.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 12:22 AM   #122
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
That AP logo looks like its glued on, very clumsy, not for me. Also don't like the criss-cross that appears on the tap dial now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 12:30 AM   #123
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
That AP logo looks like its glued on, very clumsy, not for me. Also don't like the criss-cross that appears on the tap dial now.
Oh no, why did you point out that logo problem? Now that I see it I can’t unsee it!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 02:34 AM   #124
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think so too, and am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned by more people. The logo looks like a glued on blob and looks extremely cheap and poorly done. On the new Divers, the logo looks great! Why couldn’t they have used the same technique on these 43mm ROOs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 02:56 AM   #125
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
I think so too, and am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned by more people. The logo looks like a glued on blob and looks extremely cheap and poorly done. On the new Divers, the logo looks great! Why couldn’t they have used the same technique on these 43mm ROOs?

I mentioned this day one. The Diver logo usage looks great, but it doesn't look attractive with the logo on that oddly shaped 'island'. Also not keen on the date at 4.30. That all said I'm impatient to see the RG in person, as that may change my mind, but as things stand I think I may prefer the old classic ROO 44.

Does anyone have a side view that shows the case curvature?
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 05:39 AM   #126
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I mentioned this day one. The Diver logo usage looks great, but it doesn't look attractive with the logo on that oddly shaped 'island'. Also not keen on the date at 4.30. That all said I'm impatient to see the RG in person, as that may change my mind, but as things stand I think I may prefer the old classic ROO 44.

I remember you did, and I didn't like losing the Audemars text altogether which is nice and subtly done on the 44, but these macro pics really highlight it.
Old 12 June 2021, 05:55 AM   #127
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
Quote:
I remember you did, and I didn't like losing the Audemars text altogether which is nice and subtly done on the 44, but these macro pics really highlight it.
You can see a little bit of a side view from this video from AP's website.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A600CA.01.html

I think these releases are awesome. Anything to make them fit a little better. I'm big guy but choose a 15710 diver over the 44mm's because the size was better for me. Approaching 50, I was looking to fit a brick on my wrist. And this from a guy whose been wearing Panerai's for well over a decade. I think the live pics shown about are even better than the site photos. I still can't tell if the back is curved at all or if the top and bottom is curved more. But I'm very excited. I have my placeholder for a black dialed variant from a boutique.

Thanks,
Everett
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 06:22 AM   #128
hussain
"TRF" Member

Quote:

https://wristcheck.com/discover/watc...l-oak-offshore
hussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 06:31 AM   #129
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain View Post
Thanks! Maybe there is indeed a slight curvature to bezel, crystal and top of the case - pretty subtle, though:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROO43mmProfile.jpg (99.0 KB, 808 views)
Old 12 June 2021, 07:05 AM   #130
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
Quote:
Thanks, great article!
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 08:10 AM   #131
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I agree regarding the island logo thing. The date doesn’t bother me now that they centered it and pushed it out closer to the edge of the dial.

Old 12 June 2021, 10:45 AM   #132
ks58
Banned

Looks like an awesome set of watches!
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 06:31 PM   #133
balaloo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PAM/PP
Would love to see in person!
balaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 12:29 AM   #134
Jp28
"TRF" Member

My thinking around the 44 vs new 43

Size - 43 should be better fit/comfort
Case shape - seems to be the same as before with no curve on the back so is the same and therefore no impact to comfort. Any improvement will be from the 43 size.
Movement - a positive but not a big point for me
Dial - I think will be better. Will need to see in person.
Pushers - an improvement I think as it make the case shape more compact.
Metals/colours - largely same as before but no pt option
Dial layout - prefer the old one but can probably live with new one
Date position- really dislike new position but can probably live with new one
Logo - a blob. Not good at all. Previous applied logo much, much better
Strap - new quick change is good but will limit non OEM so is mixed
Price - yet another increase...
Availability - let’s wait and see

In summary, no real reason to move to the new version (never mind the financial margin difference). May do over time though.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 01:27 AM   #135
ATO
"TRF" Member

Do we know the price for the ROO Chrono yet ?

I get that the Diver has a price increase for sure.
ATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 02:50 AM   #136
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATO View Post
Do we know the price for the ROO Chrono yet ?

I get that the Diver has a price increase for sure.
Grey Ti/CE bezel in 43mm is 280000 HKD/$37.5k US vs 44mm for 271000 HKD/$36.2k US.

3.5% is pretty modest for AP standards.
Old 13 June 2021, 09:02 AM   #137
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
For those who have tried it: How noticeable is the (supposed) bezel, crystal and case curvature? Haven't seen a good profile shot.
Well, it’s more curved and comfy than any of my prior ROO’s for sure. And the strap seems curve more as a result of the case curvature too….but in a good way.

Liked it a lot I must say.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 06:44 PM   #138
ATO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Grey Ti/CE bezel in 43mm is 280000 HKD/$37.5k US vs 44mm for 271000 HKD/$36.2k US.

3.5% is pretty modest for AP standards.
Thanks for the info !

Really that's a relatively calm pricing compare to the Diver's increase.
ATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 08:27 PM   #139
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nice comparison pics. 1mm size doesn't look like much difference, they probably should have gone 42mm to really capture those with under 7 inch wrists. The black dial hides the logo island and criss-cross patterning the best, the macro of the blue dial has the criss-crosses so prominent the dial looks like kisses on a text screen.
Old 14 June 2021, 11:15 PM   #140
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

these look fantastic
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 11:56 PM   #141
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice comparison pics. 1mm size doesn't look like much difference, they probably should have gone 42mm to really capture those with under 7 inch wrists. The black dial hides the logo island and criss-cross patterning the best, the macro of the blue dial has the criss-crosses so prominent the dial looks like kisses on a text screen.
I agree. They should have gotten rid of the 44 and 42 line as they stand, and then replaced both with this as a 42.

I'm not sure what is the point of a 43. Then they should have offered ROOs with and without the ceramic bezel. Would have been way simpler.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 11:58 PM   #142
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
I agree. They should have gotten rid of the 44 and 42 line as they stand, and then replaced both with this as a 42.

I'm not sure what is the point of a 43. Then they should have offered ROOs with and without the ceramic bezel. Would have been way simpler.
Could be that they go down to 42 a decade later just so you have a reason to buy another ROO! Easy to move from slight imperfection to slight imperfection rather than perfect to imperfect for customer retention. (As you mentioned before with 911’s front and back).
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 06:04 AM   #143
watchloversg
"TRF" Member

Anyone else seen any of these 43mm collected by customers yet?

I tried it on 2 days ago, deposited yesterday, and was told to come to boutique to pick it up today.

Chose the taupe one, and excited to see any other pieces in the wild.

Was told I can collect it tomorow, but I can make it only on weekend, so will update soon
watchloversg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 09:19 AM   #144
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchloversg View Post
Anyone else seen any of these 43mm collected by customers yet?

I tried it on 2 days ago, deposited yesterday, and was told to come to boutique to pick it up today.

Chose the taupe one, and excited to see any other pieces in the wild.

Was told I can collect it tomorow, but I can make it only on weekend, so will update soon

Congrats! I’ve seen some IG incomings but am still waiting on a call myself. I put down a deposit for the RG last week
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 11:19 AM   #145
Kilometerman
"TRF" Member

So, I was lucky enough to receive this watch last week. And I have to say it was a huge upside surprise.

I love the size. My 44 fits me ok, but it feels big. I have a couple of 42 ROO and I love them, but they seem to tall for the width. This is a perfect blend between the two. The proportions of seem to be better, and I feel it fits me really well.

The dial is downright amazing on this one. The smoked taupe is very dynamic depending on lighting. In some conditions it just glows! I am surprised at how bright the white gold markers are. Pictures don’t do this justice. I could do without the date, but it’s so unobtrusive on this dial, I don’t mind at all.

The new strap quick disconnect is pretty cool. I am a little nervous about it not being as secure, but that’s probably just me being paranoid. The taupe color doesn’t lend itself to a lot of strap options, but I really like changing straps a lot, so this is a big plus long term for the whole lineup.

I realize this is a minor detail, but I really like the new buckle. The ends are beveled ever so slightly. I used to notice the sharp edges on the buckle, but those are gone. It still looks beefy and masculine, but this is a better design.

Some pics!

See what I mean about the dial?

The new buckle.
Kilometerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 11:31 AM   #146
chaucer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilometerman View Post
So, I was lucky enough to receive this watch last week. And I have to say it was a huge upside surprise.

I love the size. My 44 fits me ok, but it feels big. I have a couple of 42 ROO and I love them, but they seem to tall for the width. This is a perfect blend between the two. The proportions of seem to be better, and I feel it fits me really well.

The dial is downright amazing on this one. The smoked taupe is very dynamic depending on lighting. In some conditions it just glows! I am surprised at how bright the white gold markers are. Pictures don’t do this justice. I could do without the date, but it’s so unobtrusive on this dial, I don’t mind at all.

The new strap quick disconnect is pretty cool. I am a little nervous about it not being as secure, but that’s probably just me being paranoid. The taupe color doesn’t lend itself to a lot of strap options, but I really like changing straps a lot, so this is a big plus long term for the whole lineup.

I realize this is a minor detail, but I really like the new buckle. The ends are beveled ever so slightly. I used to notice the sharp edges on the buckle, but those are gone. It still looks beefy and masculine, but this is a better design.

Some pics!

The new buckle.
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Congrats!
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 01:46 PM   #147
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Congrats!

Old 16 June 2021, 02:36 PM   #148
mwc5k
"TRF" Member

It looks amazing.
mwc5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 02:54 PM   #149
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Some pics!
Congrats!!!
Beautiful dial
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 04:24 PM   #150
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Some pics!

The new buckle.

Congrats. That new dial looks incredible and the entire watch looks so balanced. Think they really hit it out of the park with these
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote