The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 August 2019, 05:26 PM   #31
hnlee
"TRF" Member

Singapore AD has no lovely items for you especially sports, no hope. Retails shops are heavens as long as you raise your budget from the original.
I would go for Chinatown (which is less popular for tourists), and Orchard I only found that ION AD is the one you should look at even tough they are also not too much to look but higher change to get some good Rolexes especially DJ.
Unless you wanna find 500K watches and up...mostly they have it.
hnlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 05:33 PM   #32
mrporter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
Singapore nabs sixth top Swiss watch export destination in July

https://sbr.com.sg/retail/news/singa...nation-in-july

Wonder where all these watches went to and yet we're unable to find any SS in the ADs...

Good one. How many VIPs need new watch anyway lol. I still prefer if we can order and maybe pay deposit to show that we’re serious buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 September 2019, 07:22 PM   #33
kaiei
"TRF" Member

Singapore's also been suffering from the mens Rolex sports model drought. You might see a OP39 at the Marina Bay Sands Rolex store (Basement 1) or Marina Square (Level 2), but you can forget about picking up a Submariner or GMT at any Rolex AD here.
kaiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 10:28 PM   #34
Sam3641
"TRF" Member

Singapore's availability and prices

Any suggestions on which AD to approach in SG to find a YG DD40 at a discounted price?

Sam3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:57 AM   #35
nolan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam3641 View Post
Any suggestions on which AD to approach in SG to find a YG DD40 at a discounted price?

I am not sure about any discounts but you can check it out.

You could explore Orchard Road and there are a few ADs at Tang Plaza, ION Orchard, Wisma Atria, Lucky Plaza, Ngee Ann City, Paragon, Malmaison.
nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2019, 03:12 AM   #36
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
GO to Roy Edwards, an AD down the street from the Rolex Service Center. Great people, good prices, and a safe full of availability. As of last week.
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 11:41 AM   #37
singaporepatek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyALS View Post
Hello TRF,

I've done some research about Singapore's availability and prices but I wish to confirm with people that are more informed than I am.

I'm personally not sure about Singapore's AD availability as I've never looked at it myself. But I've looked at forums, second hand Rolex & Lange's prices in Singapore, but they have shown to be even higher in prices as compared to Japan.

Can anyone confirm with what I've found is correct? Have already planned to visit as many ADs along Orchard Road, but would anyone recommend any good places that I should pay visit to while I go Singapore other than Far East Plaza for second hand watches?

You will not have luck in Singapore. There is a big concentration of wealth and very few AD. This means long waits and most AD won’t even put you on list unless you live here.
singaporepatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2019, 11:20 AM   #38
rallyx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Holly's Lady DJ
You're in luck! You will find may desirable Rolex pieces on the shelves of ADs in Orchard Road, Marina Bay Sands, Raffles City, Changi Airport Terminal 3 etc. for display only. Excellent if you wanna try them on for size, if they let you.

Your best bet is to walk into the Rolex boutique at Changi Terminal 3 immediately upon arrival and check if they have any pieces you are interested in. If you arrive at the same time as their stock delivery, buy it on the spot. If you don't the traveler standing behind you will. It's first in best dressed. If Santa is kind to you, you might score a steel Daytona. Do the same upon your departure. Be aware, they also have desirable pieces 'for display only'. Don't get confused with availability that's displayed separately.

Enjoy your holiday and the food.
Old 19 December 2019, 01:17 PM   #39
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Oh the irony. The only grey market Rolex I ever bought was an early DSSD circa 2008 I think. They were hard to come by at dealers, got one at discount from a Florida based seller. Warranty card was stamped by a Singapore dealer.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote