The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Reference Library

Old 8 September 2020, 01:47 AM   #61
Joe_LA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
That's interesting to know that not all Domino's Rolexes have "Domino's" on the warranty or caseback; I appreciate the info. And again good luck on your hunt
Rob- I was going to post a picture of the complete package that came with the watch, but the system here asks for a link to post a picture. Huh??!!
Joe_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 06:55 AM   #62
Rushhour
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z Blue & CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Agree over the many years of Rolex there have been quite a few award watches even brands like Coco-Cola.But today many narrow minded so called Rolex watch owners just see the word Domino lowers the brand.But if they had to achieve what that Domino employee had to do to earn that Rolex watch perhaps then it would be a different story.

Well said.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rushhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 07:00 AM   #63
Rushhour
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z Blue & CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by motisingh View Post
Wow! I didn't think this would be a thread I'd read on my first day on the forum.

So, I'm a Domino's franchisee in the UK and this thread has brought back a lot of memories.

We've been blessed to win over 120 Air Kings over the past 20 years and I've just posted in the welcome forum that my most sentimental watch is the Air King I won as a store manager.

The original story is something that we hold very close to our hearts in Domino's. For those that don't know:

The chain’s founder, Tom Monaghan, gave his highest-earning franchise owner the watch right off his wrist. In his 1986 autobiography, Pizza Tiger, Monaghan wrote, “I wore a Bulova with our Domino’s logo on its face. A franchisee asked what he had to do to get that watch from me, and I told him, ‘Turn in a twenty-thousand-dollar sales week.’ He did it.”

Since then, managers have tried to break a sales barrier record (for 4 consecutive weeks) to hit a different Rolex "level", with the reward being an Air King Domino's Rolex Watch.

Every single watch that our franchise has won has been given to the store managers and it's something we are very proud of.

I did feel like the ultimate king one day when I walked out of an awards ceremony in Vegas with 20 of them about a decade ago.

My Grandad wore my Air King from the day I won it, to the day he passed in 2015. It's something I'll always hold close to my heart.

This forum is great and thanks for being so welcoming

Wow - great story, especially since you gave the watches to the stores that made it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rushhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2020, 08:07 AM   #64
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
126000 is already on the market. This one is listed for 8k on eBay:

powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 10:38 AM   #65
Pelicovert2
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them Rolex
Oh boy! This is a great write up. I remember reading about a few "recherché" Zephyr 1009 from the mid 60s. They bore the Domino's Pizza logo_very neat.
I wonder if the were sample watches or if they made it to domino's.
In the 60s thru the mid 80s many u.s. and foreign companies had their logos on Rolrx dials> I remember seeing a lot of gasoline related logos.
Pelicovert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 11:52 PM   #66
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicovert2 View Post
Oh boy! This is a great write up. I remember reading about a few "recherché" Zephyr 1009 from the mid 60s. They bore the Domino's Pizza logo_very neat.
Thanks! Are you sure it was a Zephyr with a Domino's logo? I thought 1960's was before all that started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicovert2 View Post
I remember seeing a lot of gasoline related logos.
True, there are definitely a lot of petroleum company dials! In this thread you can see my attempt to post pics of every known logo dial.

Also I just stumbled across this ladies' Domino's Rolex (176200) with the Domino's logo on the upper part of the bracelet:

Old 16 December 2020, 05:54 AM   #67
Pelicovert2
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
Thanks! Are you sure it was a Zephyr with a Domino's logo? I thought 1960's was before all that started.
I remember it well bevause it was the first time I had seen a Rolex watch with a logo. It may have been a "prototype" to be shown Domino's. Obviously the guys at Domino's liked it and over the yeas ordered many watches
Pelicovert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2022, 09:38 PM   #68
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Old 16 December 2022, 02:53 AM   #69
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Apparently Rolex has ended their relationship with Domino's after 4 decades. Future Domino's award watches will be Omegas. Truly the end of an era!