The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 March 2019, 08:19 AM   #31
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

You could get friends with a European dealerwho will give you about 15% off, then you get another 15% VAT back :-)

It's like getting a free trip to Europe.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 08:19 AM   #32
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
As was said on another thread, there is no grey market for PP. Grey means you are getting a "new" out of the authorized distribution chain. The term is very apt to camera gear where you can buy new equipment outside the countries importer but you may not have a local warranty. All Pateks are sold through ADs. Buyers then flip them to watch buying companies which then sell them used. We used to see back door arrangements where the re-seller fronts for the AD and upon purchase all the paperwork with your name on it comes from the AD even though you paid the re-seller. Still no grey market.

When you buy from anyone but an AD, you are getting a used watch which most likely has been worn no matter what they say.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 09:42 AM   #33
gmstevenson
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
OP look at Chronos 24. These used are now in the low 70s and very available. Most things I read is that many people passed on this watch as was stated above. These will be very affordable in a year or two. Unfortunately Patek PCs typically trade in the 50 to 60 range used for the current lineup and the 5320 in spite of the small allocation will end up there sooner or later.
Most of the ones on Chrono24 are stock images so who knows if they are really even able to get the watch or are just fishing. I think David SW and EWC are better measures of the price. They are still selling unworn closer to MSRP and used in the mid to high 70s.

Eventually the prices will come down as more of them are produced. Still my favorite PC in the current line up (but hey, I own one, so my opinion is biased).
gmstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 03:19 PM   #34
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
My friend got -25 on it. I’m sure you can get at least -15 :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 11:11 PM   #35
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmstevenson View Post
Most of the ones on Chrono24 are stock images so who knows if they are really even able to get the watch or are just fishing. I think David SW and EWC are better measures of the price. They are still selling unworn closer to MSRP and used in the mid to high 70s.

Eventually the prices will come down as more of them are produced. Still my favorite PC in the current line up (but hey, I own one, so my opinion is biased).
I will check out EWC. Thanks
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 12:00 AM   #36
Sam Philip
Banned

5320G is readily available but not as common as the 5327G/R/J. I handled one last month and the same AD had a 5370P and 5204P in display.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 03:30 AM   #37
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
As was said on another thread, there is no grey market for PP. Grey means you are getting a "new" out of the authorized distribution chain. The term is very apt to camera gear where you can buy new equipment outside the countries importer but you may not have a local warranty. All Pateks are sold through ADs. Buyers then flip them to watch buying companies which then sell them used. We used to see back door arrangements where the re-seller fronts for the AD and upon purchase all the paperwork with your name on it comes from the AD even though you paid the re-seller. Still no grey market.

When you buy from anyone but an AD, you are getting a used watch which most likely has been worn no matter what they say.
Watch resellers are definitely buying 5712's direct through dealers, I encountered this as I was seeking one myself.
brockburst is offline   Reply With Quote