The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 June 2020, 12:12 PM   #1
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Panda dial 26331 and 26315 waitlist

I am in HK and was told by the BT that, as a walk-in customer, the chance of me getting it is very slim with 1-2 years. In other words I have to go to Grey market if I want to get one of these within a short period of time.

Interestingly, the price in the grey market is not that much above the retail price. Just wondering if anyone was able to get the watch from AD/BT in other countries as a walk-in customer or non-vip and how long did you have to wait?

Thanks
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Waybach
"TRF" Member

While waiting for my 15500 I asked my SA about the ROC for my friend who was interested and he was offered a choice between the black 26331 or grey 26315 on the spot. This was back near the end of April.

Edit: more info
Waybach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 09:20 PM   #3
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Really can’t say about the HK market realities, but wait in Singapore for those isn’t close to what you’re being told.

I would suggest you get on the list, visit frequently and maintain contact. I believe you will be able to receive it sooner.
Old 3 June 2020, 10:35 PM   #4
Jayj23
"TRF" Member

interesting. What boutique did you visit in HK? Prior to COVID, I visited the IFC and CWB boutique and they both offered a 26331 Panda dial after a little chat. They did say they would have to make a few calls in order for me to purchase this (which I think is BS)
Jayj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 01:07 AM   #5
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayj23 View Post
interesting. What boutique did you visit in HK? Prior to COVID, I visited the IFC and CWB boutique and they both offered a 26331 Panda dial after a little chat. They did say they would have to make a few calls in order for me to purchase this (which I think is BS)

I made my first call around early to middle last year to various BT, namely, in central, causewaybay, and TST areas. But all of them only put me on "request list". So technically it is not even a waitlist in the sense that it is First come first serve. They give the watch to whoever they view as important client as priority.

I don't know why they offer you the watch that quickly. Only if you are a VIP that would make sense to me.
Old 4 June 2020, 02:35 AM   #6
Cheongster
"TRF" Member

Got my 26315 panda after an 8 month wait from boutique (was my first AP). Was a walk-in customer and this was in Singapore.

Last edited by Cheongster; 4 June 2020 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: More detail
Cheongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 12:01 PM   #7
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
It really depends on your history. If you have a bunch of AP on your AP profile and they see long term potential then anything is possible. They want to invest in long term customer so if they keep seeing you walk in and lust after watches and talk watches you will get it faster. Trust me this works in HK where I became VIP very quickly (in 3 months) and I didn’t buy any CODE or bs watch only what they call ‘novelties’ i.e. new models. One way to get relationship quickly is to buy lots of strap and keep going back to same person to change strap and have a chat. Of course you need at least one AP to do that so....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:42 PM   #8
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumnyc View Post
It really depends on your history. If you have a bunch of AP on your AP profile and they see long term potential then anything is possible. They want to invest in long term customer so if they keep seeing you walk in and lust after watches and talk watches you will get it faster. Trust me this works in HK where I became VIP very quickly (in 3 months) and I didn’t buy any CODE or bs watch only what they call ‘novelties’ i.e. new models. One way to get relationship quickly is to buy lots of strap and keep going back to same person to change strap and have a chat. Of course you need at least one AP to do that so....

haha thanks. I don't have any AP unfortunately. So I guess I will have to go to a grey dealer.
Old 6 June 2020, 03:17 AM   #9
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
26315: White/Silver dial with blue subdial is a bit harder to get than the grey dial. Grey dial you can get at the secondary market at almost the same price as msrp. Silver/white might be a bit higher but not much than msrp.

26331: Blue dial is harder to get than the other two colors. White/Silver and Black are a lot easier to get. If you have to wait too long at the boutique/AD, just go grey with a little premium but not too bad. Most people want to wait for blue, so if you don't mind to get white/silver or black, just tell the boutique/AD, you might be able to get sooner than later.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 11:15 AM   #10
Jayj23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruchan22 View Post
I made my first call around early to middle last year to various BT, namely, in central, causewaybay, and TST areas. But all of them only put me on "request list". So technically it is not even a waitlist in the sense that it is First come first serve. They give the watch to whoever they view as important client as priority.

I don't know why they offer you the watch that quickly. Only if you are a VIP that would make sense to me.
Not a VIP and have no purchase history. Although I did visit quite few times just to have a chat and bug them, so that maybe helped?

Honestly, the premium for the pandas 26331 and 26315 are not that much. You could just go grey unless you have intention to build purchase history to get more hard to get watches
Jayj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 11:51 AM   #11
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
26315: White/Silver dial with blue subdial is a bit harder to get than the grey dial. Grey dial you can get at the secondary market at almost the same price as msrp. Silver/white might be a bit higher but not much than msrp.

26331: Blue dial is harder to get than the other two colors. White/Silver and Black are a lot easier to get. If you have to wait too long at the boutique/AD, just go grey with a little premium but not too bad. Most people want to wait for blue, so if you don't mind to get white/silver or black, just tell the boutique/AD, you might be able to get sooner than later.
Thanks man. I am only going for the panda dial for both 26315 and 26331 and have been waiting since mid last year. No idea why other people were able to get it so quickly as a new customers.
Old 9 June 2020, 05:29 PM   #12
hchiyan0925
"TRF" Member

I sent you a PM but I am not sure my lack of post count allows for the PM function to work.

I am Hong Kong-based and have an okay relationship with the IFC boutique (bought 15500OR, 15450ST and 26470ST prior), I would be happy to assist in helping you get either of them if it is within my power. Shoot me a PM if that's something you would like.
hchiyan0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2020, 11:27 AM   #13
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Maruchan22, not sure if it helps or not. But AP Dallas opened, when passing through saw someone trying on both the 26315 blue subdial and 26331 white with black subdial but didn't buy.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2020, 01:06 PM   #14
aw9nineteen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks man. I am only going for the panda dial for both 26315 and 26331 and have been waiting since mid last year. No idea why other people were able to get it so quickly as a new customers.

I was offered a panda 26315 after about a week of speaking to the Manager. It was in April and has since been sold. I am looking for a Silver 15500 or, believe it or not, the Diver

aw9nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2020, 04:17 PM   #15
h.to
"TRF" Member

Quote:
haha thanks. I don't have any AP unfortunately. So I guess I will have to go to a grey dealer.
I think unfortunately you'll have to make your first AP purchase from AP boutique. I was in similar case as you earlier in the year. Looking to buy 15500 but pretty much played the "fill out the info card, wait on list" game. Unfortunately I think they just store those cards for marketing research as I noticed they had a whole stack in the drawer. I doubt they'll go anywhere.

Cheers and good luck. Maybe a good idea to hit up a bro that has recent purchase history to help you out. props to hchiyan0925 for offering
h.to is offline   Reply With Quote