The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2019, 10:42 PM   #1
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Tudor Misery

This came up on my YouTube feed. Sorry for his misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU9oTxhQ4HM
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 10:53 PM   #2
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
More like AD misery. The AD lied to him and Tudor proved it.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I watched this last night. Looks like the AD will be having a used unworn BlackBay to sell.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 11:02 PM   #4
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Very,very naughty Frazier Hart,,,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 11:07 PM   #5
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Not ever experience can be aces.
Old 26 May 2019, 11:46 PM   #6
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
Restocked watch, then it will be restocked again.
Old 26 May 2019, 11:56 PM   #7
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Tudor will "return it to factory salable condition" and sell it as new. Not used, or previously owned." New. Not cool.
Old 27 May 2019, 12:01 AM   #8
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Ad could have safe their reputation and provided real customer care. But saving little $$$ is way too important in today's business.
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 12:07 AM   #9
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Pretty poor all round - sounds like another story of the supplier literally calling the shots and dealing with the matter on their terms. I have heard of similar issues with Rolex too. It seems as if they know that demand is so high, they can deal with customers with less interest and commitment than they would if they were having to push sales. Sad state of affairs though!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 12:16 AM   #10
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Story seems a bit one sided... how would you not notice those case scratches while inspecting the watch at time of purchase? I understand not seeing a piece of lint, hands not aligned, small resizing scratches at time of purchase. But these are huge horizontal scratches that are not seen when he’s removing the QR code sticker. Not sure either way, since I wasn’t their, but the story seems half told from my limited view.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 12:27 AM   #11
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Upwards of 153,000 views and counting. Is it worth this kind of press to the AD?

He shared his review of his experience and voted with his wallet. Not much else he can do. Let it serve as a warning to the Brits who wish to purchase there.
Old 27 May 2019, 12:37 AM   #12
watchmaker
TechXpert

People make mistakes, and people tell lies to lessen the embarrassment of said mistakes. People are not perfect. This doesn’t excuse it but commenters on YouTube are acting like this is the most heinous act ever committed by man.

Despite being at fault it’s not fair that Brian aka Mr X be crucified publicly. Everybody messes up at work and while he did lie, a full refund was always an option so there was never any harm intended to the buyer. The video poster was right to wish him no ill feelings.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 12:40 AM   #13
ZenNYC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB, 126600
I had a similar experience when I purchased my rolex 116613 lb from the Rolex AD. It was one of the recommended ADs from this forum. It had a microscopic teeth marks on the back of the case where it was hard to spot when I first inspected the watch. I noticed this only after couple of weeks into wearing it. I was a newbie then but should have been more careful. I got over it now but boy I was so upset when I found this out. I still love my watch but my first Rolex buying experience from recommended AD, not so much
ZenNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 01:33 AM   #14
Lifeisarolliecoaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: This space
My heart sank when I watched this video. The AD should have checked the watch when it came back from Tudor to be rectified before handing back to the customer claiming it was resolved. The influence of social media shows AD’s can’t cut corners like this anymore
Lifeisarolliecoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 01:47 AM   #15
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Story seems a bit one sided... how would you not notice those case scratches while inspecting the watch at time of purchase? I understand not seeing a piece of lint, hands not aligned, small resizing scratches at time of purchase. But these are huge horizontal scratches that are not seen when he’s removing the QR code sticker. Not sure either way, since I wasn’t their, but the story seems half told from my limited view.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he caused the scratches. That barcode sticker he referenced was a nightmare for me. Took me a couple of days of washing and scrubbing gently to avoid scratches to fully remove residue.

Also the scratches would be so light I’d prob just deal with it as it is a tool watch. Seriously!! Of course, that is strictly my opinion and mentality and I can see how it can annoy others.

From this point on, I do agree that Tudor and AD handled matters terribly.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 01:49 AM   #16
CptCanuck
"TRF" Member

social media can crucify your business over night if you are not careful.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
CptCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 02:08 AM   #17
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Not that big a deal
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 02:12 AM   #18
redfoxer
"TRF" Member

The owner of the channel posted a follow up for those who hadn't seen it. He stated it was squarely the sales associates fault (not the AD or Tudor).

Interested to see if the sales associate does manage to get him in touch with Tudor for a response about how this has been handled by the AD. Suspect this is probably the end of this story.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk
redfoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 10:47 AM   #19
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfoxer View Post
The owner of the channel posted a follow up for those who hadn't seen it. He stated it was squarely the sales associates fault (not the AD or Tudor).

Interested to see if the sales associate does manage to get him in touch with Tudor for a response about how this has been handled by the AD. Suspect this is probably the end of this story.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk
Funny how he thinks the SA was thinking of the customer first by lying.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 11:56 AM   #20
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Could have be handled differently by the AD, if it gets restored by Tudor and sold as new I’m sure no one will be able to tell or I would think they couldn’t
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2019, 07:14 PM   #21
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Funny how he thinks the SA was thinking of the customer first by lying.
It’s confirmation bias in action.

If you expect the AD to be helpful (as he did), then you can see why he lied ‘in the customer’s best interest’. (Note, I mean understand the reasoning, not forgive it entirely)

If you believe all ADs and SA are useless/corrupt/liars you would be inclined to view the story in a way that fits your preexisting narrative.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote