The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 September 2019, 04:19 AM   #1
MickyRocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
What Rolex would you buy if you could buy only 5 of them?

Hi guys ,

I just want to know what models are popular among Rolex lovers in this forum. Its interesting to see Rolex taste being maybe slightly different all around the world and even though there are ppl across all continents I guess there is small dominance of ppl from N. America. From my observation ppl from N. America for example favours more Batman then Pepsi while ppl in Europe don't like them that much given the fact they have not such a history as Pepsi have. They also like TT and full gold models more. Those are just my observation I might be completely wrong or there might be some statistic deviation. At the end of the day ppl just grab any SS sport model if its available for MSRP.

So as the thread name suggests - what 5 models would you buy? No resale or money making point of view. Only pure passion for watches. Imagine you can buy only 5 Rolexes. Do not take waiting lists into consideration and give me please 5 models of your most favorite watches with specification regarding material, bezel, dial, bracelet etc. Also preferably please avoid those "5 Daytonas pls" replies LOL.

Would you go as fancy and expensive as possible? Or would you go classic and simple?

Mine TOP 5 list would be:

SS Submarine - classic black dial, more universal than Hulk if I don't care about its hype and resale value

SS Daytona -black dial or inverted panda even better

SS GMT-II Pepsi - I am probably minority there but I like my Jubilee bracelet more than Oyster

YG Day-Date 41mm - champagne or green dial, to be honest I like almost all dials there and its almost a coin flip

TT Sky Dweller - champagne dial, I like full gold model maybe slightly more but If I would be buying only 5 models I would like to have some variety and have TT also in my collection, for me its actually stunning piece even though its very new so it does not have such history as others pieces and its unusual for Rolex to manufacture such complicated piece

BTW all SS models I mentioned are new ceramic variations. I have not yet developed taste for vintage pieces, I don't have required knowledge needed to choose right piece. Also SS is my usual choice as I am relatively kinda young (30) and don't feel much serious with gold watches. I don't mind having watches looking less expensive then they actually are. Some ppl like the opposite. Also I don't need much attention, primarily I want to satisfy myself rather then being show-off.

Looking forward your replies guys. Have a nice day
MickyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote