The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 6 June 2020, 11:17 AM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Seals Model A - Royal Oak / Ingenieur Style Microbrand Watch

I've had my eyes on this watch for a while now and I've been following Seals on social media for a while, but wasn't convinced enough to pay the full retail price of $800 for this watch. I recently managed to find one pre-owned for a pretty good deal so I finally pulled the trigger. I've had it for a few days now and I'm really impressed by the design and build quality, but I'm afraid it might be a tad big for my skinny 6.25" wrists.

I've made a video of it here if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/v1wpKfgCI78

The overall design is heavily influenced by Gerald Genta and 1970s watchmaking. The bezel design reminds me of the AP Royal Oak a bit and the side profile looks a bit like the IWC Ingenieur 3239. I like that this is inspired by, and not a copy of.

I've written a full review of the watch here: https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...odel-a-review/

To quickly summarize for those not interested in clicking links - the things I like about it:
  • Doesn't look excessively 'homage'-y. There's plenty of unique design elements that help it stand on it's own feet
  • Dial is stunning
  • Overall build quality is great

Things that I haven't warmed up to:
  • Weird amount of lume on the hands that really serve no purpose
  • Limited articulation on links makes it hard for folks with narrow wrists such as myself

Here's some pictures of it:

Thanks for reading/watching/looking!

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gerald genta , microbrand , model , review , seals