The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 February 2020, 07:03 AM   #481
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
A pure maximizing profitability capitalism vs nationalist capitalism would be a fascinating conversation to have, but unfortunately not here...

I agree with taking the month off. The need to travel around internationally really isn’t that necessary. There are so many ways to conduct meetings technologically,being in person isn’t needed. Vacations can wait. Stay put for a while.
Not if you've already booked and paid for.
Old 29 February 2020, 07:11 AM   #482
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
There’s a reported story about a patient’s dog in Hong Kong quarantined because it presented with the virus.
Absolutely, positively unnecessary.
Old 29 February 2020, 07:59 AM   #483
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
I own veterinary hospitals and my wife is a veterinary surgeon. Dogs and cats can get the Coronavirus. Wild and domestic. Mostly while young. To find it in a dog or cat is not uncommon and NOTHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT. Older dogs and cats have antibodies to deal with it. Not a big deal. It does not transfer to humans from dogs or cats. The whole bat story to me is suspect. I’m far more concerned about people’s reaction to the virus than the virus itself.
Yeah but exactly... it is a different virus, in a different host it isn't supposed to be in, so the effects are not at all analogous here. You said that yourself, in a dog or cat? Psh no worries. In humans? lethal.
Old 29 February 2020, 08:10 AM   #484
Lol-x
Facilitator

The first 2020 F1 race is scheduled to go ahead in Melbourne in 2 weeks. It seems the organisations grab for the big corporate dollars outweighs the health and lives of individuals.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 29 February 2020, 08:31 AM   #485
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I have a meeting with a CEO soon of a company from Europe... they asked me to attest that I haven’t been to any of the corona virus countries and haven’t been around people that have.

I should ask them to attest to me they haven’t neither

Starting to affect real life
Old 29 February 2020, 08:35 AM   #486
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I have a meeting with a CEO soon of a company from Europe... they asked me to attest that I haven’t been to any of the corona virus countries and haven’t been around people that have.

I canceled my international travel. I don't want to risk being stuck in quarantine somewhere away from my family. At this point, there is no way of telling where the next outbreak zone or city will be. If you unlucky, you might be sequestered to a hotel or something, even if you are not sick, for 2 weeks. No thanks!
Old 29 February 2020, 08:44 AM   #487
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
Yeah but exactly... it is a different virus, in a different host it isn't supposed to be in, so the effects are not at all analogous here. You said that yourself, in a dog or cat? Psh no worries. In humans? lethal.
As it pertains to the situation at hand; you are not going to get coronavirus from your pet. And, your pet is at no more risk now than ever before.
Old 29 February 2020, 08:51 AM   #488
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
As it pertains to the situation at hand; you are not going to get coronavirus from your pet. And, your pet is at no more risk now than ever before.
Don't talk too soon as you are not an expert .......

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/a-do...-confirms.html

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 29 February 2020, 08:53 AM   #489
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
The first 2020 F1 race is scheduled to go ahead in Melbourne in 2 weeks. It seems the organisations grab for the big corporate dollars outweighs the health and lives of individuals.

Thanks Steve - the Officials have been advised to attend but be prepared for anything if AUS govt. restrictions take over (like how the Swiss cancelled any large scale events).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 February 2020, 08:54 AM   #490
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
It may not be PC to address the elephant in the room, but the Chinese should really start thinking about changing some of their ways, like the things they eat, and cleanliness. It’s no longer just a local decision when it affects the world.

Experts think bats are the source of the Wuhan coronavirus. At least 4 pandemics have originated in these animals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...-humans-2020-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think humans have evolved enough to stop eating bats, and probably rats, cats, and dogs too. Hopefully China will ban/educate on this for their people after this.
Old 29 February 2020, 09:04 AM   #491
77T

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Deleted

Old 29 February 2020, 09:17 AM   #492
77T

Quote:
It may not be PC to address the elephant in the room, but the Chinese should really start thinking about changing some of their ways, like the things they eat, and cleanliness. It’s no longer just a local decision when it affects the world.

Experts think bats are the source of the Wuhan coronavirus. At least 4 pandemics have originated in these animals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...-humans-2020-1

Actually scientists are questioning that rumor on bats...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...in-coronavirus

This is the study that started some rumors...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...reak-s-origins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 29 February 2020, 09:33 AM   #493
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Actually scientists are questioning that rumor on bats...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...in-coronavirus

This is the study that started some rumors...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...reak-s-origins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
I own veterinary hospitals and my wife is a veterinary surgeon. Dogs and cats can get the Coronavirus. Wild and domestic. Mostly while young. To find it in a dog or cat is not uncommon and NOTHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT. Older dogs and cats have antibodies to deal with it. Not a big deal. It does not transfer to humans from dogs or cats. The whole bat story to me is suspect. I’m far more concerned about people’s reaction to the virus than the virus itself.
But as it was pointed out, I’m no expert. Though, after 20 years in a veterinary hospital, some animal related stories just don’t jibe.
Old 29 February 2020, 09:57 AM   #494
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Not if you've already booked and paid for.
Travel insurance ?

It’s a tough spot to be in, but stay put!
Old 29 February 2020, 09:58 AM   #495
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Skype!
Old 29 February 2020, 10:06 AM   #496
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Do you realize what you just said? I really want you to reflect on your statement.

This entire selloff has been because of the news. Read the investment threads on this very forum and you’ll see quite a few self-proclaimed stock market geniuses (I have no problem with that by the way) dumping all their stocks because of this coronavirus. Now they either heard about it on the news and watched other people panic selling so they did the same or they’re all psychics and it came to them in a dream.
I do realize what I just said. Thanks! We can agree to disagree. I know how the stock market works
Old 29 February 2020, 11:02 AM   #497
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,

Quote:
But as it was pointed out, I’m no expert. Though, after 20 years in a veterinary hospital, some animal related stories just don’t jibe.

Do you slaughter cats and dogs in your clinic with a knife, then handle the blood/meat, and pack it up to sell for food in a less than sanitary way? That’s what they’re talking about.

Old 29 February 2020, 11:52 AM   #498
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Yes, I know, I'm not arguing that.

I don't know what Bat story you're referencing, beyond the potential "source"?
Old 29 February 2020, 01:15 PM   #499
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
I think humans have evolved enough to stop eating bats, and probably rats, cats, and dogs too. Hopefully China will ban/educate on this for their people after this.
Agreed!! Really bad stuff!
Old 29 February 2020, 02:13 PM   #500
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Trying to be prepared but not in a herd mentality.... but as everyone knows, fitted N95 masks nowhere, Prell hand sanitizer all sold out practically (at least in stores), run on for toilet paper, Lysol, clorox, cold/flu items, tylenol, etc.

And then while shopping online, I came across this:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...l-shelves.html

So.... somewhat explains why no supplies on stuff, and if available, command gouging prices.

Plan ahead for your medications, that could be in short if not rare supply possibly.
Old 29 February 2020, 02:15 PM   #501
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL View Post
Trying to be prepared but not in a herd mentality.... but as everyone knows, fitted N95 masks nowhere, Prell hand sanitizer all sold out practically (at least in stores), run on for toilet paper, Lysol, clorox, cold/flu items, tylenol, etc.

So.... somewhat explains why no supplies on stuff, and if available, command gouging prices.
Sears catalog works really well. Oh wait no more Sears catalog....
Old 29 February 2020, 02:33 PM   #502
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
This recent drop is panic driven by fear... not some massive revaluation to an 18 P/E ratio from 20.

Remember there are always the same number of shares bought and shares sold each day... this will blow over.

This is what I sent to many family who were reaching me with questions about fundamental financial stability.

When the fearful are selling, the clueful are buying. If you don’t sell, you have lost noting.

In the current state of play I believe market makers are on the shorted buy side in an effort to keep financial markets liquid in the public exchanges. Then are settling after hours in dark pools with institutional investors who are hedging their own positions.

I don’t condemn this ratcheting but it is screwing with the retail investor’s minds methinks.

Old 29 February 2020, 02:42 PM   #503
Steve in SoCal
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow this is awesome. I have been wondering were the age based severity rates

Old 29 February 2020, 02:43 PM   #504
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL View Post

Plan ahead for your medications, that could be in short if not rare supply possibly.

I posted this screenshot earlier about Amazon sellers who side-stepped the gouging rules...shipping!!!

My straw order was for 100 US made surgical masks just as a test.

Old 29 February 2020, 04:14 PM   #505
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Don't talk too soon as you are not an expert .......

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/a-do...-confirms.html
This may sound horribly graphic but there were a lot of reports coming out of Wuhan that domestic pets were/are being euthanized due to this. Horrible but based on worries of contagion through everything from sewer systems to other transitional mechanisms is very worrisome. There’s a lot we don’t know, that others do.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 29 February 2020, 04:18 PM   #506
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
This may sound horribly graphic but there were a lot of reports coming out of Wuhan that domestic pets were/are being euthanized due to this. Horrible but based on worries of contagion through everything from sewer systems to other transitional mechanisms is very worrisome.
We just got word from VMA (Veterinary Medical Association) that this is going on in China. Again, the VMA assures us not to be concerned about transmission from dogs or cats to humans. I, nor my staff and colleagues were never concerned about it, and the VMA has reinforced it.
Old 29 February 2020, 04:20 PM   #507
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
Wow this is awesome. I have been wondering were the age based severity rates

You mean the graph is awesome right?

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
Old 29 February 2020, 04:25 PM   #508
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I posted this screenshot earlier about Amazon sellers who side-stepped the gouging rules...shipping!!!

My straw order was for 100 US made surgical masks just as a test.

I was talking to a friend in Japan today and she told me that masks and sanitizing supplies are depleted in stores and amazon.jp is price gouging (by way of shipping.) $170 for a box of 50 masks. I put together a “care package” from our own stock to send to her family. Masks cost me $6/box, and a bunch of disinfectant and sanitizing wipes. Liquid hand sanitizer cannot be sent by air. I don’t know how many of you have checked, but it’s not easy to find hand sanitizer on store shelves her in California right now either. I should pick up some Purell stock.
Old 29 February 2020, 04:36 PM   #509
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Well I’m sorry then. I’m not Sorry for the LOL K thing though. Somebody tried to ask me to take the Washington post seriously. That deserved an LOL K.

I most certainly don’t know it all. If you don’t believe that you can ask my wife and she will verify that. :-)

I do feel strongly however that we are incredibly overreacting as a country and it’s being cheered on by the media for cynical purposes. And as you said I’m allowed to have my opinion. So once again if I upset you then I apologize.

I’m based in Asia and the media here has been reporting since Chinese New Year about this as it’s a deadly virus and you can carry and spread it for 14 days without having any symptoms.

I work for a US based company and was surprised that my US based colleagues were quite uninformed about the situation and asked us to travel to places that we were told to avoid (Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong).

Only a month later after it started to affect ‘the West’ (Italy) and also Korea and Japan seemed to have a hard time controlling the situation, did your media pick up on it, because the stock markets started to be affected.

I don’t see how that gets people to think that ‘the media’ wants to crash the economy.

I think in the US, people’s minds are too clouded with politics to see things for the way they really are any more...

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
Old 29 February 2020, 04:38 PM   #510
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was talking to a friend in Japan today and she told me that masks and sanitizing supplies are depleted in stores and amazon.jp is price gouging (by way of shipping.) $170 for a box of 50 masks. I put together a “care package” from our own stock to send to her family. Masks cost me $6/box, and a bunch of disinfectant and sanitizing wipes. Liquid hand sanitizer cannot be sent by air. I don’t know how many of you have checked, but it’s not easy to find hand sanitizer on store shelves her in California right now either. I should pick up some Purell stock.

Make sure they are N95 masks. Most common N95 masks are from 3M

Closed Thread