The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 July 2020, 09:24 AM   #1
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Watch: —>
AP Boutiques

Has anyone had any luck recently paying retail for a RO 15400/15500 from AP boutiques. I’ve done business w boutique in the past for 2 watches, so not VIP. Just wondering have any non-top tier customers out there been able to get one, if so how long did you wait ?
Ekwity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 12:02 PM   #2
S``
"TRF" Member

15400 is discontinued, there is zero business to be done at the boutique
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 03:44 PM   #3
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssefreak View Post
I would second that as well. Also if im not mistaken AP is closed due to COVID shipments that have arrived to dealers have been moved from other dealers or vault in Texas or NY.
Ulysses do you go to AP in Bal Harbour or Midtown? I have a relationship with Bal harbor and no luck. I would have thought Midtown would be easier because of location but again no go
Old 7 July 2020, 08:19 PM   #4
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

I don’t think you need to be a VVIP to get a 15500, though blue dial will be harder. That said, I was allocated a 15500 blue earlier this year and previously only bought two (non PM) watches from the boutique. So it is possible, but I think it helps to have a good relationship with one or two SAs at the boutique.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 08:44 PM   #5
msm2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekwity View Post
Ulysses do you go to AP in Bal Harbour or Midtown? I have a relationship with Bal harbor and no luck. I would have thought Midtown would be easier because of location but again no go
Are you on the wait list? If so, how long have you been on it?
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 01:46 AM   #6
ModestCollector
"TRF" Member

I bought a 15500 (blue) from the London AP House without any previous purchase history. I'm certainly not a VIP!

The guys there were great. I arranged an appointment to visit and had a good chat about current collection. They had a blue version in which they let me try on, then after a chat in the back to the manager(?) they allowed me to purchase there and then!

I know examples of this type of luck are few and far between but it does happen!

(I'm now considering one of the new 11:59 models with new colour face. I'm hoping there will be no wait for such a model).
ModestCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 03:32 AM   #7
Watchristic
"TRF" Member

Yes me, AP boutiques are the best, they just want to make sure you’re passionate about the brand and they will try their best to help you.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 04:08 AM   #8
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchristic View Post
Yes me, AP boutiques are the best, they just want to make sure you’re passionate about the brand and they will try their best to help you.

Good luck

This.

If they see how passionate you are about the brand and timepieces in general, they'll advocate for you and take care of you.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 09:52 AM   #9
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

A lot of interesting points. I brought it up essentially because a friend who lives in France was able to get on waitlist for the 15202 a year ago, waited one year and got one. I tried the same actually 1.5 years ago and was told it wasn’t possible
Old 8 July 2020, 01:45 PM   #10
8bc8
"TRF" Member

My boutique in Shanghai is approx ~ 1 year but could depend on the customer
8bc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 07:33 AM   #11
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Rehashing this topic after reading some responses and other topics about westime. I have both a boutique and westime by me, and you guys were 100% right!
My experience with the boutique was awesome. The SA I dealt with even pulled a line I don’t expect to hear from ADs or boutiques when he said “it’s not fair the same guys get the more coveted pieces, while a new or once in a while customer who wants to get into the brand cannot”
Just complete 180 to what I’ve dealt with other brands especially Rolex
Old 17 July 2020, 07:37 AM   #12
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekwity View Post
Rehashing this topic after reading some responses and other topics about westime. I have both a boutique and westime by me, and you guys were 100% right!
My experience with the boutique was awesome. The SA I dealt with even pulled a line I don’t expect to hear from ADs or boutiques when he said “it’s not fair the same guys get the more coveted pieces, while a new or once in a while customer who wants to get into the brand cannot”
Just complete 180 to what I’ve dealt with other brands especially Rolex
If there is a new Botique opening in NYC, could probably snag a 15500 on opening day. Travel restrictions not withstanding.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 07:43 AM   #13
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
If there is a new Botique opening in NYC, could probably snag a 15500 on opening day. Travel restrictions not withstanding.
Not a bad idea, just feel like they’d realistically give it people in store vs calling
Old 17 July 2020, 03:33 PM   #14
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Waited about 9 months for my grey 15500st as a first time buyer. Manged to collect it in apr this year.
Old 18 July 2020, 07:39 PM   #15
watchaneesh
"TRF" Member

I waited about 4 days to get mine from my AD in dubai.
watchaneesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 10:16 PM   #16
Denvertimeguy
Banned

I am pretty close with my SA at Rolex/Patek whose friend works in one of the Vegas Boutiques (forgot which one he said)... he told me they always have “desirable”
Models in the safe and it’s actually not that uncommon that they will sell on the spot to first timers! It’s all about how you present yourself to the AD and the decision is all theirs at the end of the day... well might have to ask the manager lol!

Denvertimeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 11:07 AM   #17
aw9nineteen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchristic View Post

Good luck

This

aw9nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote