The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 11 January 2013, 03:53 AM   #1
R.J.
"TRF" Member

Watch: milgaus gv
deployant clasp & strap

Hi. I'm planning on replacing the buckle on my Calatrava for a deployant clasp. Will the origional strap work or will it need a strap special for the clasp? Also wondering what Patek straps are selling for. Thanks in advance.
Old 11 January 2013, 06:20 AM   #2
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
Hi. I'm planning on replacing the buckle on my Calatrava for a deployant clasp. Will the origional strap work or will it need a strap special for the clasp? Also wondering what Patek straps are selling for. Thanks in advance.
I put a deployant on my 5205G. It does work but the strap for a tang buckle is much thicker so the sizing pin on the deployant doesn't snap in completely like it should.

Deployant straps are only partially padded instead of the entire length of the strap.

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 06:25 AM   #3
R.J.
"TRF" Member

Thanks hutchman. Much appreciated.
Old 11 January 2013, 07:16 AM   #4
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
It also depends on the size of your wrist. I have a tiny wrist and most straps (Patek short straps included) place the deployant off to the side of my wrist - very unconformable and unattractive. This, however, isn't much of an issue with the tang buckle. I tend to have custom length straps made up when I get a new watch.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 09:35 AM   #5
vc_watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP PC, Nautilus!
There are also different sizes for deployant clasps. I have a small one (14mm) on a regular (not short) Patek strap. Was just at Henri Stern this afternoon and Tracy (super nice lady - she described herself as "Patek's strap lady") very patiently helped me explore which size/length of strap worked well with the clasp, given the relatively small (6.25") size of my wrist.
vc_watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 11:46 AM   #6
JP Chestnut
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc_watches View Post
There are also different sizes for deployant clasps. I have a small one (14mm) on a regular (not short) Patek strap. Was just at Henri Stern this afternoon and Tracy (super nice lady - she described herself as "Patek's strap lady") very patiently helped me explore which size/length of strap worked well with the clasp, given the relatively small (6.25") size of my wrist.
That's a great idea. I've always had them made. I particularly liked Bea at April in Paris, when I lived in San Francisco.
Old 11 January 2013, 12:06 PM   #7
vc_watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP PC, Nautilus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
That's a great idea. I've always had them made. I particularly liked Bea at April in Paris, when I lived in San Francisco.
Nothing beats bespoke!
vc_watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2013, 11:07 PM   #8
R.J.
"TRF" Member

Thanks Guys. I'm buying from an A.D. in Florida whom I've been corresponding with by e-mail. When I order the clasp & strap to be delivered, paid for, colour, ect. I'll be doing it by phone with Rich at Harold Freeman's. Having a small wrist myself I'll now make a point to bring this to his attention as there will be no fitting as it is to be shipped to Canada. Your info will save me a possible headache so thanks again.
Old 12 January 2013, 04:45 AM   #9
JP Chestnut
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Guys. I'm buying from an A.D. in Florida whom I've been corresponding with by e-mail. When I order the clasp & strap to be delivered, paid for, colour, ect. I'll be doing it by phone with Rich at Harold Freeman's. Having a small wrist myself I'll now make a point to bring this to his attention as there will be no fitting as it is to be shipped to Canada. Your info will save me a possible headache so thanks again.
You are very welcome. Enjoy in good health!
Old 16 January 2013, 02:51 PM   #10
roger 2011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116509
hihihihi yes i know you need one.... they are a beauty...

here's mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1000318.jpg (49.6 KB, 311 views)
roger 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2013, 09:48 AM   #11
R.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 2011 View Post
here's mine
Yeah that's it. Next week when the money is in I'm ordering it along with a dark brown strap for it. Whenever I see pictures of the 5127 it always has the black aligator strap so this will make it a little different. Told that they don't keep the clasp in stock and will have to order one in. When I get it I'll post a picture of it. Can you tell me the watch that goes with your clasp as I'm sure that it is striking? Thanks for the picture.
Old 17 January 2013, 10:49 AM   #12
roger 2011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116509
hihihihi thanks pp3796

Quote:
Yeah that's it. Next week when the money is in I'm ordering it along with a dark brown strap for it. Whenever I see pictures of the 5127 it always has the black aligator strap so this will make it a little different. Told that they don't keep the clasp in stock and will have to order one in. When I get it I'll post a picture of it. Can you tell me the watch that goes with your clasp as I'm sure that it is striking? Thanks for the picture.
hihihihi thanks pp3796
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0622.jpg (44.3 KB, 262 views)
roger 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote