The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 12 September 2017, 08:33 PM   #1
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
PAM 372 documents.

I noticed yesterday that the certificate booklet that comes with my used 372 refers to a Radiomir Black Seal on its cover. Should I be concerned?

Everything else is perfect. The inside of the booklet looks correct with the case and movement numbers matching and refers to model 372. There is the name of the original purchaser and the stamp of the Panerai boutique where it was originally purchased. It's only the cover that is incorrect.

The movement stickers are also present and tie in with movement number. The original cardboard outer box is also present with the correct code. And the watch itself is perfect.

I also bought from a reputable dealer who has good feedback on Chrono24 and from whom I have bought before.

But I'm paranoid as there are some very good fakes around with fake documents. On the other hand it makes no sense for someone to make such a good fake and then put the name of the wrong watch on the booklet so I am inclined to think there is some mundane reason for this discrepancy.

Any views from our resident Panerai experts.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 September 2017, 11:44 PM   #2
nick c
Banned

Here is mine, bought brand new

nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 11:44 PM   #3
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
Here is mine, bought brand new

Old 12 September 2017, 11:46 PM   #4
nick c
Banned

Something is very wrong with your papers/ booklets, maybe contact the seller see what he's going to say

Old 13 September 2017, 12:20 AM   #5
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Thanks chaps. I emailed the seller and he got back to me in 5 minutes. He said he had seen this before where Panerai have stickered the information into a booklet with the wrong cover. He told me not worry - the watch is still covered by the manufacturers warranty (it is only a December 2016 model) and if I contacted Panerai they would put the booklet right for me.
Old 13 September 2017, 12:43 AM   #6
nick c
Banned

I found a few pics from google, on your pic the left booklet should be fine, the right with radiomir defiantly need to be changed IMG_5907.JPG

Old 13 September 2017, 01:14 AM   #7
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Thanks Nick. Panerai are opening a London boutique in November so I will take the booklet to them when they are open and see about getting it changed.
Old 13 September 2017, 03:55 AM   #8
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I think someone simply put the wrong booklet in your box..it is slightly annoying for you that this has happened but I wouldn't worry that your watch is fake or anything.
Everything else is absolutely spot on - the outer brown card board box and everything look exactly same type/print text as my 673..different watch I know but the style is the same if that makes sense.

There could be numerous reasons why this has happened.

The boutique it was originally purchased from could have accidently mixed up the booklets. Imagine a customer came in asking to look at several different models at once and all the box's and booklets etc were spread all over the desk....

Also, would it be unreasonable to assume the original owner had more than one Pan? Maybe he inadvertently mixed up the books one day whilst admiring his fine collection.

All I am saying is don't stress that your watch is fake just because the wrong booklet is in the box.

Just enjoy your beautiful time piece and try not to let this small thing spoil your enjoyment

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 05:36 AM   #9
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
I think someone simply put the wrong booklet in your box..it is slightly annoying for you that this has happened but I wouldn't worry that your watch is fake or anything.
Everything else is absolutely spot on - the outer brown card board box and everything look exactly same type/print text as my 673..different watch I know but the style is the same if that makes sense.

There could be numerous reasons why this has happened.

The boutique it was originally purchased from could have accidently mixed up the booklets. Imagine a customer came in asking to look at several different models at once and all the box's and booklets etc were spread all over the desk....

Also, would it be unreasonable to assume the original owner had more than one Pan? Maybe he inadvertently mixed up the books one day whilst admiring his fine collection.

All I am saying is don't stress that your watch is fake just because the wrong booklet is in the box.

Just enjoy your beautiful time piece and try not to let this small thing spoil your enjoyment

Thank you - good advice.
Old 13 September 2017, 06:32 AM   #10
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Thank you - good advice.
No probs - now let's see some pics of that awesome 372

instagram: max.parkin