The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2024, 01:07 AM   #61
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Still display only in Tenerife and recently in Barcelona Alicante & Málaga
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 02:43 AM   #62
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
Brit Pearce. She's as clueless now as she was when she made a video about how easy it is to get pandas at retail, people shouldn't buy them grey, and then soon after told the world her annual salary was around £25,000.
I can't stand her videos. Claims to be an average Joe. However, he husband clearly has a large spend. Puts all this stuff on the internet about how easy it is to get a Daytona. Ahhh
Giovannibravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 03:10 AM   #63
favx
2024 Pledge Member

That's great news for all watch lovers. I hope it won't stop abruptly.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 03:19 AM   #64
Apdl
"TRF" Member

Looking at the grey market, once prices come down to near retail its going to make it hard for the flippers to scoop up all the new inventory
Apdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 03:57 AM   #65
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
Pre-COVID PM pieces were readily available, you could get any DD you wanted and most DJs. Steel sports models were still hard to get. From what I see locally, the only models readily available are the ones people don’t want and I passed on them a few times (YM’s, two-tone DJs, sea-dwellers). So no, the drought is far from over
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:13 AM   #66
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Honestly, I have no idea what she was saying. I couldn’t stop looking at her teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:20 AM   #67
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
I can't stand her videos. Claims to be an average Joe. However, he husband clearly has a large spend. Puts all this stuff on the internet about how easy it is to get a Daytona. Ahhh
Yep - anyone on Youtube who is telling you how easy it is to get xyz by following these three steps is full of it.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:29 AM   #68
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
Now that you mention it, I think you are correct. Her husband does have a big spend collection and, as a result, what they can get from ADs, is probably totally different from what the average person can.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:31 AM   #69
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what she was saying. I couldn’t stop looking at her teeth

Please save me the view … does she have good teeth or bad teeth?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:39 AM   #70
lenversducadran
"TRF" Member

In Switzerland I got offered an explo two tone in November. But those pieces are not hot. AD said hat sometimes there are some DJs in steel available but quite rare. I don't think there is a change in anything to be honest. It's going to be very long until there is a steel GMT in a display case
lenversducadran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:42 AM   #71
OTX
"TRF" Member

After I read this thread and watched the video, I headed straight to my AD. I walked in with confidence. My head was held so high that my neck hurt a little.

He said hi, how can I help you. I said before you decide to play any games, I’ve watched the video and I know wassup so let’s cut the BS and get down to business. I told him I would like a Pepsi and a white Daytona. He told me to wait there and he’ll be right back. My knees got weak and my heart started beating fast and I also peed a little on myself from the excitement. To my surprise, he comes back with 2 security guards. One holds me from the back of my tshirt and the other from the back of my pants giving me a massive painful wedgie. They carried me and threw me outside. Not cool at all!. Didn’t expect this from Rolex.

Ok just kidding. I did go and had a chat with the AD and he said not much has changed as far as the ss pieces. Still very hard to get.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:56 AM   #72
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Now that you mention it, I think you are correct. Her husband does have a big spend collection and, as a result, what they can get from ADs, is probably totally different from what the average person can.
Obviously, nothing wrong with having a big spend, but yeah , the "just wait , they are available at AD's" thing can come off as a little patronizing.

I remember a video where her husband went and picked up his new FP Journe which was lifted the same day from his backpack. There was actually a movement to start a GFM to compensate them for their loss (NOT initiated by them). I was like, "AYFKM"?

Considering their spend (not the husbands spend , THEIR spend) and her presence as a top 10 watch influencer, there is virtually nothing that they can't get.

As far as this video goes. I don't get it. So some bi metal and precious metal references that are available at grey discount can now be had w/o wait at AD's? These were mostly references that could be had with very little wait even during periods of highest demand.

Here's what would actually get me pretty excited.

1. Multiple sub 15K references readily available at retail. This includes an assortment of DJ's, TT subs, maybe some 40 YM's, an occasional AK, EXP II black dial or EXP36.

2. Hotter stainless models readily available in under three months to most retail customers. This includes subs, non BLRO GMT's, white dial Explorer II's, and blue/green fluted 40 DJ's.

I'd be over the moon with just that, I don't need 2015 normal to be pumped.

I just don't see too much to be excited about right now, heck, I tend to think a lot of the models she is seeing in the window right now were just sitting in the safe waiting to be strategically offered as high priced conciliatory models the past few years.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:58 AM   #73
SunkenSub
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacamack View Post
I got a BLNR on Christmas Eve as a walk in, had bought an OP39 from the same AD 8 years previous.
Where in the UK was this?
SunkenSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:13 AM   #74
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
Brit Pearce. She's as clueless now as she was when she made a video about how easy it is to get pandas at retail, people shouldn't buy them grey, and then soon after told the world her annual salary was around £25,000.
Isn't she the one that started a GoFundMe for her husband's stolen FPJourne?
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:18 AM   #75
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post
Isn't she the one that started a GoFundMe for her husband's stolen FPJourne?
Yes, that wasn’t the best choice for her rep. The comments under that video exploded. It is really stupid to do that. I understand it’s painfull to lose a expensive watch but asking for your viewers to donate it is beyond ridiculous.
Rolex1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:21 AM   #76
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
This thread needs photos.

https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/wa...arce-p_100123/
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:23 AM   #77
Liza
Banned

For what it’s worth, i received an Oysterflex PN dial Daytona as my first watch from my AD. Something that was unheard of 1 year ago.
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:40 AM   #78
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
She’s just average, if guys are watching her videos for her looks I just have to say there’s a lot of thirsty men out there
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:41 AM   #79
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

Bad . Real bad.

Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:48 AM   #80
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex1982 View Post
Yes, that wasn’t the best choice for her rep. The comments under that video exploded. It is really stupid to do that. I understand it’s painfull to lose a expensive watch but asking for your viewers to donate it is beyond ridiculous.
Wow. I'd go so far to say that it wasn't just stupid, but rather predatory.

I tried to watch Youtube watch figureheads about two years ago. I tried the watch dealers, watch reviewers, and even the editorials from companies like Hodinkee. Honestly I was amazed at how many content publishers were out there.

I lost all interest within a week. A few themes emerged:
1. As Padi famously says, watches have become little more than $ objects. Couldn't have been said any better. Dealers looking to flip watches for immediate profits, Ferrari's, luxury brands, 'flexing,' it's all too much in this 'hobby.' Perception over substance...

2. They're all repetitive. They seem to publish similar stuff, mostly based on pricing, speculation, etc. For those looking to get deep into a topic, like me, would likely be left with much to be desired from these figureheads. If you're looking for mindless stimulation, however, you might have struck gold

3. I'm from the belief that to put your face out there to publish information that's not all that important or researched, you might be slightly narcissistic. Some of the 'personalities' in the watch YouTube space that I saw were so full of themselves, as if they created a product that could cure cancer. Last I checked, they merely brokered Veblen goods. Strange to me. Where's the humility?

4. Many seemed like they recently entered 'the game' likely trying to make a living, or ride the coattails of the clearly affluent subset of individuals that take an interest in watches. I could be wrong

All that said, back to Mark Felton
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 05:49 AM   #81
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apdl View Post
Looking at the grey market, once prices come down to near retail its going to make it hard for the flippers to scoop up all the new inventory
Try reselling to a Grey, and you’ll find values are not far off MSRP, if not below. Not sure why flippers bother anymore
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 07:20 AM   #82
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
She’s just average, if guys are watching her videos for her looks I just have to say there’s a lot of thirsty men out there

There are a lot of thirsty men out there. Parched to the bone.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 07:53 AM   #83
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I tried to watch Youtube watch figureheads about two years ago. I tried the watch dealers, watch reviewers, and even the editorials from companies like Hodinkee. Honestly I was amazed at how many content publishers were out there.

1. As Padi famously says, watches have become little more than $ objects. Couldn't have been said any better. Dealers looking to flip watches for immediate profits, Ferrari's, luxury brands, 'flexing,' it's all too much in this 'hobby.' Perception over substance...

2. They're all repetitive. They seem to publish similar stuff, mostly based on pricing, speculation, etc. For those looking to get deep into a topic, like me, would likely be left with much to be desired from these figureheads. If you're looking for mindless stimulation, however, you might have struck gold

3. I'm from the belief that to put your face out there to publish information that's not all that important or researched, you might be slightly narcissistic. Some of the 'personalities' in the watch YouTube space that I saw were so full of themselves, as if they created a product that could cure cancer. Last I checked, they merely brokered Veblen goods. Strange to me. Where's the humility?

4. Many seemed like they recently entered 'the game' likely trying to make a living, or ride the coattails of the clearly affluent subset of individuals that take an interest in watches. I could be wrong

Tim Mosso's content on the WatchBox Studios channel. A walking encyclopedia. Freakish, really. At the end of the day it is his job to sell watches but Tim's a great guy who is truly passionate about watches (and cars).

Alexander Linz does a great job reviewing new watch releases on the WatchAdvisor channel. High quality video, very thorough, no BS.

Hafiz J Mehmood: he's not going to crank out video after video, but when he does upload one they are outstanding. Very in depth information and side-by-side comparisons. Much of his content is reviewing Rolex.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 07:54 AM   #84
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Black daytona ceramic and OP celebration dial here i come
Doubt it... but good luck
rolesor2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 07:55 AM   #85
Pacamack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunkenSub View Post
Where in the UK was this?
Windsor.
Pacamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:35 AM   #86
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:

Yes i see the same trend as you. They all jump on the hype train and to some degree it is logical to do so because it most likely get them views/clicks.

There are a view exceptions, Tim Mosso first comes to mind but also some content from WatchCollectorsUk i like and here in the Netherlands KOV king of vintage Jasper Lijferink has some occasional good content. At the end of the day all three sell watches but also really have a passion for it.

Britt is kinda passionate about watches and not just the hype stuff but that GoFundMe was indeed almost predatory. I think she almost immediately took it offline after the backlash but the harm was already done.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Rolex1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:40 AM   #87
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
I don't think she's too bad on the eye.
But far from me to place a value on a woman based purely on her looks.
I do wonder what she is like to hang out with on a day to day basis
I mean, is she as annoying to live with as she seemingly comes across on Youtube?
Is it a reasonable reflection of her true personality?
If so, then I think I might not last very long before I did something like go and buy an acerage to spend a lot of time mowing and improve the turf/lawn
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 06:59 PM   #88
Flint
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Once watches are available at MSRP that means the Market Value is likely 10-15% less. This is how it was pre-covid, your neighborhood grey had good stock of BNIB watches with an easy discount. Only those who liked the AD chocolate and sparkly wine shopped there (ie. they were building a 'relationship')
Thats me ! Regardless of discounts wouldn't risk buying anywhere other than AD and I have been around long enough to remember those discounts
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 07:31 PM   #89
grimps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilAviate View Post
Why would Rolex care? Their sale is to the dealer, once the dealer has it in their store Rolex has been paid and plays no further part.
Also most models held their value well, and tracked steadily upwards with the annual price increases, which is good.
Used items should be less than new. Why do you expect a used item to be worth the same or more than a new item still in production?
Because if the devalue the brand by producing millions more models people would stop buying Rolex , the same thing happened to Panerai years ago
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:19 AM   #90
PhilAviate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
Because if the devalue the brand by producing millions more models people would stop buying Rolex , the same thing happened to Panerai years ago
Nonsense. Rolex have had a powerful brand for close to 100 years now. For 97 of those years watches were available immediately and often for a discount.

The brand has been devalued in the eye of many long standing customers because of the way the dealers have acted the last 3 years.

Rolex clearly want to make and sell more, that's why they are opening new factories.
PhilAviate is offline   Reply With Quote