The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 15 June 2010, 08:07 AM   #121
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Exp2,BlkBy,SD
I saw that on one of the review sites. They do take bookings for the evening though. Seems a bit silly really.
Still hoping to make it. The wife lost 7lb this week so she's in a good mood. And also it's our anniversary tomorrow so may strike whilst the irons hot.
Old 16 June 2010, 12:12 AM   #122
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Kerry (my wife) rang today guys & they don't take lunch bookings.....

according to the lady who answered the phone "you shouldn't have to wait too long" but I'd suggest whoever gets there first sticks our name down on the waiting list.
sounds fineThanks to Kerry for calling Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopsey View Post
I saw that on one of the review sites. They do take bookings for the evening though. Seems a bit silly really.
Still hoping to make it. The wife lost 7lb this week so she's in a good mood. And also it's our anniversary tomorrow so may strike whilst the irons hot.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2010, 07:40 AM   #123
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:
Martin mate "....Ask not what your forum can do for you...... ask what you can do for your forum."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this_feature_needs_you.jpg (34.5 KB, 121 views)

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2010, 05:00 PM   #124
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Not looking good peeps. Wife was on the phone to her sister yesterday and it appears that her and her husband are coming to see the boy in his show on the Saturday matinee and maybe staying over. It won't go down very well if i'm in London, which is were they live.
Still not given up, and to be honest they won't be too bothered if i'm not around but the wife won't look too favourably on it.
Oh, and that pic is of Lord Kitchener and i'm playing golf at his former Kent estate the Saturday after the World Cup final.
Old 19 June 2010, 06:17 PM   #125
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
Right guys, I have just checked my train costs and they appear to be going up daily the closer we get to our meeting....please can one of you confirm the meeting time and I will book my tickets......I seem to remember the last time quoted was 13:00, am I right on this still? Looks like I will have to stipulate which train I want to catch home as well (Dalip) because an open ended ticket is really going to sting me, realistically when do you guys think we'll be knocking it on the head?....I was going to book a train for around the 18:00 mark to get me home before 10:00....it's a bit of a trek for me you understand....
Colnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2010, 06:17 PM   #126
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Right guys, I have just checked my train costs and they appear to be going up daily the closer we get to our meeting....please can one of you confirm the meeting time and I will book my tickets......I seem to remember the last time quoted was 13:00, am I right on this still? Looks like I will have to stipulate which train I want to catch home as well (Dalip) because an open ended ticket is really going to sting me, realistically when do you guys think we'll be knocking it on the head?....I was going to book a train for around the 18:00 mark to get me home before 10:00....it's a bit of a trek for me you understand....
Old 19 June 2010, 06:18 PM   #127
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Old 19 June 2010, 06:19 PM   #128
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Old 19 June 2010, 06:51 PM   #129
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Woah Neddy!!!!......sorry for the 4 posts above....my machine here (in ex-soviet territory by the way) went nuts on me.......sorry once again
Old 19 June 2010, 07:38 PM   #130
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
1pm meet time :che ers:

I think we'll be there until at least 6 or 7pm....

I certainly will

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 19 June 2010, 07:54 PM   #131
Colnago
"TRF" Member

OK Dalip, I will book accordingly!!
Old 19 June 2010, 09:20 PM   #132
Colnago
"TRF" Member

OK guys, that's me all booked up.....arrive Kings Cross at 12:20 (should be plenty time for me to scoot across to the German Cruiser)......train back home leaves Kings Cross at 19:00.....Dalip I know you are heading for Kings Cross after the bash.....up to you if you want to fix your time and tag along, but no pressure.....an open ticket for me travelling back would have meant not using first class (unless I paid somewhere near £300!!!), I am no snob (as you will discover) but I detest trains and the only way I can put up with them is by going a bit more up-market on the seating etc.....3 hours each way is pushing the limit of my patience on a train, especially if both legs are in the same 12 hour period....I can get two single first class tickets for £115 but they are tied to times...so be it.....
Old 20 June 2010, 03:21 AM   #133
spuds
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Woah Neddy!!!!......sorry for the 4 posts above....my machine here (in ex-soviet territory by the way) went nuts on me.......sorry once again

LMAO!! "Whoa Neddy!!"..... EXCELLENT!!!!

& lookin' forward to meeting you all guys.....

Old 20 June 2010, 03:26 AM   #134
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

My tickets have arrived, I'm getting excited now
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2010, 09:39 PM   #135
Colnago
"TRF" Member

One small detail I have been wondering is how will we all recognise one another?.....I'll be on the lookout for "Hulk Homer", a guy in a double breasted blazer (sure I should know who that is Chris) and possibly Roger Mellie the man off the telly......

Knowing me I'll get there first and there'll be a couple of non-WIS guys who just happen to be wearing Rolex watches and I will launch into some ridiculous patter about how great it is to finally meet them face to face after sharing so many intimate thoughts and ideas with them online.....if I have a couple of black eyes when you lads pitch up you'll know why....

By the way......I'm easy to spot.....5' 7" with the biggest ears in the pub.....oh and a Rolex (or a Tudor Chrono) on my right wrist...

Seriously though, if any of you have been to this place before is there somewhere we can arrange to initially meet....like a juke box or a special kind of game machine....or maybe near a certain entrance/exit.....looking at the pictures early on in the thread I get the feeling it's possibly quite a big place.....
Old 20 June 2010, 09:48 PM   #136
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Well, to make things a little bit easier, here's a sight of me you'll probably be seeing on the 3rd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beeeer.jpg (188.9 KB, 81 views)
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2010, 10:18 PM   #137
spuds
"TRF" Member

Moi!!

(except I also have a cochlear implant receiver-pad thing on the side of my head now!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spuds BLAH!.jpg (27.9 KB, 77 views)

Old 21 June 2010, 12:09 PM   #138
Colnago
"TRF" Member

OK, so I'm looking for a lad with big jugs and Buster Blood Vessel's brother!!!.....ha ha seriously guys cheers, that should help I hope.....this is me with my middle son, he's 9 now, how time flies...back in 2004 but I have not changed much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0052c.JPG (103.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 22 June 2010, 12:19 AM   #139
dalip
"TRF" Member

Great pics of you all....

I will post one of me but I'm on my iPad and I can't photo bucket for some reason...

I will pm each of you....Dan, Bill and Chris ....my email address...I won't have my Australian mobile with me but will grab a uk one when there and will mail you my number....

If you can pm me your emails and mobiles just in case the forum is down and we need to make contact.

CONFIRMED ARE

Dalip
Dan (Spuds)
Bill (Colnago)
GMT master (Chris)

Awaiting definite confirmation...asap:

Mopsey (Martin)
Marke
Eric (esm)
Tony (learningtofly)

Not long to go now gents......brilliant:cheer s:

Old 22 June 2010, 12:59 AM   #140
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Not happening. I simply can't make it what with the outlaws coming down and the boy's show.
Real shame. Mabe next time.
Old 22 June 2010, 03:03 AM   #141
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
dalip and guys,

sorry mate, have to pull out. wife's annual leave and BA schedule did not match, so we will have to stick with the original plan.

have loads of fun and look forward to hearing stories and seeing pix.
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2010, 10:36 AM   #142
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not happening. I simply can't make it what with the outlaws coming down and the boy's show.
Real shame. Mabe next time.

Not to worry Martin.....family calls...family calls.....

Hopefully see you next year for London gtg 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
dalip and guys,

sorry mate, have to pull out. wife's annual leave and BA schedule did not match, so we will have to stick with the original plan.

have loads of fun and look forward to hearing stories and seeing pix.
We will Eric....there will be plenty of pics

Shame we won't be meeting this time ......next time

Old 24 June 2010, 08:17 AM   #143
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Hey dalip, did you receive my PM?
Since im not able to make it, was wondering when you are arriving and if you are in town, we can catch up for a pint or two before the GTG. Thought that would be fun ;-)
esm is offline   Reply With Quote