The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 March 2019, 03:04 PM   #31
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
If you're in one of the many no-go zones in Europe, don't wear a Rolex.
Soooo....what are your no-go zones in Europe?
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 03:37 PM   #32
Jimmy Jam Jam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bleu/Noir
Coming from someone who's been mugged twice once at night 1 am and once half 5 in the afternoon,

It really is down to your awareness and i wouldn't say common sense (not sure how to phrase this) but its like other say ur not gonna walk alone at nigh at 3am with an expensive items whether it be a watch or etc. haha,

Places too if i go to places i have a little read up on the area and you will get an idea, if i go bangkok i take my handy casio with me xD because i know im going to meet up with my friends and we're gonna hit the bars and get late taxis home.

But hey thats just me =D
Jimmy Jam Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 01:51 AM   #33
rolexinfl
"TRF" Member

Situational awareness and learning the behaviors of criminals, learned skills.

This is copied from an american firearms forum, so I dont think I can post the link to the discussion here, but read this:

Removed. PM me if anyone wants a link
rolexinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 02:07 AM   #34
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexinfl View Post

This is copied from an american firearms forum, so I dont think I can post the link to the discussion here, but read this:
so what makes you think it appropriate here.?..G, ghetto, thugs etc so its pretty clearly racial... "academics and elites" so its political too as thats a dog whistle term too
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:04 AM   #35
rolexinfl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
so what makes you think it appropriate here.?..G, ghetto, thugs etc so its pretty clearly racial... "academics and elites" so its political too as thats a dog whistle term too
Because the OP asked about stolen rolex prevention and that posting covers it very well.

You are projecting right now and its showing badly, do us a favor and dont inject your biases and personal views into a very information posting that can help people in the future.

how about this? Since you dont approve of it, I removed it for you, and people can PM me personally if they want to read it. That way your feelings wont be hurt.
Old 27 March 2019, 03:31 AM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because the OP asked about stolen rolex prevention and that posting covers it very well.

You are projecting right now and its showing badly, do us a favor and dont inject your biases and personal views into a very information posting that can help people in the future.

how about this? Since you dont approve of it, I removed it for you, and people can PM me personally if they want to read it. That way your feelings wont be hurt.
you posted a racial, pro gun, political article on a watch forum in violation of several rules.

we don't come here for that. And someone goes there every time, like they cant help themselves. surprised it took this long

Personally i dont care you have those views anyway. Its the poster that seems to always get away with it though, then its the people who take offense and get all riled up that end up getting infractions. Thank you for taking it down if only to prevent members from getting banned replying
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 27 March 2019, 03:33 AM   #37
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
Ask each country rep where they feel the no-go zones are. Keep in mind these zones change over time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:38 AM   #38
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
TBH the only time in 8 years i felt uncomfortable in London was last week in Hatton Garden (the diamond and jewelry area).

Ive been everywhere in the city pretty much and that place takes the cake. So many people loitering around the jewelry shops on cellphones and groups of people at the corners etc. Everyone going in these shops has money or something valuable so i was totally sketched out. I was getting watches valued at the time for insurance and everyone is just standing on the street watching people come in and out.

thats the only time i get self conscious anyway when its pretty clear you are there to do business and people see you do it. I would wear any watch any time in the city normally as doing normal things you do disappear into the crowds. You are not specifically going to a place where people can then target you. Kind of like going into and out of a bank with a giant duffle bag. Its just asking people to notice.
Old 27 March 2019, 03:40 AM   #39
cat1pro
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Removed. PM me if anyone wants a link
some good advice in here...and down here in FL just watch the news to remind you that 20yr old ladies will steal your rolex in a second.
cat1pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 05:23 AM   #40
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
TBH the only time in 8 years i felt uncomfortable in London was last week in Hatton Garden (the diamond and jewelry area).

Ive been everywhere in the city pretty much and that place takes the cake. So many people loitering around the jewelry shops on cellphones and groups of people at the corners etc. Everyone going in these shops has money or something valuable so i was totally sketched out. I was getting watches valued at the time for insurance and everyone is just standing on the street watching people come in and out.

thats the only time i get self conscious anyway when its pretty clear you are there to do business and people see you do it. I would wear any watch any time in the city normally as doing normal things you do disappear into the crowds. You are not specifically going to a place where people can then target you. Kind of like going into and out of a bank with a giant duffle bag. Its just asking people to notice.

There are a lot of security people about. One time I was there I watched two guys in plain clothes literally follow someone out one door, up the road and into another door then radioed something through. Who knows how many millions he was carrying wrapped in paper squares.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 05:28 AM   #41
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
There are a lot of security people about. One time I was there I watched two guys in plain clothes literally follow someone out one door, up the road and into another door then radioed something through. Who knows how many millions he was carrying wrapped in paper squares.
the guys i saw didn't look like they were security. I was totally paranoid anyway as once you get a bad vibe you cant do anything to make it normal again. So i didn't even hang around after to window shop. too bad because its got a lot of nice shops.
Old 30 March 2019, 12:43 AM   #42
lovetherolex
Banned

Quote:

I may not personally agree with what was described there but there really is no reason to have taken it down. You were not discussing taboo items, and you’re not forcing anyone to click on a link, but you were providing potentially life saving information. People are not going to PM you for it, they’re just going to miss the information.

Whoever was complaining about it is not a moderator, and we do have moderators here so if they want moderator jobs they can get them, but you don’t need to take down potentially useful information because an entitled person might be offended. That’s not respectable, and Tyler1980, you make yourself very vocal all over the forums and that’s good for watches, but you shouldn’t be attempting to suppress useful information that could save someone’s life based on your personal views. When did you become so afraid? Some alarming things coming up the last few days, afraid to go 1kph over the speed limit, afraid of eating meat, beanpole status, now offended by a link and want to limit the spread of useful information for anyone that wants it...time to back it off buddy. We need to get some testosterone in you, at least get you some guy friends outside of the forums, the soyboy thing isn’t a good look for anyone. Telling you as a friend man, it’s time to man up, and if you don’t want to do that it’s your prerogative, but no need to spread your own fearfulness around here, you could be limiting information that could genuinely save someone’s life. Stop it.

Rolexinfl, I would personally appreciate if you would put the link back up for the greater good and if the mods have an issue with it they won’t hesitate to communicate that.
lovetherolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2019, 12:45 AM   #43
lovetherolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1pro View Post
some good advice in here...and down here in FL just watch the news to remind you that 20yr old ladies will steal your rolex in a second.
He should put the link back up so we can read it if we want.

This thread is called “Stolen rolexes prevention”, not “Hurt internet feelings prevention”.
lovetherolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2019, 12:48 AM   #44
rolexinfl
"TRF" Member

How about this, here is a video on pre-assault indicators from a very reputable security trainer that is NOT CENTRALLY FOCUSED on firearm usage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPbCw9pV90c

EVERYONE can learn from this video.