The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12 April 2024, 07:33 AM   #31
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Ibtl
Old 12 April 2024, 07:43 AM   #32
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Ibtl
Hope so, should have never been a thread in the first place.
Old 12 April 2024, 07:44 AM   #33
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Hope so, should have never been a thread in the first place.

How so?

It isn't anything more than news.
Would you censor any thoughts that fit the rules but not your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 12 April 2024, 08:06 AM   #34
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
I only drink grape juice because OJ kills.
Old 12 April 2024, 09:18 AM   #35
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
Whatever OJ did in his lifetime is between him and his creator.

A bit tactless speaking ill of him at this point.

In this camp.
Old 12 April 2024, 09:37 AM   #36
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:

RIP
LOL, Really? Please, I'm relatively sure what he did affected a lot of other people, not just him and his creator. There's a seat at the table of hell waiting for him right now. And for the record, I'm consistent with what I've said about him before and after his death. Was "Tackless" the word to describe the murdering of innocent people and then smiling about it after he got off? F him. If you've never been the victim or a horrendous crime or family members who have gone through it, you will never, ever know.
Old 12 April 2024, 09:43 AM   #37
4 Aussies

Watch: Blue Sky
Quote:

RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
In this camp.
I'm not!! O.J., you've made your bed, now lie in it!!
Old 12 April 2024, 09:53 AM   #38
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
I'm just curious on how many people you have to kill to not be described as "tackless" followed by a "RIP" afterwards? Is it OJ level? Ted Bundy? Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, Stallin, Putin? Just like to know for future reference. TIA
Old 12 April 2024, 09:55 AM   #39
rmagoo57

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Quote:

RIP
Speaking ill will of the ugly ass murderer is the Christian thing to do.
He damn near sliced Nicole’s head off.
Old 12 April 2024, 10:51 AM   #40
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleg View Post
The prosecution was inept…
This…
Old 12 April 2024, 12:08 PM   #41
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
I'm just curious on how many people you have to kill to not be described as "tackless" followed by a "RIP" afterwards? Is it OJ level? Ted Bundy? Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, Stallin, Putin? Just like to know for future reference. TIA
Well said

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 12 April 2024, 12:24 PM   #42
4 Aussies

Watch: Blue Sky
Quote:
Brilliant!! I was kinda wondering that too.
Old 12 April 2024, 01:37 PM   #43
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

RIP
This
Old 12 April 2024, 01:45 PM   #44
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY.. View Post
This…
Spoke to numerous homicide investigators and they dropped the ball.. And judges didnt allow a lot of evidence in!
Old 12 April 2024, 02:12 PM   #45
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Guilty as hell!

I have to honest though…I’m old enough to remember watching him on TV. He might not have the stats to back it up, but he was the most impressive and dominating running bank I ever saw play in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He really was an impressive runner. Equal parts power and speed. I was a fan back in his Buffalo days. Appointment TV when he was on.
Old 12 April 2024, 02:37 PM   #46
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
Spoke to numerous homicide investigators and they dropped the ball.. And judges didnt allow a lot of evidence in!
I supervised him as a CO when he was serving his stint for the memorabilia robbery. I have zero doubts.
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Old 12 April 2024, 07:24 PM   #47
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Good riddance to him, and sympathies for the victims’ families.
Old 12 April 2024, 08:00 PM   #48
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Reminds me of the young child walking through the cemetery reading the head stones and he asks his dad where are all the bad people buried.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 12 April 2024, 08:12 PM   #49
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I genuinely hope all of them are resting peacefully. With the exception of Putin as he's still here. Not to say I didn't have a morbid curiosity surrounding some of them. I thought Bin Ladens Burial at sea was fitting so his burial site wasn't turned into a shrine. I watched Husseins execution from that grainy cell phone video, I saw Gaddafi get stabbed to death. I didn't wish ill on them though, I just was curious what people truely saw as justice.

None of it seemed fitting to the extent of their brutality if I were being honest though. The worst torture couldn't make up for a lifetime of terror. Their suffering was ended in moments. Do they deserve an eternity of suffering? Maybe, that isn't for me to judge. And given I'm not qualified to make such judgements, I wish them the best. If worse is to come, that's on them.

What difference would OJ being found guilty make in the grand scheme of things? He probably would've done 10 years given his level of defense even if found guilty.

if you want to go down the route of political leaders being held accountable, there were historically worse whose bloodlines reach far and wide to this modern day, and I wish them all well in their afterlife while being grateful I wasn't alive to experience their atrocities on mankind.

The US military killed between 280,000-310,000 civilians in the Iraqi conflict alone. That's genocide cloaked by war. If I were to devote my energy towards a cause, its going to be one thats actionable, and people can be held accountable.

Would I use OJ as an example of a model citizen? No. Did he have some issues? Seems like it. Is there anything he can do to change it now? No.

How does having contempt for the dead serve me and my higher purpose?

It doesn't, so I don't waste energy on it. Evil exists, the world isn't perfect. We all have skeletons in our closet, OJs might've been real. I just don't see his story worthy of all the energy it receives. I honestly know very little about it though beyond the fact that everyone seems to believe OJ did it and he was acquitted.

So to answer your question when is it "tactless" to talk ill off the dead? Always as best I can tell.

Talking crap about a dead guy makes no difference in the world.

Whens the last time you donated to a women's shelter? Fought to change the judicial process? I mean if it was so abhorrent what his lawyers did, why isn't anyone arguing to change the system here?
Donate to any human trafficking organizations recently? Women are bought, sold and sex trafficked every day meanwhile yall are still caught up on some crap this guy did before I was born.

It's rather comical to me. Guys gone and still living in your head rent free

The fact that you're throwing names like Hitler, Stallin and Bin Laden amongst the Ranks of OJ just shows how overexemplified his actions are. I'm sure I could find 20 more rich dudes who murdered their spouse and got away with it in a quick Google search. It really baffles me why everyone is so obsessed with this story and think the guy is the face of evil.

Pretty sure the US Taxpayer is currently funding Casey Anthony in the witness protection program if you really want to go on a witch hunt for exonerated murderers.

Gucci was killed by his wife and she was hired by a top fashion brand right when she was freed from jail(she served 5 years IIRC).

It happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
Good riddance to him, and sympathies for the victims’ families.
Like boo frickedy hoo. You care so much you don't even know the victims name. But thank God he's gone
Old 12 April 2024, 08:20 PM   #50
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Goodness me. Ibtl I’d say.

Old 12 April 2024, 08:25 PM   #51
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
Quote:
I genuinely hope all of them are resting peacefully. With the exception of Putin as he's still here. Not to say I didn't have a morbid curiosity surrounding some of them. I thought Bin Ladens Burial at sea was fitting so his burial site wasn't turned into a shrine. I watched Husseins execution from that grainy cell phone video, I saw Gaddafi get stabbed to death. I didn't wish ill on them though, I just was curious what people truely saw as justice.

None of it seemed fitting to the extent of their brutality if I were being honest though. The worst torture couldn't make up for a lifetime of terror. Their suffering was ended in moments. Do they deserve an eternity of suffering? Maybe, that isn't for me to judge. And given I'm not qualified to make such judgements, I wish them the best. If worse is to come, that's on them.

What difference would OJ being found guilty make in the grand scheme of things? He probably would've done 10 years given his level of defense even if found guilty.

if you want to go down the route of political leaders being held accountable, there were historically worse whose bloodlines reach far and wide to this modern day, and I wish them all well in their afterlife while being grateful I wasn't alive to experience their atrocities on mankind.

The US military killed between 280,000-310,000 civilians in the Iraqi conflict alone. That's genocide cloaked by war. If I were to devote my energy towards a cause, its going to be one thats actionable, and people can be held accountable.

Would I use OJ as an example of a model citizen? No. Did he have some issues? Seems like it. Is there anything he can do to change it now? No.

How does having contempt for the dead serve me and my higher purpose?

It doesn't, so I don't waste energy on it. Evil exists, the world isn't perfect. We all have skeletons in our closet, OJs might've been real. I just don't see his story worthy of all the energy it receives. I honestly know very little about it though beyond the fact that everyone seems to believe OJ did it and he was acquitted.

So to answer your question when is it "tactless" to talk ill off the dead? Always as best I can tell.

Talking crap about a dead guy makes no difference in the world.

Whens the last time you donated to a women's shelter? Fought to change the judicial process? I mean if it was so abhorrent what his lawyers did, why isn't anyone arguing to change the system here?
Donate to any human trafficking organizations recently? Women are bought, sold and sex trafficked every day meanwhile yall are still caught up on some crap this guy did before I was born.

It's rather comical to me. Guys gone and still living in your head rent free

The fact that you're throwing names like Hitler, Stallin and Bin Laden amongst the Ranks of OJ just shows how overexemplified his actions are. I'm sure I could find 20 more rich dudes who murdered their spouse and got away with it in a quick Google search. It really baffles me why everyone is so obsessed with this story and think the guy his the face of evil.

Pretty sure the US Taxpayer is currently funding Casey Anthony in the witness protection program if you really want to go on a witch hunt
Huh?

Lot's of words to say you don't let things like this affect you.
Old 12 April 2024, 08:43 PM   #52
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Like boo frickedy hoo. You care so much you don't even know the victims name. But thank God he's gone
Feel good?
Old 12 April 2024, 08:54 PM   #53
austinp
"TRF" Member

I actually thought he died a few years ago. I was in college the day the verdict was read. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 April 2024, 08:55 PM   #54
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Unsolicited advice for 330ci: I know you’re a good person, but every so often you go turbo here when there’s no need to. I admit we are peddling two different forms of sanctimony. But so what? It’s all good. Difference is healthy, except when we get worked up about it.
Closed Thread