The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 5 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #5161
mimo5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Ontario (Canada) Gov just sent this emergency alert to everyone with a cellphone. They keep trying!!
Sunny weekends are becoming deadly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 5 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #5162
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
x box series x is due out this fall 2020. Bill gates owns Microsoft. He probably started COVID19 to boost sales.

Please discuss
Lmao

I appreciate this. Got a good laugh on so many levels.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 5 April 2020, 04:05 AM   #5163
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

The little people on Mars know who is dominant on Earth. They see how the humans cater to Dogs every need, feed them, bathe them, are led by them down the road by the leash...last and not least we follow and pick up their poop for them...

Yes, the Martians know who is in charge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking about doge, lets go Molly. I have to walk her.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 5 April 2020, 04:05 AM   #5164
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
x box series x is due out this fall 2020. Bill gates owns Microsoft. He probably started COVID19 to boost sales.

Please discuss
Expertly placed.
Old 5 April 2020, 04:12 AM   #5165
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
And for those in this thread that have made the comparison to the flu, this chart is for you. The worst week ever for flu hospitalizations compared to one week for COVID in NYS.
What was the source of this chart? Thanks!
Old 5 April 2020, 04:14 AM   #5166
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

Please discuss
pc master race
Old 5 April 2020, 04:16 AM   #5167
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
What was the source of this chart? Thanks!
The chart comes from this article:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...spitalizations

But the underlying data comes from:

https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/c...flu_report.pdf

and

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york
Old 5 April 2020, 04:23 AM   #5168
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
While I didn’t necessarily like him as a competitor, he has turned the corner from self-centered to benevolent.

I fixed your YT link because the TED Talk is worth seeing.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. Bill’s also given a number of interviews that I found to be quite informative and non-partisan if people want to understand more about pandemics and the measures necessary to reduce and ultimately go back to some sense of normalcy.
Old 5 April 2020, 04:30 AM   #5169
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo5000 View Post
Ontario (Canada) Gov just sent this emergency alert to everyone with a cellphone. They keep trying!!
Sunny weekends are becoming deadly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I wish our country would have something like this. While the state of CA is generally doing a good job isolating, there are still enough people not complying that a reminder like that would be useful.
Old 5 April 2020, 04:34 AM   #5170
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. I think it’s important to site sources because people have become so divided. They will doubt anything as being misleading or false. At least now, they can look at it themselves and decide.
Old 5 April 2020, 04:41 AM   #5171
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Please discuss
I'll ask my mentor and be right back.
Old 5 April 2020, 04:52 AM   #5172
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:

Please discuss
Given other organizations he sponsors it wouldn't surprise me...
Old 5 April 2020, 06:05 AM   #5173
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Some things are objective not subjective. Earth is flat. Vaccines cause autism. These thing are objectively wrong, not a belief or disagreement.
Before “Origin of the Species,” how did giraffe’s necks get so long?
Old 5 April 2020, 06:08 AM   #5174
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
The Lighter Side of the Quarantine

Just because we need a little humour to break the tension

*Half of us are going to come out of quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half with a drinking problem.
*I used to spin the toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
*I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
*Still haven't decided where to go for Easter. The Living Room or The Bedroom
*PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
*Day 2 of Homeschooling: 2 students suspended for fighting, 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
*I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
*I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. She thought her cat understood her. I went in and told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
*After this quarantine will the producers of “My 600 Pound Life” just find me or do I call them?
*Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called “THE KITCHEN”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
*My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
*Day 6 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
*I'm so excited. It's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
*I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyardo. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
*Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
*Day 9 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".
*Jewish Irony: Passover canceled because of a plague.
*Many parents are just about to discover the teacher is not the problem.
*Sneezes went from bless you to f---- you real quick.
*We're about two weeks away from seeing everyone's true hair color.
*What's worse: two masked guys trying to rob you or your unmasked pizza delivery guy?
*OK I've completed my 90 day trial of 2020. How do I cancel?
*Anyone else feel like life is being written by a fourth grader? "And there was this virus and everyone was scared. And then the world ran out of toilet paper. Yeah, and then there was like no school for a month."
*If you need 144 rolls of toilet paper for a 14 day quarantine, you probably should have been seeing a doctor long ago.
*Looks like we'll also need to bail out our science fiction writers to rewrite history.
*Now that we have everyone washing their hands correctly: Next week-- turn signals!!!

Old 5 April 2020, 06:10 AM   #5175
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Very funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post

*Half of us are going to come out of quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half with a drinking problem.
*I used to spin the toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
*PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
*Day 2 of Homeschooling: 2 students suspended for fighting, 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
*I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
*I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. She thought her cat understood her. I went in and told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
*After this quarantine will the producers of “My 600 Pound Life” just find me or do I call them?
*Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called “THE KITCHEN”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
*My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
*I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyardo. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
*Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
*Day 9 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".
*What's worse: two masked guys trying to rob you or your unmasked pizza delivery guy?
*Anyone else feel like life is being written by a fourth grader? "And there was this virus and everyone was scared. And then the world ran out of toilet paper. Yeah, and then there was like no school for a month."
*If you need 144 rolls of toilet paper for a 14 day quarantine, you probably should have been seeing a doctor long ago.
*Looks like we'll also need to bail out our science fiction writers to rewrite history.
*Now that we have everyone washing their hands correctly: Next week-- turn signals!!!
Thank you for the laughs!
Old 5 April 2020, 06:14 AM   #5176
mjr24
Banned

We are under quarantine until April 30.

This is getting ridiculous at this point. Curious what the motivation is for keeping a lot of these states and businesses closed still.

I just looked at CNN's stats per state. This has gotten nowhere near as bad as people "predicted".

Wisconsin has less than 1 death per 100,000 people. I bet more people die per 100,000 from a general surgery gone bad.

Every single state has less than 1% of the population infected.....

There is no reason to be doing all this ridiculous stuff still at this point. Experts were supposedly saying the death rate could be 5% or something really high....that isn't happening.

Again, I just really wonder who is benefiting from what is going on.....
Old 5 April 2020, 06:26 AM   #5177
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
We are under quarantine until April 30. This is getting ridiculous at this point. Curious what the motivation is for keeping a lot of these states and businesses closed still
This could be an answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (64.5 KB, 247 views)

Old 5 April 2020, 06:38 AM   #5178
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:

This is getting ridiculous at this point. Curious what the motivation is for keeping a lot of these states and businesses closed still.

I just looked at CNN's stats per state. This has gotten nowhere near as bad as people "predicted".

Wisconsin has less than 1 death per 100,000 people. I bet more people die per 100,000 from a general surgery gone bad.

There is no reason to be doing all this ridiculous stuff still at this point. Experts were supposedly saying the death rate could be 5% or something really high....that isn't happening.

Here’s a possibility. Maybe social distancing and other measures to prevent the spread of Covid are working. Not as much fun as a conspiracy theory though, huh?
Old 5 April 2020, 06:42 AM   #5179
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Here’s a possibility. Maybe social distancing and other measures to prevent the spread of Covid are working. Not as much fun as a conspiracy theory though, huh?
Oh you’re such a Sunshine Suzy!!!!!

PS. Joey, is my room ready?
Old 5 April 2020, 06:45 AM   #5180
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quite a few of those made me laugh out loud (especially the cat/dog one)... much needed humor. Thanks
Old 5 April 2020, 06:49 AM   #5181
chappuy1750
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JLC
Sorry, but some sad news. I grew up on the same block as Rick ("Ricky" to me as a kid) and while I haven't been in touch in over 35 years, it still hit hard.

http://levittownnow.com/2020/04/04/t...from-covid-19/
Old 5 April 2020, 06:52 AM   #5182
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Thank you for the laughs!
Yep. That’s great.

Old 5 April 2020, 06:53 AM   #5183
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappuy1750 View Post
Sorry, but some sad news. I grew up on the same block as Rick ("Ricky" to me as a kid) and while I haven't been in touch in over 35 years, it still hit hard.

I can relate. Super sad.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Old 5 April 2020, 06:58 AM   #5184
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Oh you’re such a Sunshine Suzy!!!!! PS. Joey, is my room ready?
Yeah, my usually perky demeanor is failing me today. Your room remains ready. Bring your own toilet paper though. Hope you don’t mind that it snowed again yesterday. And the wild turkeys are beating on the windows.
Old 5 April 2020, 07:13 AM   #5185
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappuy1750 View Post

It's sad. Sorry.
Old 5 April 2020, 07:24 AM   #5186
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
In my opinion, some people will never believe it is working because they don't like the concept. Or the cost.

So, places don't take sufficient timely measures and get hammered. Like Italy.

So other places take measures to try and not get hammered.

When they don't get hammered. Then people say you didn't need to take the measures. And they don't count the places that did get hammered because they are not in their back yard.

It's kind of like fire warnings.

And people who say we don't need no stinking fire warnings here, we're not on fire yet. Or they haven't had a fire in years because the conditions were not right, or they were just plain lucky. They ignore the fire warnings. Their communities burn to the ground. Their response: see, it didn't matter it was going to burn to the ground anyways. At least we kept the economy going a while longer.

Other communities enforce no burn periods. So, they don't have very many severe fires. And the fire marshal says "great job." The fire Marshal critics say, the lack of a fire proves the no burn period was unnecessary.

Stay safe.
Old 5 April 2020, 07:52 AM   #5187
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This could be an answer.
Quote:
I can’t understand how people still don’t understand the importance of sheltering in place.

You just have to look to NY to see what you can look forward to if you’re not sheltering in place. For those people who don’t feel the need to stay at home, they should volunteer their time at a hospital.
Old 5 April 2020, 08:25 AM   #5188
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Old 5 April 2020, 08:27 AM   #5189
Beo3
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Yeah, my usually perky demeanor is failing me today. Your room remains ready. Bring your own toilet paper though. Hope you don’t mind that it snowed again yesterday. And the wild turkeys are beating on the windows.
Joey - If Paul bails, can I come in his place? You've still got snow and I'd kill my granny to get back on my board.
Old 5 April 2020, 08:51 AM   #5190
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That is all good news.

The people benefiting are those not sick, not praying for ventilators, the family of those that have not died and medical workers who aren’t risking their lives to treat a majority of people who don’t give a $#w@ about them.

Hopefully it stays that way until April 30.
Closed Thread