The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 January 2023, 10:09 AM   #61
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
OMG the black and red Mustands look amazing. I can't believe you traded the red? I have a '14 GC SRT pre-supercharged.

I found a '22 leftover at a dealer near me that is close to perfect. Black California Edition, stick. Doesn't have the 401A equipment package and I'm not sure I'm ready to buy one that doesn't have it.

You mentioned 16 and newer come with Apple Car Play. Can I assume that includes Android Auto as well?
So on ‘17 and newer yes; with my 16 (the red and black) I had to change out the USB port to the one from ‘17 and reflash the head unit to have Apple CarPlay. I think it would do android auto as well but I never tried it since I just have Apple products. And yes I ended up trading because I was daily driving a ‘21 Grand Cherokee (V6) and had the mustang as a weekend car, but constantly shuffling cars around the driveway got to be frustrating (I only have room for one car in my garage, so I was constantly moving the two vehicles out front so my wife could get in and out of the garage. Also the mustang was heavily modified and had no warranty, so I was worried if something happened I didn’t want to foot the bill to fix it. We got my Trackhawk in as a trade at the dealership I work at, and was able to get a warranty for it since everything is factory. Plus I made money on both my ‘21 Grand and the Mustang, plus paid way under wholesale value on my Trackhawk so I couldn’t say no. I do miss the ‘stang though!!
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 07:47 AM   #62
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Here’s a better option than I posted before op.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ctd/...583561576.html

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 09:50 AM   #63
ladd
Banned

i have always wanted one of those, Nice choice
ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 10:13 AM   #64
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Here’s a better option than I posted before op.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ctd/...583561576.html

Not a vert but that thing is badass.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 10:16 AM   #65
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
Not a vert but that thing is badass.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Lol

Old 29 January 2023, 12:49 PM   #66
Easy E

OP, have you driven a manual GT? Fairly heavy clutch.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 10:53 PM   #67
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
OP, have you driven a manual GT? Fairly heavy clutch.
Not yet, curious to try it out. I used to drive my dad's 84 Vette and that clutch was a bear.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 12:25 AM   #68
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Yeah, I had one of those. For perspective, I've owned a lot of BMWs, several Porsches and a few Chevrolets (mostly Corvettes) and a Mercedes, a couple of Audis, some other domestic stuff and did I mention a lot of BMWs?

A few years ago I got an S550 (2019 I think) Mustang GT coupe, tried to prep it for the track, but it's really not a great platform for that - too many compromises to meet price targets and typical customer comfort needs. Which makes it a really good road car, just great for driving on public roads, don't get me wrong. They probably spent more time and research getting that V8 exhaust sound 'just right" than anything else. These days they come on the base wheels with All Season tires, which ride nicely and are quiet. The shifter and clutch are both a bit heavy, Steve's comment earlier about the clutch pedal spring is correct, that's something that you'll likely want to do. The only real negative I have is the lousy infotainment system on the base car and the hideous, cheap, nasty plastic bits that make up the interior.

I sold the coupe for more than I paid for it, in the depths of the pandemic when you couldn't find any cars. Then last year I got a wild hair and decided that I needed a convertible. Nothing much out there besides the Miata (too tiny and underpowered) the Boxster (too expensive in the proper 6-cylinder form) and Camaro (ick) in a manual transmission convertible.

I ordered a new Mustang, but it kept getting delayed d/t parts shortages, so I found one on the lot not too far away and bought it at a decent discount using the X plan. My buddy who took me to get it, burst out laughing when he saw it. After about 8 months of problem-free ownership, I finally got rid of it, taking a nice loss this time. I just couldn't deal with the color.

All GT convertibles now are premium trim, which gets you leather and upgraded infotainment, HVAC, etc. which puts it up in the 50s, which is kinda pricey for a Ford product with Hertz-level interior.

And yes, it was difficult find a manual convertible, anywhere, which is why I settled for the car that I got. Settling hardly ever works out well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yellow.jpg (281.3 KB, 115 views)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 08:01 AM   #69
rob495
"TRF" Member

Have you considered the Camaro or Miata? Camaro has a great shifter, engine, and clutch. Better than the Mustang IMO (I've owned a CTS-V, Chevy SS, GT, GT500 and several Miatas). The older Stangs had heavy shifter and clutch action, which I did not like. The Miata's are sooooo much fun! I prefer the ND2's. Paint is very thin but nothing beats that light weight chassis.
rob495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 12:44 AM   #70
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob495 View Post
Have you considered the Camaro or Miata? Camaro has a great shifter, engine, and clutch. Better than the Mustang IMO (I've owned a CTS-V, Chevy SS, GT, GT500 and several Miatas). The older Stangs had heavy shifter and clutch action, which I did not like. The Miata's are sooooo much fun! I prefer the ND2's. Paint is very thin but nothing beats that light weight chassis.
No thoughts to the Miata. I just have no interest in that car. I know enthusiasts love it but it's not for me. As for the Camaro, I love the look of it but I just feel like as a regular daily type of vehicle it doesn't work for me. I'm not happy with the sight angles with the top up and I don't like the high doors on that car. I'm an adicted arm-resting-on-top-of-door driver and it's just too high and uncomfortable in that car. Looks great from the outside but the times I sat in one I just didn't find it enjoyable. The Mustang seems like an easier car to live with on a daily basis and I'm not in my 20's anymore so comfort matters
Old 31 January 2023, 12:45 AM   #71
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Yeah, I had one of those. For perspective, I've owned a lot of BMWs, several Porsches and a few Chevrolets (mostly Corvettes) and a Mercedes, a couple of Audis, some other domestic stuff and did I mention a lot of BMWs?

A few years ago I got an S550 (2019 I think) Mustang GT coupe, tried to prep it for the track, but it's really not a great platform for that - too many compromises to meet price targets and typical customer comfort needs. Which makes it a really good road car, just great for driving on public roads, don't get me wrong. They probably spent more time and research getting that V8 exhaust sound 'just right" than anything else. These days they come on the base wheels with All Season tires, which ride nicely and are quiet. The shifter and clutch are both a bit heavy, Steve's comment earlier about the clutch pedal spring is correct, that's something that you'll likely want to do. The only real negative I have is the lousy infotainment system on the base car and the hideous, cheap, nasty plastic bits that make up the interior.

I sold the coupe for more than I paid for it, in the depths of the pandemic when you couldn't find any cars. Then last year I got a wild hair and decided that I needed a convertible. Nothing much out there besides the Miata (too tiny and underpowered) the Boxster (too expensive in the proper 6-cylinder form) and Camaro (ick) in a manual transmission convertible.

I ordered a new Mustang, but it kept getting delayed d/t parts shortages, so I found one on the lot not too far away and bought it at a decent discount using the X plan. My buddy who took me to get it, burst out laughing when he saw it. After about 8 months of problem-free ownership, I finally got rid of it, taking a nice loss this time. I just couldn't deal with the color.

All GT convertibles now are premium trim, which gets you leather and upgraded infotainment, HVAC, etc. which puts it up in the 50s, which is kinda pricey for a Ford product with Hertz-level interior.

And yes, it was difficult find a manual convertible, anywhere, which is why I settled for the car that I got. Settling hardly ever works out well.
That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for EXCEPT the color. Yeah I just can't do a yellow, orange, lime green type of color. Give me a black, maybe a blue or maroon, and that's about it.

I might have just kept that one and got it repainted. It's a beauty
Old 31 January 2023, 05:58 AM   #72
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Quote:
That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for EXCEPT the color. Yeah I just can't do a yellow, orange, lime green type of color. Give me a black, maybe a blue or maroon, and that's about it.

I might have just kept that one and got it repainted. It's a beauty

With wraps these days you can have a red car with graphics this year and solid black the next.
Pretty cool.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 06:07 AM   #73
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
2017 5.0 GT auto Blue

Love the car !

Test drove the California special Edition ,10 speed auto .
Dont like the bonnet shape .
10 speed ,didn't like it too much,back gearing when using the paddles ,not the same as with a 6 speed.
Curent models: Blue is too dark or too light.

I would recommend a last year of production 6 speed auto . and if you must have the manual ,great !
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 06:36 AM   #74
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Well folks I found one not too far away nearly exactly what I'm looking for. Low mileage '21 with 410A equipment group, stick shift, GT convertible. May try to go look at it tonight. I'll report back...
Old 2 February 2023, 08:47 AM   #75
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Well folks I found one not too far away nearly exactly what I'm looking for. Low mileage '21 with 410A equipment group, stick shift, GT convertible. May try to go look at it tonight. I'll report back...

Oh boy! Exciting!! Snap some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 09:21 AM   #76
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Sweet good luck!!
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 10:41 PM   #77
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Oh boy! Exciting!! Snap some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Sweet good luck!!

Well I went up last night to take a look and took it out for a spin. I really liked it. I did not buy it on the spot because I sort of have a rule that I don't buy cars the day I look at them. I don't like to be rushed, and they were closing an hour after I arrived.

But yeah it was a sweet ride. It has the 401A package that I really wanted with the electronic dash. Also has the adaptive exhaust option which was a total blast to mess with. I was surprised how easy it was to drive. That has to be the smoothest manual transmission I've ever used. The rev matching took a little getting use to while downshifting LOL (it can be turned off). The interior was great and modern. Seats seemed comfortable.

The only thing I wasn't 100% on was the color. I originally thought it was black in the photos. Turns out it is actual antimatter blue metalic. Anyone have any experience with this color? Looked nearly black outside at night. In their garage bag surrounded by flourescent lights it took on a slight purple hue. I still haven't seen it in natural daylight.

Anyway I told him I either wanted to come back and look at the car during the day, or I'd scower the internet for photos and videos of that car and color and give him an answer today. He said I could complete the purchase electronically and pick it up next week if I choose - I'm off Monday.

What do you guys think?

Old 2 February 2023, 11:07 PM   #78
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
If it’s just coming down to the color Mike, I say GO FOR IT. I think it looks great
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 11:18 PM   #79
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
If it’s just coming down to the color Mike, I say GO FOR IT. I think it looks great
Thanks Brian. Yeah really it's more about what colors I didn't want going in (bright red, orange, yellow, lime green). As long as it's pretty dark I'm good with it. I just really wanted to see it in day light. I'm overthinking it I'm sure. I just watched a couple YT vids and it seems like a neat looking color. I'm leaning "yes" on this
Old 2 February 2023, 11:20 PM   #80
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks Brian. Yeah really it's more about what colors I didn't want going in (bright red, orange, yellow, lime green). As long as it's pretty dark I'm good with it. I just really wanted to see it in day light. I'm overthinking it I'm sure. I just watched a couple YT vids and it seems like a neat looking color. I'm leaning "yes" on this
Exiting times my man

Honestly, I think the color is alot more intersting than black. It has more dimension if that make sense.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 2 February 2023, 11:37 PM   #81
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

She is sharp!! I love the way the blue changes colors. It is almost reminiscent of the sunburst dial on my 16613LB.

Old 2 February 2023, 11:53 PM   #82
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Exiting times my man

Honestly, I think the color is alot more intersting than black. It has more dimension if that make sense.

Good luck with your decision.

I'm struggling to come up with a reason not to do it. It only has ~2K miles on it. Since it's a certified pre-owned they extend the warranty to 4 years/48K miles which would put this one under warranty until late 2025. It looks completely brand new. Apparently the people that owned it traded it for a Bronco they ordered from the factory. They just kept it until the order was delivered which took over a year. Seems like it was just garage kept for the most part. With my trade I'm only looking at ~$15K due. Not bad...
Old 2 February 2023, 11:59 PM   #83
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'm struggling to come up with a reason not to do it. It only has ~2K miles on it. Since it's a certified pre-owned they extend the warranty to 4 years/48K miles which would put this one under warranty until late 2025. It looks completely brand new. Apparently the people that owned it traded it for a Bronco they ordered from the factory. They just kept it until the order was delivered which took over a year. Seems like it was just garage kept for the most part. With my trade I'm only looking at ~$15K due. Not bad...
I dunno know why you're not there already signing the deal Mike

Old 3 February 2023, 12:04 AM   #84
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
That’s one sharp looking GT. I went the Corvette route awhile back but always liked the Mustang.

If it clicks all the buttons except for the color, I’d probably go for it. Just be prepared to hand wash that baby.

I’m not sure where on the ES you are but when you first started the post, I started checking the dealers local to me in Southern Delaware. They have quite a few GT’s but most are coupes with 10 speed autos.

Whatever your decision, good luck.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 12:06 AM   #85
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Only question now is...

Day Date ... Mustang?

Mustang ... Day Date?

Old 3 February 2023, 12:13 AM   #86
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM View Post
That’s one sharp looking GT. I went the Corvette route awhile back but always liked the Mustang.

If it clicks all the buttons except for the color, I’d probably go for it. Just be prepared to hand wash that baby.

I’m not sure where on the ES you are but when you first started the post, I started checking the dealers local to me in Southern Delaware. They have quite a few GT’s but most are coupes with 10 speed autos.

Whatever your decision, good luck.
Thanks Rich. Most of my vehicles have been dark colors. My current Jeep is a gunmetal dark blue (not too far from this Mustang but without the sparkly flakes in the paint). My Wrangler was black. So I'm used to it. Yep PITA to keep clean but hey what else I got to do with my spare time. Might as well just wash cars.

Yep there are Mustang GTs all over the place. It's getting a used one in covertible + stick shift + dark color that dwindles it down to next to nothing. Even new ones are very hard to find in that combination and most of them have the performance package which honestly I don't really want.
Old 3 February 2023, 05:30 AM   #87
themast
"TRF" Member

I am following with interest.

I recently rented an EcoBoost convertible automatic and that reminded me that a V8 manual could be a sharp, reliable, and relatively easy to maintain daily driver. All of a sudden the American muscle car value proposition became clear to me!

I have some other priorities this year, but I see a V8 coupe manual in my future...
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 05:39 AM   #88
ERH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
I have a 2018 GT Premium hard top. I went with the 10 speed automatic as I live in flat country Houston. It's been a very reliable fun car to drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mustang GT.jpg (43.7 KB, 51 views)
ERH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 06:13 AM   #89
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
For what it’s worth…I really like that color combo. Looks great and you should lock this up!

1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 07:01 AM   #90
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
I like colors like that. So dark it's black, until it suddenly isn't. Way more interesting.
I hope it's still there when you make up your mind. Good luck.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote