The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 January 2023, 11:52 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
For those seeking to avoid the endless scroll

1. LONDON
2. PARIS
3. NEW-YORK
4. TOKYO
5. DUBAI
6. BARCELONA
7. ROME
8. MADRID
9. SINGAPORE
10. AMSTERDAM
11. PRAGUE
12. LOS-ANGELES
13. CHICAGO
14. SAN-FRANCISCO
15. BERLIN
16. HONG-KONG
17. WASHINGTON
18. BEIJING
19. DUBLIN
20. ISTANBUL
21. LAS-VEGAS
22. MILAN
23. BUDAPEST
24. TORONTO
25. SYDNEY
26. SEOUL
27. DOHA
28. ABU-DHABI
29. OSAKA
30. BANGKOK
31. VIENNA
32. SAN-DIEGO
33. SAO-PAULO
34. MELBOURNE
35. ZURICH
36. BOSTON
37. LISBON
38. WARSAW
39. SEATTLE
40. ORLANDO
41. MUNICH
42. HOUSTON
43. AUSTIN
44. BUENOS-AIRES
45. NAPLES
46. COPENHAGEN
47. DALLAS
48. HELSINKI
49. FRANKFURT
50. ATLANTA
51. STOCKHOLM
52. MIAMI
53. ATHENS
54. RIO-DE-JANEIRO
55. HAMBURG
56. DENVER
57. MONTREAL
58. BRUSSELS
59. TEL-AVIV
60. OSLO
61. TAIPEI
62. VALENCIA
63. MINNEAPOLIS
64. PHILADELPHIA
65. CALGARY
66. PORTLAND
67. NASHVILLE
68. AUCKLAND
69. VANCOUVER
70. SANTIAGO
71. MEXICO-CITY
72. MUMBAI
73. SHANGHAI
74. SAN-JOSE
75. LYON
76. BILBAO
77. LIVERPOOL
78. NEW-ORLEANS
79. BRISBANE
80. MANCHESTER
81. FUKUOKA
82. SEVILLE
83. RIYADH
84. JERUSALEM
85. NANJING
86. MINSK
87. SALT-LAKE-CITY
88. PHOENIX
89. JAKARTA
90. GOTEBORG
91. PERTH
92. GLASGOW
93. NAGOYA
94. BALTIMORE
95. STUTTGART
96. OTTAWA
97. HANOI
98. SENDAI
99. COLOGNE
100. MARSEILLE
Thx for compiling the list.
0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 12:02 AM   #32
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
"23. Budapest
The Old World beguiles in the Hungarian capital."

INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 12:26 AM   #33
fmc000
Banned

Just for fun, this is the list of the cities I visited so far:

1. LONDON
2. PARIS
3. NEW-YORK
6. BARCELONA
7. ROME
8. MADRID
10. AMSTERDAM
11. PRAGUE
12. LOS-ANGELES
14. SAN-FRANCISCO
19. DUBLIN
21. LAS-VEGAS
22. MILAN
31. VIENNA
35. ZURICH
40. ORLANDO
41. MUNICH
45. NAPLES
46. COPENHAGEN
51. STOCKHOLM
52. MIAMI
58. BRUSSELS
60. OSLO
62. VALENCIA
74. SAN-JOSE
75. LYON
82. SEVILLE
87. SALT-LAKE-CITY
95. STUTTGART
99. COLOGNE
100. MARSEILLE

31 out of 100 so far.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 12:45 AM   #34
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Can I wear my Rolex in any of these cities?

I’ve worn mine in Chicago and Orlando. Only had one issue in Chicago but it wasn’t watch related and came out unscathed.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 12:51 AM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I’ve worn mine in Chicago and Orlando. Only had one issue in Chicago but it wasn’t watch related and came out unscathed.

I was teasing. I’ve only been to 39 of those cities, but didn’t have any issues either. To each their own
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 01:07 AM   #36
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post

Just arrived at number 100 (current time 07.52) I'll report back when we come back onboard
Although I don't plan to see much of Marseille as I want to go to the musee de la moto today which is just on the edge of town

https://musees.marseille.fr/musee-de-la-moto-0
We walked 7km to the museum so saw not just the pretty touristic areas. (Which had people sleeping rough with even double mattresses on the pavements l guess a lot of big city dwellers are immune to such images these days..)

Top 100????

Jesus H Christ what's the rest like, how bad does it have to be to come in at number 250????

it's a very unappealing place to the point we gave up after the museum and got on a bus back to the boat.

Marseille has always had a bad reputation (a la The French connection) but seriously it's a hard no from me..

However the motorbikes were delightful if you like that kind of thing. Shame matey spoke no English and my French is worse so we went round unaccompanied. It would have been even better if we could have communicated past point and "UGG" as he could have imparted such knowledge of old continental motorbikes which to my great embarrassment appears missing.
I'd post Picts but the internet on the ship is as usual v.poor
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 01:14 AM   #37
Star Ferry
Banned

For any TRFers considering a trip to the US I’d advise giving Baltimore and New Orleans a pass entirely. If you must visit San Francisco, that’s fine, but don’t linger. These places are genuinely unsafe if you aren’t familiar with where the hot zones are.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 01:53 AM   #38
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
For any TRFers considering a trip to the US I’d advise giving Baltimore and New Orleans a pass entirely. If you must visit San Francisco, that’s fine, but don’t linger. These places are genuinely unsafe if you aren’t familiar with where the hot zones are.

I thought Baltimore was a terrible city 25 yrs ago. I can’t imagine what it is now.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 01:54 AM   #39
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
For those of you familiar with Baltimore, I was stunned to find out what has happened to the Inner Harbor area. Apparently, the 2 large retail buildings are now completely vacant. Is that true? Lots of great restaurants and shops there..So much fun...

I used to live in SE PA, and we would take day trips down there. It was once a fantastic place to visit. I live in FL now, but I am so sad to hear about that.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 02:06 AM   #40
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Hard no to San Francisco as well. A once world class city is basically unrecognizable from it's once splendid glory.
SDGT3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 02:14 AM   #41
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Hard no to San Francisco as well. A once world class city is basically unrecognizable from it's once splendid glory.
Philly too. I was born and raised in the Philly suburbs. I now live in St John's County, FL south of Jacksonville. Jacksonville is literally paradise compared to Philly.

I also recently visited Seattle. It was a dump. Couldn't believe all the homeless camps.
Old 7 January 2023, 03:24 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I was teasing. I’ve only been to 39 of those cities, but didn’t have any issues either. To each their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Just for fun, this is the list of the cities I visited so far:

1. LONDON
2. PARIS
3. NEW-YORK
6. BARCELONA
7. ROME
8. MADRID
10. AMSTERDAM
11. PRAGUE
12. LOS-ANGELES
14. SAN-FRANCISCO
19. DUBLIN
21. LAS-VEGAS
22. MILAN
31. VIENNA
35. ZURICH
40. ORLANDO
41. MUNICH
45. NAPLES
46. COPENHAGEN
51. STOCKHOLM
52. MIAMI
58. BRUSSELS
60. OSLO
62. VALENCIA
74. SAN-JOSE
75. LYON
82. SEVILLE
87. SALT-LAKE-CITY
95. STUTTGART
99. COLOGNE
100. MARSEILLE

31 out of 100 so far.
You guys have been busy lol. There's only one city not mentioned on this list that I'd like to visit [Ibiza].

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post
We walked 7km to the museum so saw not just the pretty touristic areas. (Which had people sleeping rough with even double mattresses on the pavements l guess a lot of big city dwellers are immune to such images these days..)

Top 100????

Jesus H Christ what's the rest like, how bad does it have to be to come in at number 250????

it's a very unappealing place to the point we gave up after the museum and got on a bus back to the boat.

Marseille has always had a bad reputation (a la The French connection) but seriously it's a hard no from me..

However the motorbikes were delightful if you like that kind of thing. Shame matey spoke no English and my French is worse so we went round unaccompanied. It would have been even better if we could have communicated past point and "UGG" as he could have imparted such knowledge of old continental motorbikes which to my great embarrassment appears missing.
I'd post Picts but the internet on the ship is as usual v.poor
Could you have used Google Translate?
Old 7 January 2023, 03:24 AM   #43
Banned

See Methodology, https://www.worldsbestcities.com/methodology/
Old 7 January 2023, 03:33 AM   #44
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Ha! San Diego, CA #32 That's Laughable! Way underrated.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 04:15 AM   #45
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
For those of you familiar with Baltimore, I was stunned to find out what has happened to the Inner Harbor area. Apparently, the 2 large retail buildings are now completely vacant. Is that true? Lots of great restaurants and shops there..So much fun...

I used to live in SE PA, and we would take day trips down there. It was once a fantastic place to visit. I live in FL now, but I am so sad to hear about that.
It’s a shame what happened to the inner harbor and the beautiful area there. It’s largely just left to destroy itself. Like a Warzone nowadays.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 04:20 AM   #46
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

Sad to hear that. It’s been a long long time since I last visited, but it was really a great spot back in the day.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 04:55 AM   #47
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Ha! San Diego, CA #32 That's Laughable! Way underrated.
You and I know that Larry but let’s keep telling everyone it really sucks here
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 05:12 AM   #48
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
3. SAN FRANCISCO, CA (In U.S.)

Job opportunities and infrastructure buildout pave the way as the world continues to rush in, despite the haters.

POPULATION
METRO: 4,749,008
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 05:28 AM   #49
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
SAFEST/ MOST DANGEROUS

As usual lots of Cali hate…not cities but states. I guess Wallet Hub doesn’t care….what cities/ states are where the haters are from????

https://apple.news/AFapoNHXjSIuCPqjQeGNkrQ
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 05:36 AM   #50
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
As usual lots of Cali hate…not cities but states. I guess Wallet Hub doesn’t care….what cities/ states are where the haters are from????

That's not credible. Plus, you can't look at it from a state or macro level. You need to look at it on a zip code by zip code basis.

There is literally no possible way that the Kensington section of Philadelphia or West Garfield Park section of Chicago is safer than anywhere in TX, LA, MS, FL, OK, etc. It's ridiculous to even suggest they are.

Then there is the problem that many of these big cities don't even track crime the way they should be...

No reasonable person on the planet thinks Chester, PA is safer than Ponte Vedra, FL.
Old 7 January 2023, 05:42 AM   #51
warrior
"TRF" Member

Yeah I anticipated this type of comment. States/cities are different yes. But perception and reality are quite different—whether it’s cities or states. People ( not saying you specifically) like to jump on the band wagon based on what news they watch. Esp some angry political fanatics. That’s the point I’m making.

Quote:
That's not credible. Plus, you can't look at it from a state or macro level. You need to look at it on a zip code by zip code basis.

There is literally no possible way that the Kensington section of Philadelphia or West Garfield Park section of Chicago is safer than anywhere in TX, LA, MS, FL, OK, etc. It's ridiculous to even suggest they are.

Then there is the problem that many of these big cities don't even track crime the way they should be...
Old 7 January 2023, 05:47 AM   #52
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Cooper View Post

Job opportunities and infrastructure buildout pave the way as the world continues to rush in, despite the haters.

POPULATION
I agree, need less people moving to Florida. Please stay in Cali, or move there.

Thx,

Florida Man

PS: New York is also great to live. Lots of office space available too.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 05:49 AM   #53
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
SAFEST/ MOST DANGEROUS

The Cali hate started with the over 500k last year who voted with their moving trucks and went to TX or FL.

They got tired of those who choose to ruin so much of a beautiful state.
JoeJoeBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 05:56 AM   #54
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yeah I anticipated this type of comment. States/cities are different yes. But perception and reality are quite different—whether it’s cities or states. People ( not saying you specifically) like to jump on the band wagon based on what news they watch. Esp some angry political fanatics. That’s the point I’m making.
No reasonable person on the planet thinks it's safer in North Philly, PA than Palm Beach, FL.

You know this, right?

The state-by-state stats are beyond silly. The only thing that matters is the exact zip code you're standing in.
Old 7 January 2023, 06:01 AM   #55
warrior
"TRF" Member

I conceded that states/ cities are different. You know this, right? I stand by what I said about reality vs perception. No need to keep on pushing.
Quote:
No reasonable person on the planet thinks it's safer in North Philly, PA than Palm Beach, FL.

You know this, right?

The state-by-state stats are beyond silly. The only thing that matters is the exact zip code you're standing in.
Old 7 January 2023, 06:21 AM   #56
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

POPULATION
I think overall SF remains a highly desirable place to live, although a lot of the pricing is due to restrictions on building multi family housing. There has, however, been a decline. It used to cost hundreds more per month to rent in SF versus NYC. That dynamic has reversed and it now costs hundreds more to rent in NYC.
Old 7 January 2023, 06:28 AM   #57
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

No reasonable person on the planet thinks Chester, PA is safer than Ponte Vedra, FL.
Yup, it’s about neighborhoods. If someone visits Chicago and hangs around the Loop, River North, and Gold Coast during the day they’re very likely to be fine. If they go to the wrong neighborhood they have almost a 100% chance of being harassed or worse. Similarly, if someone wants to check out the Rocky steps, Liberty Bell and Old City during the day in Philly they’re also unlikely to face issues. At Kensington and Allegheny they have almost a 100% chance of things going sideways, much like trying to cross an active battlefield
Old 7 January 2023, 06:30 AM   #58
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:

POPULATION
Most people don't know that San Francisco is both a city and county, the only one in California with a population of appx. 775,000. I used to go into SF every other month for business and it was always a treat. That changed about 10 years ago and absolutely try to avoid the place.

Where you live in Sonoma is a paradise but not exactly SF just like Orange County isn't LA. My opinion is based on actual boots on the ground in all these places.

Just saw a story today that the world is indeed not rushing into CA as it's dead last in states people are moving to. TX, FL are 1 & 2 respectively - I feel for those in TX and FL as they are being inundated. If I can steal a line from someone else on the forum, "Steven, is my room ready?"
SDGT3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2023, 06:32 AM   #59
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Sad how every thread turns into this same thinly disguised set of arguments by the same people.

Live where you want.
Old 7 January 2023, 06:43 AM   #60
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Sad how every thread turns into this same thinly disguised set of arguments by the same people.

Live where you want.
In fairness, Blanksy, it’s a ranking about which cities are better. Placing, e.g. Baltimore, in a list of top cities should predictably provoke discussion of its egregious public safety issues. I’d go so far as to say not mentioning safety/crime in this discussion would be biased. How can we discuss a ranking of cities without addressing what many folks consider the biggest issue facing cities today?

From the perspective of people who do care about crime and how it affects the world around them, you consistently make the same arguments thread after thread. I see crime firsthand everyday. I am not sitting in a suburban gated community parroting Fox News, and neither are many others — that’s a straw man.