The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 9 December 2022, 04:58 AM   #2131
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
I assume norcalgt3 referred to European Watch Company who are listing asking prices for most pieces. They have great inventory but their asking prices tend to be up there as well. That said, when they realize stuff doesn't sell they are dropping their asks step by step until it does.

Earlier this week they had two 5712/1A complete, one asking 94.9, the other one 96.9. The cheaper one went on hold quickly and now shows up as sold. The last 5711/1A blue they listed just a few weeks ago at around 120 or 130k was gone quickly (don't remember the exact number, likely it was 129.9).

Of course the really interesting data points would be the sold prices rather than the asking prices.
For eurowatch company, their sale price is typically at or within 5% of the list price given as you say they drop prices real time if inventory sits, so I think it is accurate.
Old 9 December 2022, 04:58 AM   #2132
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgt3 View Post
Because i have a watch group at work where we openly chat about this.
Strong support lol. I’m sure your watch group is more liquid and voluminous than MODA

Quote:
For eurowatch company, their sale price is typically at or within 5% of the list price given as you say they drop prices real time if inventory sits, so I think it is accurate.
You literally said nothing…
Old 9 December 2022, 04:59 AM   #2133
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Strong support lol. I’m sure your watch group is more liquid and voluminous than MODA
try to be a little less defensive

suffice to say, you likely use the company’s product to search every day.
Old 9 December 2022, 05:16 AM   #2134
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
try to be a little less defensive

suffice to say, you likely use the company’s product to search every day.
Not being defensive. Frankly, I just don’t have the patience for misinformation or unsubstantiated claims (particularly given the history of this thread). You claimed “ive personally seen 5712s around me sell for far higher recently compared to moda”, yet failed to provide any tangible support.

Moreover, you simply stating that the sales price is within 5% of asking stands unsupported.

Until you provide real numbers (like many members including myself have been doing in this thread), you’re not saying much.

Try to be a little more insightful.
Old 9 December 2022, 05:37 AM   #2135
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Because i have a watch group at work where we openly chat about this.
thanks for the additional details, that's helpful. Ironically Moda is basically the same thing but on a much larger scale, which IMO is a great insight.
Old 9 December 2022, 05:43 AM   #2136
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
thanks for the additional details, that's helpful. Ironically Moda is basically the same thing but on a much larger scale, which IMO is a great insight.
Moda is certainly useful for a quick pulse directionally. And people at work do shop there and partner with the major brands and resellers for onsite meetings and sales as well.
Old 9 December 2022, 05:45 AM   #2137
norcalgt3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not being defensive. Frankly, I just don’t have the patience for misinformation or unsubstantiated claims (particularly given the history of this thread). You claimed “ive personally seen 5712s around me sell for far higher recently compared to moda”, yet failed to provide any tangible support.

Moreover, you simply stating that the sales price is within 5% of asking stands unsupported.

Until you provide real numbers (like many members including myself have been doing in this thread), you’re not saying much.

Try to be a little more insightful.
Everything marked as onhold is sold pending funds from eurowatch company, just like moda.

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...Rom-44582.html

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...-Re-44158.html

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...Lim-43790.html

Once actually sold with funds in hand, they are moved here: https://www.europeanwatch.com/recently_sold.html

Again, these are full complete set watches in mint condition and not naked. Keep in mind that Moda sellers also post cross-platform so they don't necessarily always go back to mark sold.
Old 9 December 2022, 05:51 AM   #2138
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

15400 full links +1 link. Box and archive papers. $28k
Old 9 December 2022, 06:11 AM   #2139
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Moda is certainly useful for a quick pulse directionally. And people at work do shop there and partner with the major brands and resellers for onsite meetings and sales as well.
I disagree with your statement. The sheer volume of transactions on moda makes it more than a “quick directional” check. It’s essentially a dealer clearing house and is probably the most transparent and real indication of what these watches are worth. If folks are paying a lot more than what’s listed on moda then IMO that is a mistake.
Old 9 December 2022, 06:32 AM   #2140
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I disagree with your statement. The sheer volume of transactions on moda makes it more than a “quick directional” check. It’s essentially a dealer clearing house and is probably the most transparent and real indication of what these watches are worth. If folks are paying a lot more than what’s listed on moda then IMO that is a mistake.
In addition to the sheer velocity and margin-based pricing, it IS the market. This has been discussed ad nauseum.
Old 9 December 2022, 06:43 AM   #2141
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
All this back and forth on people asking prices has anyone actually bought anything since the dip? I mean if you haven’t bought by now then what are you waiting for? Might as well keep waiting for an AD to contact you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 9 December 2022, 06:44 AM   #2142
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
All this back and forth on people asking prices has anyone actually bought anything since the dip? I mean if you haven’t bought by now then what are you waiting for? Might as well keep waiting for an AD to contact you

Prices are dropping weekly/daily. Why buy now if you're in no hurry? This wasn't a short term drop.
Old 9 December 2022, 06:48 AM   #2143
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
Prices are dropping weekly/daily. Why buy now if you're in no hurry? This wasn't a short term drop.

Is there that much difference in weekly declines anymore?

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 9 December 2022, 06:48 AM   #2144
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm waiting until dmash and Vince tell me that my 26420s or 26240s have bottomed out... Which I'd anticipate is only in Q1 2023 if at all.

Until then I'm mainly here for their updates (the discussions whether Moda is the market tend to now be tedious as they've been discussed ad nauseam) and grabbing a bag of
Old 9 December 2022, 06:50 AM   #2145
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
I'm waiting until dmash and Vince tell me that my 26420s or 26240s have bottomed out... Which I'd anticipate is only in Q1 2023 if at all.

Until then I'm mainly here for their updates (the discussions whether Moda is the market tend to now be tedious as they've been discussed ad nauseam) and grabbing a bag of

I’m good with knowing where the market is too, but has anyone capitalized?

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 9 December 2022, 06:54 AM   #2146
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Here's the thing - if one doesn't need the watch immediately and is tracking the market...then it doesn't take a genius to conclude that prices are still dipping and that the purchase should be delayed.

I personally will wait until the pieces I want are at MSRP or less (like they've historically been). I surmise this'll happen mid next year.
Old 9 December 2022, 06:56 AM   #2147
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here's the thing - if one doesn't need the watch immediately and is tracking the market...then it doesn't take a genius to conclude that prices are still dipping and that the purchase should be delayed.

I personally will wait until the pieces I want are at MSRP or less (like they've historically been). I surmise this'll happen mid next year.

Well hopefully you get a call from your AD before then and at least build your spend history.

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 9 December 2022, 07:46 AM   #2148
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Why buy something today, when it will be cheaper tomorrow?

Unless you are a trader short of stock who can turn a profit by buying dirt cheap
Old 9 December 2022, 11:46 AM   #2149
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Mint full set Pepsi on jubilee - $17.25k. Remember when a poster said the market was $19k?
Old 9 December 2022, 01:02 PM   #2150
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Everything marked as onhold is sold pending funds from eurowatch company, just like moda.

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...Rom-44582.html

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...-Re-44158.html

https://www.europeanwatch.com/watch/...Lim-43790.html

Once actually sold with funds in hand, they are moved here: https://www.europeanwatch.com/recently_sold.html

Again, these are full complete set watches in mint condition and not naked. Keep in mind that Moda sellers also post cross-platform so they don't necessarily always go back to mark sold.
There are always going to be folks who aren't as informed and are willing to buy at these prices. Even taking a macro view of Moda, the amount of "Price Drop" or "Another Price Drop" posts on unsold pieces is off the charts as of late. I really don't understand why so many on here tout that Moda is somehow not reflective of the actual price of these things. There's like 20k members in that group (many are trusted greys/brick and mortar greys, etc). These guys are trading every single day, multiple times a day -- they know current values. If you don't, you likely aren't even going to be able to post in the group let alone sell anything.
Old 9 December 2022, 02:56 PM   #2151
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
The luxury watch segment is $42b. Total online sales are < 30%. The MODA FB group is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of that. This is why people say that MODA is not the market.
Old 9 December 2022, 11:06 PM   #2152
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
The luxury watch segment is $42b. Total online sales are < 30%. The MODA FB group is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of that. This is why people say that MODA is not the market.
This is a hot thread so I'll preface my comment by saying I am not being argumentative or disagreeing with you, but I am curious to see the sources of this information so I can read about it and learn more. Can you share links?
Old 9 December 2022, 11:29 PM   #2153
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss516 View Post
This is a hot thread so I'll preface my comment by saying I am not being argumentative or disagreeing with you, but I am curious to see the sources of this information so I can read about it and learn more. Can you share links?

There are lots of reports available, you can choose which data sources to believe on your own, as there are slight differences in what they each include and exclude.

I haven’t heard even the staunchest MODA fan claiming that their FB group represents tens of billions of dollars in watch sales.
Old 9 December 2022, 11:45 PM   #2154
aa909
Banned

Quote:
the market is the market. If the sellers on Moda can get better prices elsewhere they would, so you can argue on the margin that prices on Moda are a bit less than they would be elsewhere but to dismiss it is silly. It's the equivalent of selling a used Ferrari in Los Angeles vs in Wisconsin. Demand in LA is higher so the Ferrari in Wisconsin will find its way to the LA market if it can sell for more.
Old 10 December 2022, 12:16 AM   #2155
Nicof
"TRF" Member

Quote:
the market is the market. If the sellers on Moda can get better prices elsewhere they would, so you can argue on the margin that prices on Moda are a bit less than they would be elsewhere but to dismiss it is silly. It's the equivalent of selling a used Ferrari in Los Angeles vs in Wisconsin. Demand in LA is higher so the Ferrari in Wisconsin will find its way to the LA market if it can sell for more.

You do have to make a distinction between wholesale and retail though…seems to me like Moda is mainly dealer to dealer. I’d imagine it’s only a tiny fraction of retail clients on there.

Old 10 December 2022, 03:22 AM   #2156
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicof View Post
You do have to make a distinction between wholesale and retail though…seems to me like Moda is mainly dealer to dealer. I’d imagine it’s only a tiny fraction of retail clients on there.

You'd be surprised these days. It used to be mostly dealers, and for sellers it still mainly is, but there's a ton of retail buyers as well.
Old 10 December 2022, 03:30 AM   #2157
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
You'd be surprised these days. It used to be mostly dealers, and for sellers it still mainly is, but there's a ton of retail buyers as well.
Yes I am one of those buyers. Bought my batgirl from Moda and couldn't be happier.

Once you join the group and browse it's really hard to shop anywhere else IMHO. The prices are best around.
Old 10 December 2022, 04:58 AM   #2158
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Yes I am one of those buyers. Bought my batgirl from Moda and couldn't be happier.

Once you join the group and browse it's really hard to shop anywhere else IMHO. The prices are best around.
Absolutely.
Old 10 December 2022, 10:05 AM   #2159
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
There are lots of reports available, you can choose which data sources to believe on your own, as there are slight differences in what they each include and exclude.

I haven’t heard even the staunchest MODA fan claiming that their FB group represents tens of billions of dollars in watch sales.
Actually people of this thread (we) are tracking the MODA prices for a reason that must be explained.

Fact: the **buy** price for greys is in these chat groups/forums.

What we are waiting for: the **buy** price for greys goes close to (under?) retail.

Why is this limit important? Flippers, corona/backpack traders will have no more margin if they buy from ADs or ADs' customers.

So what? Waiting list at AD's will shrink at eyesight. (Most of the people in the lists put their name to make money only and had no interest for watches. Even SAs were fed up with it.)

And? We will finally be able to buy again what we really love with a decent wait time.

We are waiting for collecting watches with pleasure again...

Most of us are so fed up to play the AD games, prosti*ue ourselves for SAs' attention, etc. Such an horrible experience. :(

PS: of course some people want these prices because they are interested by a specific ref to buy.
Old 11 December 2022, 04:22 AM   #2160
eijiboy
Banned

Naked batman 126710 oyster 14500 exp2 new 11400 polar

Closed Thread