The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 6 July 2022, 11:47 PM   #1
wclowe
Banned

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Interesting data and analysis:

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-slum...rolex-watches/

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 7 July 2022, 12:25 AM   #2
temporarychicken
"TRF" Member

I saw this too. The crazy prices for recently discontinued models have gone down a lot, but still quite a bit above their original MRSP.
Old 7 July 2022, 12:42 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclowe View Post
Interesting data and analysis:

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-slum...rolex-watches/

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarychicken View Post
I saw this too. The crazy prices for recently discontinued models have gone down a lot, but still quite a bit above their original MRSP.
This was a forum started mainly for about the history and watches made by the RWC over the past 100 odd years. Now today Rolex watches have become little more than ££$$€€ object things and nothing more. The history of the brand has gone, now its value this or that, and silly nicknames, or worring and fretting over the slightest scratch, or a second or so out of 86400 seconds in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 7 July 2022, 12:49 AM   #4
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

The headline isn't really borne out by the data, a bit like when you see "SALE! up to X% off". It usually turns out that the thing you actually want to buy is reduced by only a small fraction of X. Makes a great clickbait headline, though.

I thought these "investment" threads were against TRF rules. I would have thought grownups could research prices of watches themselves, but hey.
Old 7 July 2022, 12:58 AM   #5
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
The headline isn't really borne out by the data, a bit like when you see "SALE! up to X% off". It usually turns out that the thing you actually want to buy is reduced by only a small fraction of X. Makes a great clickbait headline, though.

I thought these "investment" threads were against TRF rules. I would have thought grownups could research prices of watches themselves, but hey.
I would imagine that when prices stabilize and come back to normal and people can buy whatever models they want then discussions of prices will probably cease to exist. It’s no different than energy prices. Lots of other forums that’s a major topic of discussion but once they come back to normal it won’t be so much.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 7 July 2022, 12:58 AM   #6
Db7566
"TRF" Member

Quote:

After years of threads pumping the rise, I enjoy some threads about the end of the insanity. Maybe in six months people can get the watch they want after some reasonable wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 July 2022, 02:06 AM   #7
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
I am amazed that people don't get this.
Old 7 July 2022, 01:17 AM   #8
Heady Topper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
This was a forum started mainly for about the history and watches made by the RWC over the past 100 odd years. Now today Rolex watches have become little more than ££$$€€ object things and nothing more. The history of the brand has gone, now its value this or that, and silly nicknames, or worring and fretting over the slightest scratch, or a second or so out of 86400 seconds in a day.
Old 7 July 2022, 01:27 AM   #9
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
padi56 should be a moderator on all watch forums.

Old 7 July 2022, 02:13 AM   #10
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
padi56 should be a moderator on all watch forums.

Old 7 July 2022, 01:33 AM   #11
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why do you keep complaining and coming back here everyday then? I remember last year you wanted to retire. Must be a glutton for punishment. And what value do you add with constant complaining?
Old 7 July 2022, 01:39 AM   #12
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
Why do you keep complaining and coming back here everyday then? I remember last year you wanted to retire. Must be a glutton for punishment. And what value do you add with constant complaining?
Why are you so bothered by what his opinions are?
Old 7 July 2022, 01:41 AM   #13
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Can assure you added more value over the past 17 odd years than yourself, I am entitled to my opinion if you dont like my opinion dont reply its that simple.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 7 July 2022, 02:27 AM   #14
Heady Topper
Banned

Quote:
Can assure you added more value over the past 17 odd years than yourself, I am entitled to my opinion if you dont like my opinion dont reply its that simple.
It's redundant, repetitive and I just feel bad for you cause it doesn't seem enjoyable. You can also stay clear of threads discussing this the same way you ask others to ignore your posts.

It's unfortunate that after 17 years, your TRF persona is now this, but hey, that's just my opinion.
Old 7 July 2022, 05:45 AM   #15
MiloDiThernan
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15400 OR
Quote:
I attached my rant against your bad-tempered attitude to the wrong post. So here is a correction.
Old 8 July 2022, 01:31 AM   #16
Mastergreenhand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Starbucks
Quote:
Most of us who've been here a while like myself know what you bring to the table Padi56!
Old 14 July 2022, 03:22 AM   #17
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:

Padi56 voices such an important perspective and reminder here about what brought us all (most) together in the first place: the history, Beauty, stories, engineering, an intrigue of watches.

Old 7 July 2022, 01:47 AM   #18
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
All due respect, you have been here for a few years you should know who Peter is and what he brings to this community. He is 100% correct, as this forum should be used for gaining knowledge on the brand, and talk amongst friends rather than discussing prices and valuations all day.
Old 7 July 2022, 02:21 AM   #19
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
All due respect, you have been here for a few years you should know who Peter is and what he brings to this community. He is 100% correct, as this forum should be used for gaining knowledge on the brand, and talk amongst friends rather than discussing prices and valuations all day.
Brother and this was a forum designed to talk about Corvettes and all of a sudden for whatever reason the price of the Corvettes doubled, tripled and in some cases even quadrupled I assure you it would be a major point of topic. Having said that I do look forward to never talking about prices again because that would mean they’ve come back to normal. You do get my point though. I also understand it’s been beaten to death.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 7 July 2022, 05:53 AM   #20
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
Old 7 July 2022, 02:14 AM   #21
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Try showing a little respect. Or ignore the posts.
Old 7 July 2022, 05:33 AM   #22
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 9 July 2022, 01:39 PM   #23
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:

+1

It’s a Rolex forum and we are going to ignore the greatest topic surrounding Rolex of the last three years—the market. Makes sense.

Old 11 July 2022, 06:04 AM   #24
ogbeans
Banned

Quote:

Exactly worlds biggest Debbie downer
Old 11 July 2022, 06:13 AM   #25
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbeans View Post
Exactly worlds biggest Debbie downer
It is honestly beyond strange. Posts the same comment on 50% of the threads.

Just shouting into the wind.
Old 18 July 2022, 03:42 AM   #26
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Be nice to Peter. He's contributed more to this forum than you ever will, if you live to be 100.

He's earned his place, so read and learn or move on.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 18 July 2022, 03:58 AM   #27
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
Be nice to Peter. He's contributed more to this forum than you ever will, if you live to be 100.

Well said Grady!!

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Old 18 July 2022, 08:12 AM   #28
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post

Thank you
Old 7 July 2022, 05:35 AM   #29
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Completely agree Peter and after what I saw today, Rolex is nothing more than a commodity. Hope you are well
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 7 July 2022, 05:43 AM   #30
MiloDiThernan
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15400 OR
Quote:
I agree with you. Few things are less attractive than narrow minded, single issue, old men. Who have no ability to listen and adapt. I understand, as an old man myself, that an excessive emphasis on money, rather than beauty, is one dimensional. And boring. But all the posts here addressing the value that others perceive in Rolex (in other words, what does the market think) are of much greater interest than the bad-tempered ‘stop talking about money” oldies with thousands of ‘what are you wearing?’ posts. I expect an infraction warning. Or this to be deleted. But if the old lions don’t give way to the young lions, the pride dies. And the youngsters on this forum have far more insight and colour to offer than the old complainers.
Closed Thread