The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 11 July 2018, 02:44 AM   #31
gaoxing84
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
how is it lazy?

1) Vintage omega applied logo
2) Red colored speedmaster line
3) Step-dial
4) Dot over 90 bezel
5) special 9oclock sub dial hands
6) ultraman logo on 9 oclock sub dial lume (got to admit its abit lol)
7) 3 mins red colored meter on 3oclock sub dial
8) presentation box well done, better than the original ST

only problem, at such a high price, bracelet wasn't given. tsk

but definitely not a lazy LE

i put it on the same catergory as the silver award snoopy.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 02:48 AM   #32
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

I can see why people say it's a lazy LE, it's just a colored second hand, etc... but you have to understand that the original Ultraman Speedies are like unicorns to Speedmaster collectors. I think it's pretty cool, and appropriate for a #speedytuesday edition.

That being said, a $7000+ Speedmaster isn't for me. I paid $2500 for my 3570.50 and I even got a bracelet with it.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 02:49 AM   #33
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Kind of disappointing - went on at 6:02, got through all of reservation process until last button to click “confirm” and it wouldn’t work. At 6:36 get the second email from omega with link to click on and after 10 tried finally got to the web page (first 9 it said site down for maintenance) and clicked to reserve but all numbers already allocated.

So much for omega’s email many months ago to those of us who didn’t reserve in time the first Speedy Tuesday- the email suggested we would get first dibs.

Funny part is I’m pretty underwhelmed by the ultra man reissue , but just pissed off at omega’s process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Exactly same situation here and also I am underwhelmed by this one.

Huge bust for me as well. I even got my desired number only to have it disappear because of the busted "confirmation button." Refresh 2 others times got in again, but unable to complete the confirmation again.

Have always been an Omega fan owning several Speedy's including getting last year's watch too. Very disappointing to say the least. I'll stick with Rolex from now on
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 02:55 AM   #34
evlkoala
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post

That being said, a $7000+ Speedmaster isn't for me. I paid $2500 for my 3570.50 and I even got a bracelet with it.
Agreed 1000%.

I grew up with Ultraman, huge fan, but for $7k isn't for me either.
evlkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 03:01 AM   #35
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEIRMOOR View Post
Iphone failed to reserve but MacBook worked. I'm In!
My phone failed as well but fortunately enough I had my laptop to get the job done right

David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 03:40 AM   #36
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoxing84 View Post
how is it lazy?

1) Vintage omega applied logo
2) Red colored speedmaster line
3) Step-dial
4) Dot over 90 bezel
5) special 9oclock sub dial hands
6) ultraman logo on 9 oclock sub dial lume (got to admit its abit lol)
7) 3 mins red colored meter on 3oclock sub dial
8) presentation box well done, better than the original ST

only problem, at such a high price, bracelet wasn't given. tsk

but definitely not a lazy LE

i put it on the same catergory as the silver award snoopy.

I respect your opinion.

Time will tell if reaches the heights of the Snoopy, I don’t think so, the historical significance of the Apollo 13 mission and Ultraman are just not in the same league.

Plus, the snoopy looks really different from a regular speedy and the case back is out of this world.

Having said that, had I been able to get a reservation I would have bought it. I just have a soft spot for speedmasters, even if I can never hang on to them.
Old 11 July 2018, 04:21 AM   #37
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Growing up in Taiwan, Ultraman was the coolest thing for me as a 5-6 year old. Absolutely love this release and a home run
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 04:57 AM   #38
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Growing up in Taiwan, Ultraman was the coolest thing for me as a 5-6 year old. Absolutely love this release and a home run
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 07:05 AM   #39
Passinthru
2024 Pledge Member

Never was into Ultraman. But if they want $7100 for this watch without a metal band what could they possibly ask for an Apollo 11, 50th year anniversary.
Also, I was up at 4:00 AM this morning. The Ultraman email came in at 03:30.
I checked out of interest and they were all reserved. What will I have to do to get a 50th anniversary Apollo 11.....sit at my computer for the next year and check my emails every 5 minutes?
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 07:22 AM   #40
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
Never was into Ultraman. But if they want $7100 for this watch without a metal band what could they possibly ask for an Apollo 11, 50th year anniversary.
Also, I was up at 4:00 AM this morning. The Ultraman email came in at 03:30.
I checked out of interest and they were all reserved. What will I have to do to get a 50th anniversary Apollo 11.....sit at my computer for the next year and check my emails every 5 minutes?
I honestly don't think they'll go nuts on the pricing for that watch.....it'll be priced in line. Speedy Tuesday is the only online order Omega limited edition that has this kind of purchasing format so as long as you have an open relationship/communication channel with your boutique/AD.....chances are you will get one without much issues if you order the 1st couple days it's announced.

And quite honestly, I think $7100 for this watch versus a $6500 for the CK2998 for example is far more worth it in terms of packaging and what's included....it's just if you're a fan or not....which is personal.

I'm not 100% a fan of this watch personally but I will say for sure they did far more things right than wrong on this in my eyes. Stepped dial, DON, packaging, orange accents, classic Omega raised logo......these are all VERY cool to me.
Old 11 July 2018, 07:51 AM   #41
Passinthru
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
I honestly don't think they'll go nuts on the pricing for that watch.....it'll be priced in line. Speedy Tuesday is the only online order Omega limited edition that has this kind of purchasing format so as long as you have an open relationship/communication channel with your boutique/AD.....chances are you will get one without much issues if you order the 1st couple days it's announced.

And quite honestly, I think $7100 for this watch versus a $6500 for the CK2998 for example is far more worth it in terms of packaging and what's included....it's just if you're a fan or not....which is personal.

I'm not 100% a fan of this watch personally but I will say for sure they did far more things right than wrong on this in my eyes. Stepped dial, DON, packaging, orange accents, classic Omega raised logo......these are all VERY cool to me.
Sensui,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful answer.
I have my name in at 2 boutiques for the 50th anniversary.
The last boutique I went to said thy weren't notified about the last special edition until after Omega was all sold out.
And to be honest, I am not familiar with the relationship between Speedy Tuesday and Omega, and Omega boutiques and Omega. The email I got this morning was from Omega, but reservations for the watch were to be made through Speedy Tuesday. I don't understand.
I have a 105.012-65 and want a 50th anniversary to go with it.
Also, coincidence you just happen to be the one to answer my post as I am in San Diego on vacation.
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 08:06 AM   #42
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
Sensui,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful answer.
I have my name in at 2 boutiques for the 50th anniversary.
The last boutique I went to said thy weren't notified about the last special edition until after Omega was all sold out.
And to be honest, I am not familiar with the relationship between Speedy Tuesday and Omega, and Omega boutiques and Omega. The email I got this morning was from Omega, but reservations for the watch were to be made through Speedy Tuesday. I don't understand.
I have a 105.012-65 and want a 50th anniversary to go with it.
Also, coincidence you just happen to be the one to answer my post as I am in San Diego on vacation.

Not sure which boutique you talked to....but the only thing in recent memory that was truly "sold out" and totally had demand outstrip supply was the Apollo 13 45th with Snoopy. And even that one you had a couple days if you had a relationship with the AD/boutique to put your name down shortly after Basel.

I happen to have a relationship with boutiques by now where they "leak' information to for their privileged customers....but before that I had to build the relationship and just kept up with watch news and didn't seem to have much of a problem. I might get to know things sooner these days but I haven't come across any information that weren't leaked in one way or another online prior to release.....so my suggestion is to keep reading the forums with some regularity to be kept up to date.

The Speedy Tuesday is an online moniker/regular article regarding Speedmasters used by Fratello (watch blog website basically) that has become popular with Speedmaster fans. Robert Jan there along with Fratello convinced Omega to take on this theme and by now it looks like an another occasion to create a special edition. I think the cool part is that guys like Robert Jan from Fratello KNOW what Speedmaster fans clamor for historically....that's why these watches have a lot of these elements to appeal to Speedmaster fans that appreciate these details. The website is just a website Omega created to take orders for the Speedy Tuesday....they're in full control of production and distribution of these watches.

That's damn awesome of a vintage Speedy you got there, definitely a keeper. Enjoy San Diego while you're here.....I'm happy the weather (though a bit more humid) has cooled down compared to the weekend we just had.
Old 11 July 2018, 09:42 AM   #43
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
I really like it, however I'm kind of glad all stock was allocated by the time I got to it as it would have been an impulse purchase...
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 09:49 AM   #44
HobokenRolex
2024 Pledge Member

I think it's pretty well done...maybe a bit much with so much red/orange, but very nice touches with the DON bezel, applied logo, step dial, etc. But I'm happy with my regular Speedy (with a bracelet) that cost less than half the price.
HobokenRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 10:30 AM   #45
4vCoupe
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Not sure which boutique you talked to....but the only thing in recent memory that was truly "sold out" and totally had demand outstrip supply was the Apollo 13 45th with Snoopy. And even that one you had a couple days if you had a relationship with the AD/boutique to put your name down shortly after Basel.

I happen to have a relationship with boutiques by now where they "leak' information to for their privileged customers....but before that I had to build the relationship and just kept up with watch news and didn't seem to have much of a problem. I might get to know things sooner these days but I haven't come across any information that weren't leaked in one way or another online prior to release.....so my suggestion is to keep reading the forums with some regularity to be kept up to date.

The Speedy Tuesday is an online moniker/regular article regarding Speedmasters used by Fratello (watch blog website basically) that has become popular with Speedmaster fans. Robert Jan there along with Fratello convinced Omega to take on this theme and by now it looks like an another occasion to create a special edition. I think the cool part is that guys like Robert Jan from Fratello KNOW what Speedmaster fans clamor for historically....that's why these watches have a lot of these elements to appeal to Speedmaster fans that appreciate these details. The website is just a website Omega created to take orders for the Speedy Tuesday....they're in full control of production and distribution of these watches.

That's damn awesome of a vintage Speedy you got there, definitely a keeper. Enjoy San Diego while you're here.....I'm happy the weather (though a bit more humid) has cooled down compared to the weekend we just had.

My boutique called me last night to give me the heads up on release timing since I was on the waitlist for the first speedy Tuesday release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4vCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 11:03 AM   #46
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vCoupe View Post
My boutique called me last night to give me the heads up on release timing since I was on the waitlist for the first speedy Tuesday release.
Well that was pretty cool of them I spoke to my AD after the fact and they had no clue an ST2 would be released, period...

As for me...
...12:20 CET and same site issues as some here reported. Now I'm chilled but at 12:20 when I was calmly filling out the Customer Info page, shortly afterwards pressing the confirmation button and getting ... NO reaction from the browser whatsoever, I have to admit I freaked
But, that's the way it goes, I guess - not meant to be.

In comparison to ST1's launch, there were enough hints I suppose on all platforms (Forums, IG, FB Groups...). I also received a heads up email from Omega at 06:00 CET which I thought was a nice move, probably geared to give the West Coast a fighting chance this time around.
Finally, the move to "waiting list" was seemless this time around and my guess is that Omega wanted to avoid us having to press refresh for like what, 36hrs (which is roughly when they released a waiting list last time around). The moment I saw that (<13:00 CET) I put myself on it and went about my business

In any event, congrats to all that secured a reservation

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 11:57 AM   #47
josephvman
Banned

I was waitlisted for the first Speed Tuesday, and later received an email indicating that there would be something new coming that I would have an opportunity to get. I was under the impression that this meant some sort of right of first refusal for the next LE, but obviously that wasn't the case. This system of blasting emails and rewarding those who just happen to live in the right timezone and check their emails early or just have fast internet service is absurd. Omega would be better served by letting their AD's develop relationships with clients and giving the best ones a shot at the LE pieces. I wouldn't be one of those clients either, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was a loyal Omega guy who did a lot of business with my AD and didn't have a chance to get the original Speed Tuesday or this new one (as contrived as it may be). If I'm missing something here please feel free to fill me in.
josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 12:20 PM   #48
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
I wanted this one but I was working until 8:45 AM today. I put in for the wait list, probably futile, but ya never know. Love the Ultraman look. Plus it’s 42mm, my sweet spot. I also like how the Ultraman logo is only visible under black light.

My one issue is the non-luminous chrono hand, but I could overlook that. I usually insist on a date window too but I’m willing to accept the retro/original look for this. I can get behind no date and manual wind in this one case.

Alas, it’s not to be. We shall see what kind of price at which it settles on the resale market after the initial craziness abates.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:13 PM   #49
G'ed
"TRF" Member

Easiest $10mil+ ever made by Omega and sadly consumers/flippers are fueling them. I have a Speedy, nice watch but no way I will pay more than $3k for it, especially without bracelet.
G'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:26 PM   #50
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
I like the way they did it, I got the email but I was in a meeting at work and when I tried, they were all gone. Not too disappointed though, I am not a big fan of the orange second hand or the dial. This does however point to a special 50th next year.

When the 57 Speedmaster (trilogy) was announced I HAD to have one, but as time went on I got less and less enthusiastic due to Omegas shocking delivery periods. Lets hope they have sorted the delivery and information sharing part out this time.
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:53 PM   #51
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
I was waitlisted for the first Speed Tuesday, and later received an email indicating that there would be something new coming that I would have an opportunity to get. I was under the impression that this meant some sort of right of first refusal for the next LE, but obviously that wasn't the case. ... Omega would be better served by letting their AD's develop relationships with clients and giving the best ones a shot at the LE pieces. I wouldn't be one of those clients either, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was a loyal Omega guy who did a lot of business with my AD and didn't have a chance to get the original Speed Tuesday or this new one (as contrived as it may be). If I'm missing something here please feel free to fill me in.
I agree with your first point - they could had a "pre-launch" and sent out an email, with link to the (open) reservation site, 24hrs before the formal launch. The online app could have a DB with all the names of those on the waiting list just to confirm, etc.
However, there were easily more than 2012 on the list (I think it was like 15000 ...?) meaning there would be none left for the official launch... . Okay, they could have limited it to half the lot, who knows.

As for your second point - I have to disagree there. This is a LE representing the ONLINE community formed around Fratello Watches and the #SpeedyTuesday hash tag. What would annoy me is if some VIP customer were to get one (because he/she likes orange, for example) but never heard of Fratello Watches or "speedy tuesday", let alone any idea of the original Ultraman model...
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 11:07 PM   #52
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Kind of disappointing - went on at 6:02, got through all of reservation process until last button to click “confirm” and it wouldn’t work. At 6:36 get the second email from omega with link to click on and after 10 tried finally got to the web page (first 9 it said site down for maintenance) and clicked to reserve but all numbers already allocated.

So much for omega’s email many months ago to those of us who didn’t reserve in time the first Speedy Tuesday- the email suggested we would get first dibs.

Funny part is I’m pretty underwhelmed by the ultra man reissue , but just pissed off at omega’s process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly! Just shot an email to Omega bringing this to their attention. Front of the line? That was some BS - I got the same email as everyone else and no advance opportunity to get in on this.
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 05:20 AM   #53
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
It’s a decent watch although a bit too cute(gimmicks) to be seen as a serious watch. Buy a TinTin as there are only around 1500 in circulation and has a great story plus a bracelet.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 06:17 AM   #54
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
This one went FAST!

Price aside I personally like the watch but then again I have a thing for orange.
I think the bracelet should have been included at that price point - like the anniversary model.

I'm surprised that these went as fast as they did. Heard from the Boutique they would be released in the AM - was online at 6:15am and gone.

I'll admit it - I was able to get a number of Speedy Tuesday's last year through their reservation system. Was hoping to be able to snag a few this year as well but no luck.
Old 12 July 2018, 08:27 AM   #55
steversaurus
"TRF" Member

Was not expecting DON90 to be back.
steversaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 01:19 AM   #56
unknown
"TRF" Member

Nice and I'll buy it
Old 27 September 2018, 06:06 AM   #57
Skipper_S
"TRF" Member

ultraman

I missed out too :(

Next time I have to set the alarm earlier..
Skipper_S is offline   Reply With Quote