The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 August 2015, 08:51 AM   #1
"TRF" Member

Looking for Main Spring for a Rolex 6084

The main spring of my 6084 requires replacement. It is a Cal 645 movement, BTW. Please help point me to a direction where I could find one.

On the other hand, does anyone know if the main springs for a Cal 620, 623 is the same as that of a Cal 645?

Thanks for your help.
1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2015, 06:31 PM   #2
R.W.T.
"TRF" Member

Generic Swiss white alloy springs are just fine for these watches. The 620/630 spring will work as well. Rolex made a few different strengths of these springs. The 645 springs tend to be a little lighter and they tend (not always) to run with a slightly lower amplitude. It really doesn't make a lot of difference. You want a spring that times well through the positions. Optimally the amplitude on the 645, IF all things are created equal and nothing has been monkeyed with, falls in around 270-280 in the flat. They often run 240-260 in the flat. It is okay. At any rate when you get with these older calibers, a little trial and error may be necessary anyway. If you find a good NOS 620/630 Rolex Spring it should work fine. The barrels are completely interchangeable not withstanding the barrel arbor is different to accommodate the double spring set up as opposed to the automatic "stack" of the 620/630....The 645 spring may have been slightly longer which would give a hair more reserve but I don't think so I think they are the same. Like I said I'm traveling and don't have access to anything. Don't feel that you can't use a generic if you find one. They work fine. Rolex springs haven't been available for this model for decades.
R.W.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2015, 10:22 PM   #3
gileto
"TRF" Member

perhaps contact Blake here http://www.scotchwatch.com/contact_us.html I got rolex parts from him...
gileto is offline   Reply With Quote