The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2020, 02:38 PM   #61
leong
"TRF" Member

In South East Asia - here the number of resales pieces seems to get lesser, and almost non-existence for new pieces in local retailer scene - just my some observations in the past 2-3 wks
leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 04:41 PM   #62
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
It makes zero sense.
Let me put it another way. Rolex released the 31 series caliber in the 1988, almost 30 years of R&D later they released the 32 series caliber in 2015.

Do you think Rolex feel they have improved the movement during this period?

You being pedantic over the term 'lesser'. As I said not my words but it was clear what he was implying.
Old 22 September 2020, 10:49 PM   #63
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
Let me put it another way. Rolex released the 31 series caliber in the 1988, almost 30 years of R&D later they released the 32 series caliber in 2015.

Do you think Rolex feel they have improved the movement during this period?

You being pedantic over the term 'lesser'. As I said not my words but it was clear what he was implying.
I believe Rolex feels an improvement in releasing the 32 series. Given the choice between the exact same watch with a 31XX or 32XX movement, I'd take the 31XX every single time. Every single one I've gad over the last 20 years have performed flawless and I wasn't easy on most of them. A longer power reserve, ball bearing rotor and a cute little crown on the bottom of the dial won't change that.
Old 22 September 2020, 10:53 PM   #64
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Different bezel though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course, but the question was about the case.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 10:57 PM   #65
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
I appreciate the report. Does anyone else have any recent experiences regarding availability?
I have intrest with one of my ADs but she tells me she will call when it's available. I'm not holding my breath. It was her suggestion as an alternative when on Sept 1st I was inquiring about any possible remaining stock of the OP39 white (which I knew was a long shot, but had to try). She asked if she could get me one (Explorer) would I be interested. I said yes.

We'll see.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 04:34 PM   #66
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I believe Rolex feels an improvement in releasing the 32 series. Given the choice between the exact same watch with a 31XX or 32XX movement, I'd take the 31XX every single time. Every single one I've gad over the last 20 years have performed flawless and I wasn't easy on most of them. A longer power reserve, ball bearing rotor and a cute little crown on the bottom of the dial won't change that.
I don't think anyone is questioning the quality, durability, serviceability or robustness of the 31 series movement. It is an outstanding movement and will go down in Rolex folklore. However Rolex obviously feel them have made some gains since 1988 and I do too.

Interesting to hear you say Rolex feels an improvement but you do not and you list a crown on the bottom of the dial as one of the notable updates. Think I understand your mindset perfectly now.

Thanks for the debate, it was interesting. Stay safe.

Peace
Old 23 September 2020, 10:13 PM   #67
mailman

Quote:
I don't think anyone is questioning the quality, durability, serviceability or robustness of the 31 series movement. It is an outstanding movement and will go down in Rolex folklore. However Rolex obviously feel them have made some gains since 1988 and I do too.

Interesting to hear you say Rolex feels an improvement but you do not and you list a crown on the bottom of the dial as one of the notable updates. Think I understand your mindset perfectly now.

Thanks for the debate, it was interesting. Stay safe.

Peace
Where did I say that I thought anything wasn’t an update? I stated what I preferred.
Old 24 September 2020, 04:48 AM   #68
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Where did I say that I thought anything wasn’t an update? I stated what I preferred.
You didn't & I never claimed you did either?

I said you were being pedantic over the term 'lesser' & I stand by that, you are. I also said I found it interesting that you listed a crown at the bottom of the dial as one of the notable updates, highlighting your one-eyed opinion of the new movement.

Everyone loves the 31 series movement, i'm one of them. That was never is question and neither was your preference of movement choice.
Old 24 September 2020, 06:34 AM   #69
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Now, we are also thinking like Rolex and expecting dial colors and increase in size!

If truly anything needs to be improved on Explorer, its adding a quickset hour hand. Calling it Explorer but not providing the easy use for traveling!
That would be an amazing feature and would still keep the Explorer's clean and timeless looks.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:13 AM   #70
drblowfin
"TRF" Member

No need for glide lock, that would ruin the Explorer 1 bracelet!!

It’s so comfy and perfect already. It has 3 micro adjuster positions in the clasp and of course the half link, which is very useful.

The power reserve is just fine too nobody needs more for a time only watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drblowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:20 AM   #71
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownbelt View Post
Yes! I have the same, didn’t want to swap to the larger hands. You don’t see too many around.
I have got one too and it will stay with me.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:30 AM   #72
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

A white-dialed Exp 1 would be a killer

ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:53 AM   #73
bmclaurin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post
A white-dialed Exp 1 would be a killer

I think this is possible and potentially one of the reasons the white dial OP was discontinued. That said, not holding my breath.

Rolex: SD 116600 | Submariner 114060 | GMT 126710BLNR | GMT 116710LN | Explorer II 216570 | Explorer 214270

Other: Vacheron Constantin | Panerai | Omega | Grand Seiko | Breitling
bmclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 10:07 AM   #74
mailman

Quote:
You didn't & I never claimed you did either?

I said you were being pedantic over the term 'lesser' & I stand by that, you are. I also said I found it interesting that you listed a crown at the bottom of the dial as one of the notable updates, highlighting your one-eyed opinion of the new movement.

Everyone loves the 31 series movement, i'm one of them. That was never is question and neither was your preference of movement choice.
Evidently you can't grasp sarcasm regarding the crown on the bottom of the dial. It might be there as a way to make it harder for counterfeiters to replicate the watch. I personally don't care for it.