The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 September 2020, 09:57 PM   #31
Rollied
2024 Pledge Member

Ooomph that’s tough, sorry for your loss, such an invasion and perversion of one’s privacy. That’s a thicc boi!
Rollied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 10:00 PM   #32
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Sorry to hear about the robbery. Taking only your Rolex is strange. You must pay attention to your entourage.
Glad you got paid back, now you can get a new baby.
I personally would get the SD43 back, I have tried them all and nothing comes close to the versatility of this reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 September 2020, 10:15 PM   #33
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Get a new SD43. The JC is an amazing watch but that thing is just way too thick.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 07:41 PM   #34
zoenoadad
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C, JC DSSD
Very good question. I guess a couple reasons. First, I didn't get paid out until just a few days before moving the entire family to Belgium, so it wasn't really high on my to-do list as I'd want to research the Grey, arrange for payment/delivery, etc., and had a million things on my mind. Second, now that I'm over here, I'd be worried about customs if I order it from a Grey in the US or even the UK now, and don't want to worry about getting hit with taxes and such. And third (and probably most important), I just enjoy the game a bit too much! I loved my SD43, and would be perfectly happy to replace it, but my wandering eye has landed on the JC DSSD now and would love to own that piece as well. I'm leaving it a bit up to fate, as I told the AD that I would buy whatever they could get first b/w the Sub, SD and DSSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
I'm sorry for your robbery, and hate hearing those stories..

I do have a question though, If the Insurance company gave you market value for the SD43 - Why are you back to begging the AD ?

if they gave you "fair replacement Value", why not just replace it with a trusted Grey seller?

I'm not sure is the SD43 sells above list or not, but if you have the insurance company's cash that allows you to pay above list, it would seem like the intent of getting market value -

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to make any accusations, or start anything, I am genuinely not understanding, and it could be completely on my end.
Old 17 September 2020, 10:46 PM   #35
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
The James Cameron is beautiful watch but really big. Not sure of it as a daily wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would agree - it just feels a little too big at least for me.
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 11:35 PM   #36
OpusXIII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DJ
Beautiful watch. But it looks ridiculously big on your wrist. Maybe it's just the photos?
Old 18 September 2020, 01:23 AM   #37
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
You got to try on the new SUB and you didn't like it? Want something larger? The DSSD blue is amazing to look at. I wouldn't mind the 44mm it's the thickness that goes with the watch that just makes it too hard for me to want to wear it. Had one, sold it.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:04 AM   #38
zoenoadad
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C, JC DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
You got to try on the new SUB and you didn't like it? Want something larger? The DSSD blue is amazing to look at. I wouldn't mind the 44mm it's the thickness that goes with the watch that just makes it too hard for me to want to wear it. Had one, sold it.

I guess I’m just used to the weight/size of the SD43 and the sub felt tiny in comparison. When I (carefully) put it next to the Daytona, they looked practically the same size. I don’t need a bigger watch, I just like a bit of variety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18 September 2020, 03:10 AM   #39
slus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Pelagos
Well if you tried on the new Sub, owned a SD43 and now a DSSD, I think YOU are the most qualified to make this decision!

I will say you need to get it adjusted properly and wear it snug before you decide, and it took some playing to get it right on my wrist. Removing the divers extension and adding 1.5 links got it feeling like an extension of my own wrist for me. Very comfortable.
slus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 03:11 PM   #40
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoenoadad View Post
Assuming it's comfortable on my wrist, which I'll check at the AD again before buying, I kind of care less if people think it's too thick.
If you try it on at the AD and it seems uncomfortable or too thick, see if you can keep wearing it for at least 15 minutes. You may need to play with the bracelet a bit so that it's slightly loose. I find that I notice the watch for the first few minutes right after I put it on (because it is in fact heavy), but then I never think about it for the rest of the day -- totally comfortable. It's a really fun watch to wear regardless of how oversize it looks.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote