The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 December 2018, 08:38 PM   #31
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
I was in Walmart earlier and remembered you recommended the Spark. So I took at look at the drones there, and they had the Spark. It is TINY!! Very cool. But, it only records up to 1080P. I think I'd at least want a 4K option. My TV is a LG C8 OLED, so I'd definitely want to have a 4K drone!
The next model will likely be 4k, but for the price of the things 1080p is still pretty good. I was quite impressed by them (after initially being very dubious)
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 08:48 PM   #32
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
One thing to think about with drones and those small ones is wind. The Intel will hover in about a 45 MPH wind. The Phantom, up to 30, the Mavic, 15, maybe a little more, and the Spark? I honestly don’t know but if you try and fly that thing in a 35 MPH wind you’ll never see it again. I think I might have posted this before but here is me flying a demo to Michael Dell of Dell computers. We were at the Dell National sales meeting and demonstrating their new toughbook laptop. The joke was he was supposed to have pressed the wrong button and jettisoned the laptop, when in reality I ejected it on purpose. Then we were supposed to show the press and everyone how the laptop was completely undamaged. In reality, it was smashed to pieces....

The drone is the “Hercules” by a company called “Drone Volt”. It is designed to carry a tool box to the top level of a building under construction, weighs close to 30 pounds and can just about lift its body weight.

https://youtu.be/bX_FrgsteLY
The spark is actually quite impressive for what it is. Amongst my friends there's a Pantom, a Mavic, and two sparks and its the sparks that are in the air the most, mainly because of their portability. They're so easy to cary.

Wind is always going to be an issue for something so small and in a 15-20kt wind they dance about like a student pilot in a helicopter but the footage is still buttery smooth. I thought it'd just blow away when a friend first brought one around.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 11:22 PM   #33
timedate
-

people start phoning the police and act like cry babies if you launch one anywhere near houses even if its within the law, they go on to the internet and post complaints,

so far every time its been a woman that complains, and they act like someone is committing high treason, must be a coincidence that,

it got to the stage when it wasnt worth the bother. Its in its box now, hardly used.

But they are great.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote