The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 April 2020, 02:41 AM   #5131
SearChart
TechXpert
 
SearChart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Was that fair Bas?
Was his initial post fair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexatlast View Post
This kind of proves my point - itís never their fault, everyone else has a duty to give them anything they want and to make them happy.

If they screw up, then blame the older generation

Victim culture
Yet you do the exact same.. but blame the young generation. The pot calling the kettle black...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Rolex uses rare elves to polish the platinum. They have a union deal and make like $90 per hour and get time and half on weekends.
SearChart is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 02:41 AM   #5132
BigBlue1
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
BigBlue1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Real Name: Webmaster
Location: Space
Watch: it pal !
Posts: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Agree, no conspiracy. This was either zoonotic or accidental discharge from a health lab. There is no evidence of a conspiracy.

In the end, all conspiracy theories are based on a group of people being smart enough to conspire and disciplined enough to keep a secret. My experience is that most people are neither.

Stay Safe.
Same goes for 9/11.
__________________
" Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford".
Cindy Crawford

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 02:46 AM   #5133
mountainjogger
2023 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Real Name: H
Location: North Carolina
Watch: M99230B-0008
Posts: 5,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Same goes for 9/11.
Agree BigBlue.

Stay safe.
__________________
The King of Cool.
mountainjogger is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 02:47 AM   #5134
mountainjogger
2023 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Real Name: H
Location: North Carolina
Watch: M99230B-0008
Posts: 5,651
This is an interesting article regarding the possible vs. likely origins of Covid-19. And to me is is frightening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a6d_story.html

Stay safe.
__________________
The King of Cool.
mountainjogger is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 02:48 AM   #5135
BigBlue1
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
BigBlue1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Real Name: Webmaster
Location: Space
Watch: it pal !
Posts: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Agree BigBlue.

Stay safe.
You as well,

The 9/11 conspiracy and all it would take to pull it off and now one of this magnitude.
Imagine if we could incorporate politics into the Pandemic conversation.

Steve would be pushing delete and running for the hills.
you as well
__________________
" Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford".
Cindy Crawford

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:06 AM   #5136
Phooi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I certainly agree - this is no conspiracy.

In fact, the simulation being cited took the basic 2009 Swine Flu real world pandemic into case work. Changed the venue from Asia and/or Mexico to Brazil and made it more virulent than other options to build resilient brainstorming among the participants.

Kudos to Johns Hopkins for their prescience.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Agree, no conspiracy. This was either zoonotic or accidental discharge from a health lab. There is no evidence of a conspiracy.

In the end, all conspiracy theories are based on a group of people being smart enough to conspire and disciplined enough to keep a secret. My experience is that most people are neither.

Stay Safe.
Same here. No conspiracy. Here is Bill Gates TED talk titled, ďthe next outbreak? Weíre not preparedĒ.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI

This was in 2015. If anything, the right word would be prescient.
Phooi is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:10 AM   #5137
77T
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,859
the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
Same here. No conspiracy. Here is Bill Gates TED talk titled, ďthe next outbreak? Weíre not preparedĒ.


This was in 2015. If anything, the right word would be prescient.


While I didnít necessarily like him as a competitor, he has turned the corner from self-centered to benevolent.

I fixed your YT link because the TED Talk is worth seeing.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:14 AM   #5138
superdog
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
superdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real Name: Seth
Location: nj
Watch: Omega
Posts: 23,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
While I didnít necessarily like him as a competitor, he has turned the corner from self-centered to benevolent.

I fixed your YT link because the TED Talk is worth seeing.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You compete against Bill Gates?

Who are you dude???
__________________
If happiness is a state of mind, why look anywhere else for it?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:17 AM   #5139
Patton250
"TRF" Member
 
Patton250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real Name: Brett
Location: Florida
Watch: 5205R
Posts: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
I understand your sarcasm but feel it is unwarranted. I am just baffled at the response as clearly mistakes have been made and continue to be made at a lot of costs, lives being the greatest.
I give you my word of honor Iím not being sarcastic. I genuinely would like to know what your thoughts are on that because people are not going to stay home. Itís not going to happen.
__________________
Morality does not derive from consensus. It only comes from one place.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:18 AM   #5140
77T
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,859
the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
You compete against Bill Gates?



Who are you dude???


Competed - as in past tense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:19 AM   #5141
superdog
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
superdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real Name: Seth
Location: nj
Watch: Omega
Posts: 23,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Competed - as in past tense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same question brother.
__________________
If happiness is a state of mind, why look anywhere else for it?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:22 AM   #5142
77T
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Conspiracy theories or not .

The UN has been calling for a NWO for a very long time!

Bush 1 mentioned it back in 1990 , WHO and

other organizations now including the Pope probably

soon will chant the mantra .

I ask you Paul in all sincerity, does this global

pandemic draw us closer to a NWO where

big brother is in charge of all or not ?

Controlling our health decisions, new traveling demands

probably a new biometric chip vaccine in the works all

in the name of safety ... With our freedom at cost .

No , thereís no going back after this . This was the straw

that broke the camels concerning our liberty as we knew it .

Peace , love and prayers for all ...


Iím not getting into that convo - and please put down the Kool-Aid pitcher - first 5G, now NWO?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:27 AM   #5143
77T
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Same question brother.


itís so off topic and happened in the early Ď80ís to be irrelevant here.

But I now respect his current efforts and what heís done with the Foundation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:28 AM   #5144
Blansky
2023 Pledge Member
 
Blansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: swmnpoolsmovie*
Posts: 8,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
This is an interesting article regarding the possible vs. likely origins of Covid-19. And to me is is frightening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a6d_story.html

Stay safe.
Covid-19 was started by dogs. There is plenty of evidence of this.

In fact, it may be backfiring because they are getting so much attention and so many walks a day now, that they may begin to rethink it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timeout_6434846.jpg (109.8 KB, 148 views)
Blansky is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:29 AM   #5145
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I give you my word of honor Iím not being sarcastic. I genuinely would like to know what your thoughts are on that because people are not going to stay home. Itís not going to happen.
People already are staying home. Never understand the argument that if you cannot get 100% compliance its not worth doing, or that you must have some sort of police state to make sure there is 100% compliance. Doing pretty well without the heavy hand of the police and military.

https://citymapper.com/cmi/nyc

On march 2 100% of NYC residents "moved" or were "moving" beyond their homes. On April 3 it was 6%. Nobody being arrested. Parks not closed. People acting in their own best interest.
SMD is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:31 AM   #5146
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,506
Nothing like a pandemic to bring out all the tinfoil hat people. But it helps to refine the ignore list by ferreting out the cranks.
SMD is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:31 AM   #5147
Patton250
"TRF" Member
 
Patton250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real Name: Brett
Location: Florida
Watch: 5205R
Posts: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
People already are staying home. Never understand the argument that if you cannot get 100% compliance its not worth doing, or that you must have some sort of police state to make sure there is 100% compliance. Doing pretty well without the heavy hand of the police and military.

https://citymapper.com/cmi/nyc

On march 2 100% of NYC residents "moved" or were "moving" beyond their homes. On April 3 it was 6%. Nobody being arrested. Parks not closed. People acting in their own best interest.
You were saying?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...es-11586008801
__________________
Morality does not derive from consensus. It only comes from one place.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:32 AM   #5148
Patton250
"TRF" Member
 
Patton250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real Name: Brett
Location: Florida
Watch: 5205R
Posts: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Nothing like a pandemic to bring out all the tinfoil hat people. But it helps to refine the ignore list by ferreting out the cranks.
Of course calling people you disagree with names always helps. Right right back at you.
__________________
Morality does not derive from consensus. It only comes from one place.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:32 AM   #5149
77T
2023 Rolex DAYTONA Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 38,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Covid-19 was started by dogs. There is plenty of evidence of this.



In fact, it may be backfiring because they are getting so much attention and so many walks a day now, that they may begin to rethink it.




The little people on Mars know who is dominant on Earth. They see how the humans cater to Dogs every need, feed them, bathe them, are led by them down the road by the leash...last and not least we follow and pick up their poop for them...

Yes, the Martians know who is in charge...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:35 AM   #5150
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
So that dispels the notion that people are staying home how? You said people would not stay home. I provided data that they were.
SMD is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:36 AM   #5151
Blansky
2023 Pledge Member
 
Blansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: swmnpoolsmovie*
Posts: 8,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
The United Nations wanting a one world government or as you call it ďNew World orderĒ is no secret. Theyíre not shy about saying that itís their desire for that all the time. Itís most certainly not a conspiracy theory. There are hundreds of legitimate articles on it with actual world leaders advocating for it all over the place. The above mentioned Bill Gates is absolutely on board for that and is not shy to say so. Now whether this current virus crisis catapults us closer to that remains to be seen.
Oh dear. It's Illuminati time.

https://www.amazon.com/Archie-McPhee...6021598&sr=8-1
Blansky is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:37 AM   #5152
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Iím not getting into that convo - and please put down the Kool-Aid pitcher - first 5G, now NWO?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
The United Nations wanting a one world government or as you call it ďNew World orderĒ is no secret. Theyíre not shy about saying that itís their desire for that all the time. Itís most certainly not a conspiracy theory. There are hundreds of legitimate articles on it with actual world leaders advocating for it all over the place. The above mentioned Bill Gates is absolutely on board for that and is not shy to say so. Now whether this current virus crisis catapults us closer to that remains to be seen.
I hope not but as you say we shall see.
Yet some say Iím drinking Kool Aid.
Iím definitely not drinking theirs.
superstarmar is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:38 AM   #5153
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Of course calling people you disagree with names always helps. Right right back at you.
Some things are objective not subjective. Earth is flat. Vaccines cause autism. These thing are objectively wrong, not a belief or disagreement.

Last edited by SMD; 5 April 2020 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: Edited for clarity
SMD is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:40 AM   #5154
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
itís so off topic and happened in the early Ď80ís to be irrelevant here.

But I now respect his current efforts and what heís done with the Foundation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I understand...
superstarmar is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:44 AM   #5155
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Sal
Location: London
Posts: 2,496
Some of my compatriots have decided that destroying critical telecommunications infrastructure is the way forward. Brilliant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
__________________
ďNever argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
Zakalwe is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:45 AM   #5156
Bearxj86
2023 Pledge Member
 
Bearxj86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Watch: 3970
Posts: 3,594
Saw this story and liked it :) Maybe gives us a little hope in these dire times.

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted.

Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher. The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer. The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op. The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit. The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner. The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.
Bearxj86 is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:46 AM   #5157
SMD
"TRF" Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 3,506
And for those in this thread that have made the comparison to the flu, this chart is for you. The worst week ever for flu hospitalizations compared to one week for COVID in NYS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 90.jpeg (31.2 KB, 139 views)
SMD is offline  
Old 5 April 2020, 03:59 AM   #5158
GB-man
2023 Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 35,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post


The little people on Mars know who is dominant on Earth. They see how the humans cater to Dogs every need, feed them, bathe them, are led by them down the road by the leash...last and not least we follow and pick up their poop for them...

Yes, the Martians know who is in charge...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
GB-man is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 04:01 AM   #5159
GB-man
2023 Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 35,628
x box series x is due out this fall 2020. Bill gates owns Microsoft. He probably started COVID19 to boost sales.

Please discuss
__________________
GB-man is online now  
Old 5 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #5160
RWH
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

I can assure you most New Yorkers are not burglars so I don't see how that is a good example of the General public. I just stepped out a couple of hours ago to pick up medication for my mother from the pharmacy and it's pretty much a ghost town with barely anyone on the streets
RWH is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.