The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 June 2009, 03:05 AM   #1441
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

how about talking about phil jackson... 10 titles is KING!!!!!! dont like the lakers.... dont like phil jackson..... but the guy is the BEST!!!!!! end of story.....
rolexgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2009, 03:38 AM   #1442
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
how about talking about phil jackson... 10 titles is KING!!!!!! dont like the lakers.... dont like phil jackson..... but the guy is the BEST!!!!!! end of story.....
Send him over the Memphis, See if he can turn them into a Championship team
A lot easier when you start with a bunch of stars

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2009, 03:57 AM   #1443
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
Send him over the Memphis, See if he can turn them into a Championship team
A lot easier when you start with a bunch of stars
Grizz could be good...99.9999% taking Rubio, OJ Mayo, u never know....I called Portland turning into a good team 2 or 3 yrs ago....but I lost $50 on Orlando...
tszyu#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2009, 03:37 AM   #1444
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
lots of awesome trade rumors going on guys, whatcha think?

the Wizards look to be making moves to get Stoudamire, imagine a team with Butler, Jamison, Stoudamire and Arenas.....

boston and detroit were scheming something but it looks like it fizzled out.

Richard Jefferson to San Antonio

Heinrich to Portland

RIP JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
The best bastidization I've ever seen on TRF!!
SirLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2009, 03:53 AM   #1445
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

How bout Rip, Prince and Stuckey for Rondo and Allen??? IMMEDIATELY squashed by Joe Dumars....bad enough getting rid of Billups, finally came to his senses...is he trying to turn the once mighty Pistons into the Knicks???
Old 24 June 2009, 04:26 AM   #1446
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Jefferson for Bowen and somebody else?? Heinrich to Blazers?? Well, they got BG and Rose, Blake gonna play 2nd fiddle to Kirk?
Old 24 June 2009, 09:49 AM   #1447
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tszyu#1 View Post
Jefferson for Bowen and somebody else?? Heinrich to Blazers?? Well, they got BG and Rose, Blake gonna play 2nd fiddle to Kirk?
I heard on the radio the Jefferson deal is done, spurs picked up his big contract..... hopefully the bucks can pick up someone else, i really liked the trio of jefferson, villanueva and redd.

and also the Pistons just traded Amir Johnson for Oberto..... so the bucks have been trading like crazy today

Wizards also made moves to get Randy Foye and Mike Miller from the wolves for 3 players and their 5th pick..... Foye will definitely help Arenas out as well as Miller releiving a lot of the pressure from butler and jamison.

RIP JJ

Quote:
Old 24 June 2009, 10:27 AM   #1448
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

I liked the trio of Kidd, Jeff and Carter, but that went NOWHERE.... Milwaukee needs to trade like crazy, they're bottom of the barrel imo..all this Ricky Rubio not wanting to go to Memphis...man, if I had the chance to play in the NBA and I'm projected to be the #2 pick, I would not be whining about what team selects me..remember Steve Francis?? Same team, different country at the time..#2 overall and he looked like someone just shot his puppy...10 man trade with just about every team in the league involved to accomodate him
Old 25 June 2009, 02:35 AM   #1449
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I liked the trio of Kidd, Jeff and Carter, but that went NOWHERE.... Milwaukee needs to trade like crazy, they're bottom of the barrel imo..all this Ricky Rubio not wanting to go to Memphis...man, if I had the chance to play in the NBA and I'm projected to be the #2 pick, I would not be whining about what team selects me..remember Steve Francis?? Same team, different country at the time..#2 overall and he looked like someone just shot his puppy...10 man trade with just about every team in the league involved to accomodate him
i love steve francis really wish he stayed on the rockets. i figure the bucks dumped jefferson because of cap space, i am sure too that they wanna play joe alexander more who i feel is a very good player with little to no game time.

spurs did well, i feel their offence just went up a bunch with jefferson, questionable about their defence now but time will tell. I figure duncan has about 2-3 more years and he is done.

RIP JJ

Quote:
Old 25 June 2009, 02:39 AM   #1450
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

please knicks... do not trade up and take rubio.... the guy cant shoot or guard anyone... he is nothing like steve nash.... please im begging.... stay in the 8th spot and draft flynn from syracuse.... i dont want gerald henderson from duke either... another prediction, by the time the draft is over the knicks will either trade nate or david lee....
Old 25 June 2009, 02:46 AM   #1451
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLoki View Post
i love steve francis really wish he stayed on the rockets. i figure the bucks dumped jefferson because of cap space, i am sure too that they wanna play joe alexander more who i feel is a very good player with little to no game time.

spurs did well, i feel their offence just went up a bunch with jefferson, questionable about their defence now but time will tell. I figure duncan has about 2-3 more years and he is done.
Franchise was one of my faves, but he's gonna be remembered as an all talent, spoiled nothing about the $$$ player, like I mentioned previously--Marbury, Iverson, McGrady, Carter, Penny, etc. What kills me is he and Yao were REALLY starting to mesh well, then J. Van Gundy does the Francis, Mobley Cato trade for Tmac....

Duncan, Finley and injury prone Balki (Ginobli) have a few yrs left in them
Old 25 June 2009, 02:48 AM   #1452
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
please knicks... do not trade up and take rubio.... the guy cant shoot or guard anyone... he is nothing like steve nash.... please im begging.... stay in the 8th spot and draft flynn from syracuse.... i dont want gerald henderson from duke either... another prediction, by the time the draft is over the knicks will either trade nate or david lee....
Dumbest move, and the Knicks have done more than their fair share of dumb moves/trades/signings would be to let go of Lee. Nate is the crowd fave, but if you had to choose, I think 9 out of 10 fans-Knick fans or not, would take Lee. Rubio is fast...and that's about it
Old 25 June 2009, 02:49 AM   #1453
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Franchise was one of my faves, but he's gonna be remembered as an all talent, spoiled nothing about the $$$ player, like I mentioned previously--Marbury, Iverson, McGrady, Carter, Penny, etc. What kills me is he and Yao were REALLY starting to mesh well, then J. Van Gundy does the Francis, Mobley Cato trade for Tmac....

Duncan, Finley and injury prone Balki (Ginobli) have a few yrs left in them
He does look like Balki!!!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2009, 02:58 AM   #1454
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dumbest move, and the Knicks have done more than their fair share of dumb moves/trades/signings would be to let go of Lee. Nate is the crowd fave, but if you had to choose, I think 9 out of 10 fans-Knick fans or not, would take Lee. Rubio is fast...and that's about it
lets hope and pray we stay in the 8th spot
Old 25 June 2009, 03:04 AM   #1455
SirLoki
"TRF" Member

latest trade rumor

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._latest_d.html

interesting if conley and gay go to boston..... seems doc rivers and rondo might be having conflict. Scalabrine is useless.

RIP JJ

Quote:
Old 25 June 2009, 03:46 AM   #1456
sexner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 169622, 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosco View Post
before i start going into how awesome wade was in his 51 point performance last night in a 3-ot win vs the jazz, i want to know someone else is sharing my excitement!
no.
Old 25 June 2009, 03:55 AM   #1457
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexner View Post
no.
Oh no - how will I sleep tonight! Way to dig up old news, buddy!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 25 June 2009, 04:07 AM   #1458
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Oh no - how will I sleep tonight! Way to dig up old news, buddy!
Old 25 June 2009, 04:27 AM   #1459
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Announcement.

Ok, I am out of therapy and can do this without getting my heartbeat above red-line level.

Congratulations to the Lakers and their fans. Haven't said it before, saying it now. LA played great basketball!

Being Mosco, I have to rain on the parade a little bit How does it feel to be used by Phil? He beat out Red with 10 titles, and said "peace!" That's coooold! Kinda feels like he used Kobe & Co... I know he is getting up there in age, I know about the hips.... but still.... Part-time coach? wtf?

Wait, am I feeling bad for LA after they have won a championship and LBJ is saying 'maybe next year...." ?!??!??!? Screw that!

Old 26 June 2009, 02:58 AM   #1460
cowincanada
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Shaq to the Cavs, how you do like that Greg?

I definitely think its a good move, now all they need is a wing that's tall enough to defend the 2-3 spots (ideally someone like Sefolosha).

Spurs made a fantastic move to get RJ. They're not done dealing though as they've become thin frontcourt. I hope RC has one more trick up his sleeve
cowincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2009, 12:26 PM   #1461
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowincanada View Post
Shaq to the Cavs, how you do like that Greg?

I definitely think its a good move, now all they need is a wing that's tall enough to defend the 2-3 spots (ideally someone like Sefolosha).
Alex, sorry -just saw this. I like it overall, but I am afraid that it will screw up the Cavs dynamic. And I totally agree with you on the 2-3, but Sefolosha didn't come to mind until you mentioned it... Good call

Old 12 August 2009, 04:35 PM   #1462
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Thank you Kurt Rambis, you were a great Laker on and off the court. You will be truly missed. Your determination and hustle made you a true Laker for life.

You did your best when you were coaching the Lakers, given the circumstances. I hope you are successful in your journey with your new team. Hopefully the fans and the team will see you again in the future.

Thank you Clark Kent.....Kurt Rambis.

The new coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Good luck in your future endeavors!
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 10:08 PM   #1463
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Precision View Post
Thank you Kurt Rambis, you were a great Laker on and off the court. You will be truly missed. Your determination and hustle made you a true Laker for life.

You did your best when you were coaching the Lakers, given the circumstances. I hope you are successful in your journey with your new team. Hopefully the fans and the team will see you again in the future.

Thank you Clark Kent.....Kurt Rambis.

The new coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Good luck in your future endeavors!
a great laker....lol... if i played with magic, kareem, byron scott, coop, and worthy... i would be a great laker too.....
Old 13 August 2009, 01:11 AM   #1464
cowincanada
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
after 25 years, karma finally turned the tables between Rambis and Mchale!
cowincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2009, 04:06 AM   #1465
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Quote:
a great laker....lol... if i played with magic, kareem, byron scott, coop, and worthy... i would be a great laker too.....
Link?
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2009, 04:38 AM   #1466
openwheelracing
"TRF" Member

Rambis was a great Laker. An even better coach too. The current team will miss him very much. He always shows up early, and leave late. The extra preparation he does is extremely valuable. He even practices with the big fellas.

T-wolves got a steal. He will be a great coach. More than welcome to return LA when his contract expires.
openwheelracing is offline   Reply With Quote