The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 February 2020, 06:20 AM   #61
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Kevin O'Leary bought a few too and also the chronometre blue

His knowledge is not good but somehow he loves his watches and well give him some credit .. he might learn more in the future

Anyway this is a long interview and worth seeing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ37865DZ4

Oh ma gosh! That dude was balling it with all those pieces. I didn’t realize the hot models were available so easily. Normally his “coleczion “ and investment ideas drive me crazy but the Teddy kid really does a great job dressing him up. Oh man,.. and that Miami boutique is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 06:34 AM   #62
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Well done. Agree the CB is a wonderful watch and of all of the production watches that have gone up, imho this is one of the very few that has earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacelle View Post
Nice thought out post, the CB is glorious. Congrats! I think that Oscar Wilde coined the phrase: "the best way to fight temptation is to yield". Enjoy your CB!
Great quote

Ps. Pics or it didn’t happen
Old 9 February 2020, 12:49 PM   #63
DGB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Oh ma gosh! That dude was balling it with all those pieces. I didn’t realize the hot models were available so easily. Normally his “coleczion “ and investment ideas drive me crazy but the Teddy kid really does a great job dressing him up. Oh man,.. and that Miami boutique is gorgeous.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 01:18 PM   #64
DGB
"TRF" Member

Excellent choice OP.
The CB is absolutely unique, Mr Journe decided the give it the entry level due to the simple complication it has.
The dial and the case are tougher to build than many other watches of the brand.
No other watch can give you this effect.

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 07:45 AM   #65
Joak
"TRF" Member

Watch: FP Journe CB
Pulled the trigger on my CB early 2019, paid over retail but just below 30K USD. Looking at the CB that WatchBox sold for 48K USD the other day I've no clue where this thing is going...
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 07:47 AM   #66
Joak
"TRF" Member

Watch: FP Journe CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post

Those red bracelets though.... :/
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 01:33 PM   #67
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joak View Post
Those red bracelets though.... :/

True, true. But I give the man points for originality. Those red straps can be easily swapped. I enjoyed his horological growth since the a vid I saw of him talking 5711 investments a couple of years ago. He lost me with all the steel sports hype. Now, with these Journes and Grand Seiko comments, I’m impressed.

rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 03:29 AM   #68
stickballkid
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!! A marvelous piece.

I was lucky enough to get one. Paid a little over retail. As new condition.
I don't care if they go to 100,000. Keeping mine as long as I make a
living, and I'm not a rich guy. This was my grail watch. It will go to my
nephew, hopefully not to soon. Don't know if he'll enjoy watches, but
when it's his, he can do what he likes.
stickballkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 11:05 PM   #69
outdoors_guy
"TRF" Member

i think if you are able to pay and the price was worth it to you it was good purchase. As for future prices - supply is not the only factor, demand is important too, and I think nobody can predict the future demand. Further stock market correction, the next hottest thong, waning interest in watches could all seriously shift the demand curve over the next few years.

It’s a stunning watch, and whether the price goes up or down, I hope you enjoy it.
outdoors_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 12:31 AM   #70
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoors_guy View Post
i think if you are able to pay and the price was worth it to you it was good purchase. As for future prices - supply is not the only factor, demand is important too, and I think nobody can predict the future demand. Further stock market correction, the next hottest thong, waning interest in watches could all seriously shift the demand curve over the next few years.

It’s a stunning watch, and whether the price goes up or down, I hope you enjoy it.
Thongs will always be hot.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 12:55 PM   #71
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

$65k

Credit for trying, I suppose!

https://www.chrono24.com/fpjourne/so...id12642649.htm

Wow.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2020, 12:41 AM   #72
Becweb
Banned

Congrats! But in your post, it seems like you are trying to justify your purchase - i hope that isn't the case!
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2020, 09:59 PM   #73
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
It isn't just the CB and Resonance that is moving up anymore it appears. Standard gray Centigraphe just listed at 65K in RG. That could be had all day long a few months ago for low to mid 40's. Perhaps they are being a bit cheeky, but no question the FPJ line as a whole is going up. Which seems odd since most other stuff seems to be softening.

I can't provide a link to the watch, but it's on Chrono. Only a couple Centigraphes listed, so easy enough to find.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2020, 02:26 AM   #74
amateurcollector
"TRF" Member

I bought a Titalyt Elegante recently and am surprised by how much interest the watch is getting. What do you think is suddenly driving the increase in FPJ?
amateurcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2020, 11:03 AM   #75
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurcollector View Post
I bought a Titalyt Elegante recently and am surprised by how much interest the watch is getting. What do you think is suddenly driving the increase in FPJ?
WatchBox cornering the market?
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2020, 12:29 PM   #76
golfinz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
$65k

Credit for trying, I suppose!

https://www.chrono24.com/fpjourne/so...id12642649.htm

Wow.
That guy had it posted for 34k a month ago. He just needs one 'schmuck' to pay up for it.
golfinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2020, 03:03 PM   #77
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurcollector View Post
I've considered the Elegante a couple years back but there was not much interest in it back then. I'm guessing more and more people have been stopping by the boutiques (definitely a lot from CB hype) and they notice this interesting casual piece with a very cool quartz movement and great Journe aesthetics and finish. I think it's the "entry-level" pricing that's attracting a lot of the attention too.
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2020, 03:30 PM   #78
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
That guy had it posted for 34k a month ago. He just needs one 'schmuck' to pay up for it.
IMHO .. I do not agree whoever paid for that price is a “schmuck”.. if one believe that’s the right price, I do congratulate him/her on the new addition to his/her collection.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2020, 07:41 AM   #79
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
It isn't just the CB and Resonance that is moving up anymore it appears. Standard gray Centigraphe just listed at 65K in RG. That could be had all day long a few months ago for low to mid 40's. Perhaps they are being a bit cheeky, but no question the FPJ line as a whole is going up. Which seems odd since most other stuff seems to be softening.

I can't provide a link to the watch, but it's on Chrono. Only a couple Centigraphes listed, so easy enough to find.
That Centigraphe actually sold in 3 days. No idea if they got anywhere near the 65K ask, but it went quick. The FPJ market has gotten weird.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 05:22 AM   #80
Rolster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
The FPJ market has gotten weird.
You can say that again! I have been collecting Journe for over 10 years and it's never been so crazed!
Rolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2021, 11:18 PM   #81
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

All I can say is - I’m glad I paid up!

lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2021, 01:37 AM   #82
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Man oh man hind sight is 20/20. Imagine being able to turn back the clock and buy some pieces just a few years ago.

Old 17 March 2021, 07:49 AM   #83
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Man oh man hind sight is 20/20. Imagine being able to turn back the clock and buy some pieces just a few years ago.

At the time, five years ago, none of the now impossible to get watches seemed like sure things.
Old 17 March 2021, 10:43 AM   #84
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
At the time, five years ago, none of the now impossible to get watches seemed like sure things.

Oh yes I remember brand new 15202s for $18k - 5711s around $20k, Journes in the $20-30k range.

Old 17 March 2021, 04:56 PM   #85
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Looking ar what’s available now, what’s next - VCO seems like a sure thing but nothing else standing out. Moser perhaps.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 12:57 AM   #86
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
Looking ar what’s available now, what’s next - VCO seems like a sure thing but nothing else standing out. Moser perhaps.
The complicated ALS's and Odysseus, Moser Streamliner, and VCO are catching fire now. Speedmasters are moving up fast but those aren't in the same price range.

My prediction is Laurent Ferrier as the next independent to catch fire. Nice looking watches with nice finishing. They just need to make an accessible sports watch in the $20k-$30k range.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 03:39 AM   #87
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Feels like a good/fun time to link back to these:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=journe

The first time I ever heard of the brand was JJ Redick, Talking Watches.
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2021, 03:55 AM   #88
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossma View Post
Ah, perspective. I bought my CB at the Madison Ave. boutique in 2015 and paid full retail and these kinds of ads made want to vomit when I considered that if I had to sell mine I wouldn't get more than $15K for it, almost a 40% loss from the retail price plus sales tax.
I purchased an AP 15202 from the boutique on 57th st and had a similar experience. The SA told me how rare it was that they had one in stock and how lucky I was to have walked into the boutique at that moment. Two weeks later they had one for sale in the window.
Old 18 March 2021, 04:03 AM   #89
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The complicated ALS's and Odysseus, Moser Streamliner, and VCO are catching fire now. Speedmasters are moving up fast but those aren't in the same price range.

My prediction is Laurent Ferrier as the next independent to catch fire. Nice looking watches with nice finishing. They just need to make an accessible sports watch in the $20k-$30k range.
What do you think of the Urban Jurgensen One? The company itself doesn't have an AP or PP rep but it's a beautiful SS sports watch from an independent micro brand.
I've wondered about LF but how can they make an accessible sports watch for $20-30K when their SS 3 handers are $40K with no bracelet and minimal water resistance and their watches are all hand crafted? Journe, by comparison, has always seemed reasonably priced with the CB selling for $10-15K less than a comparable steel LF and the CS in platinum at the same price.
Old 18 March 2021, 04:15 AM   #90
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post

Lange is right now in the beginning stages of a Journe-like transition to ever escalating secondary market prices. It’s only some models right now. But it will spread. Just try to find an 1815 Boutique Edition Chronograph right now. I suspect certain dealers have some and are sitting on them along with certain Datograph models. The catalyst was the overall growing demand from the market combined with a very low production year. Lange only produced 3800 pieces last year. Previously they had been producing approximately 5000 watches annually.
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote