The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 September 2020, 12:34 AM   #61
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I love all my watches and up until January this year rotated and wore them equally. Then I got this.

It's not that I don't still love all my watches, or that they don't all get a turn, it's just that I can't seem to avoid wanting to go straight to the Sky Dweller.

When I visited my AD in June, I discovered a cure. Or is it merely an alternative illness?

i wish i always had "that feeling". probably really only had it a few times. do like to admire my watches even when i'm not wearing them though (which is most of the time).
probably comes down to a handful of things, like how hard you had to work to get it, how much you're researched and love the watch, how long you had to wait, your perspective on owning a piece of metal in general, etc etc.
so if you do have that feeling i would say be grateful and enjoy it while you can
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 12:37 AM   #62
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drunmond View Post
I keep a dashboard on Chrono 24 with the watches in my collection, plus all the ones i am seriously considering. For me to buy a watch it has to stay on my dashboard for a year straight. If after a year, i still want it, and like looking at it everyday on the dashboard, then i buy it.

This system hasn't let me down yet. I do the same with cars. If only i had done that with women ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I don’t like to sell generally and I don’t need the money for anything else just as of yet. BUT my next model is going to be a patek.
i'm with you 100% here
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 01:15 AM   #63
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
Anyone get this feeling sometimes but not others with the same watch. Some days I’m loving it others I’m thinking what I could trade it with.
I think this is normal, at least for me as well. I used to get "that feeling" all the time in the beginning when I first got into Rolex but eventually that wore off. They still put a smile on my face and I still admire them but just not as much as I did during the honeymoon phase.

What I found that helps with this is if you feel like you're bored of a watch, put it away for a while and then dig it up again in a few weeks/months. That feeling should come back again. If not, then it may be time to sell.
Old 25 September 2020, 01:32 AM   #64
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
In my opinion, yes. If you don’t have that feeling sell it. Unless it is a less expensive dress watch you only wear on occasion and needed for very conservative situations.
Old 25 September 2020, 01:59 AM   #65
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
I always get the feeling that my wallet is much lighter after getting a new watch
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:06 AM   #66
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Honestly, if you spend thousands of dollars on something and it doesn’t bring you some sort of enjoyment then what is the point of owning it? I’m not saying money brings happiness; however, there are a ton of other things you could spend the money that would entertain a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:09 AM   #67
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Trying to pin down what 'that feeling' actually is is part of the fun!
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 03:11 AM   #68
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
Trying to pin down what 'that feeling' actually is is part of the fun!
And the expense lol.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 04:08 AM   #69
Breizh
"TRF" Member

The one that gets me “that feeling”
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8D54D38B-5A33-4825-8154-03548F0CC70E.jpeg (206.9 KB, 31 views)
Breizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 04:19 AM   #70
The Kermit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub16610LV /OP/GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
The special feeling is different to each of us and I do remember what you are talking about. I have been in the watch game for 30 years and while I still get the rush of a new purchase I do not see the watches the same way I did back in the day. It is more about wear and fit than bang for me now. I can also reasonably buy anything I want, when I want and never miss a beat. This takes the hunt part out of it and I do not mind buying from our Trusted Sellers at the going rates for a watch I want. This also negates the AD BS and makes me happy not to have to deal with that. For those that still have the feeling, enjoy it. For those of us that do not, then it becomes all about the watches.
Fantastic trio
Old 25 September 2020, 06:57 AM   #71
TTalk
Banned

I've owned a dozen very nice watches, and a lot of other watches.

My 'that feeling' watches were the YG President & multiple iterations of the Submariner. The highest end brands were all a letdown for me and sold within months of purchase.

Rolex does it for me, especially the Submariner... it just took me a long time and 40+ other watches to figure that out.
TTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 07:04 AM   #72
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTalk View Post
I've owned a dozen very nice watches, and a lot of other watches.

My 'that feeling' watches were the YG President & multiple iterations of the Submariner. The highest end brands were all a letdown for me and sold within months of purchase.

Rolex does it for me, especially the Submariner... it just took me a long time and 40+ other watches to figure that out.
I’ve also done quite a full circle similar to you and a submariner, being one of the cheaper Rolexes also gives me that feeling of a just a real quality watch. And the day date of course :)
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 09:17 AM   #73
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

i wont buy a watch that doesn't give me that feeling.
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote