The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 14 July 2016, 09:59 AM   #1
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Icon19 VEGAS *2*0*1*7* thread!

Calls made. Emails exchanged. So here we go! We now have a date, Friday, April 21, 2017!!!!

PLEASE do consider staying Friday and Saturday, I am working on agendas and activities with watch companies, it is a lot of work and they do expect a nice attendance. Looks like we will have to limit participants as there are quite a few expenses to cover as the group grows larger.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2016, 10:02 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

Current draft list is:

nyc2la-So. CA
Alexwwjd-TX
Rockrolex-DC
TheRolexKingofLV-LV
Rolexxxelor-MI
tomalf123-AZ
cdmorenot-NJ
ct.matt-CA
Hairdude1-IL
G8RPDM-SC
the_hunter-TX
BNALION-CA
kilyung-
Daryl-CA
Rodriguez Rolley-CA
SWISSAHOLICS-FL
Mishon-DC
droptopman-WA
mannyv11-MA
Thatguy-CA
.db-CA
Theken-CA
rebel_1-FL
incontrol-NJ
Arjan93-Amsterdam
GB-man-
Robb-
One Ping Only-WI
Eric Chan-Canada
kneedeep-
jpeezy14@hotmail.com-CA
lee2375-TX
Porter-Ibiza
WristEnvy-CA
dmb359-MN
returntorolex-GA
after Steve (former Runnin' Rebel)-NV
Ks6pd-CA
RKtudor-PA
Old 14 July 2016, 10:09 AM   #3
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Sweet. Really looking forward to this.
My buddy is coming along to drive cars at the track and buy his first Rolex. Wife is coming too.

Thank you so much for putting this together. I bet it takes a lot of time and effort to coordinate.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

I'll be demanding time off this time. Boss approves lol

Reservations made.

Thanks Gerardo !
Old 14 July 2016, 12:03 PM   #5
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Reservations made.

Thanks Gerardo !

Time to pull out the acronyms

Vino
Explains
Gerardo's
Annual
Shindig

Old 14 July 2016, 01:20 PM   #6
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post

Time to pull out the acronyms

Vino
Explains
Gerardo's
Annual
Shindig

Old 14 July 2016, 03:22 PM   #7
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
VEGAS *2*0*1*7* thread!

O' Yes! This is gonna be Good!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2016, 03:49 PM   #8
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
I'm new to the watch game and was wondering what goes down at this event? I would appreciate a PM :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2016, 01:18 AM   #9
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
I'm new to the watch game and was wondering what goes down at this event? I would appreciate a PM :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=467703

Old 15 July 2016, 01:57 AM   #10
RKTudor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 79090 blue
So excited. Wife and kids don't mind the trip they're getting out of it either ;)
RKTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2016, 03:49 AM   #11
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Thanks Gerardo for the info. I have spent the better part of the morning vicariously reliving your 2016 GTG. That looks like such a wonderful experience. Do you all bring your SOs to these things?
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2016, 03:56 AM   #12
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
Thanks Gerardo for the info. I have spent the better part of the morning vicariously reliving your 2016 GTG. That looks like such a wonderful experience. Do you all bring your SOs to these things?

Some do. It is up to you.
Old 15 July 2016, 08:33 AM   #13
GerardoG
Banned

One TRFer Just sent me a copy of his reservation. As I always say, with one confirmation, I am IN!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-07-14-17-03-42_1.jpg (48.9 KB, 1462 views)
Old 15 July 2016, 08:52 AM   #14
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
I am in! I'll be there 21-23/24

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2016, 09:52 AM   #15
One Ping Only
"TRF" Member

Watch: several
Consider me in!

Looking forward to #3!
Old 15 July 2016, 11:15 AM   #16
VTM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 Daytona
I will be there again with my brother and son
Old 15 July 2016, 02:38 PM   #17
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
Calls made. Emails exchanged. So here we go! We now have a date, Friday, April 21, 2017!!!!

PLEASE do consider staying Friday and Saturday, I am working on agendas and activities with watch companies, it is a lot of work and they do expect a nice attendance. Looks like we will have to limit participants as there are quite a few expenses to cover as the group grows larger.

This is the only event that can garner such a commitment from so many so far out, G! Your effort and generosity astound me...thanks once again for all you did to make the 2016 GTC so much fun, and I am looking forward to this 2017 INcoming!
Old 15 July 2016, 08:53 PM   #18
reloxt
"TRF" Member

It's early due to potential work constraints, but (if allowed :-)) I am planning to be there! Will fly in on the 20th to leave on the 24th if all goes according to current plans. Will most likely bring my son. How to get on the list ?

...Done flipping and changing....... (never...)
reloxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2016, 12:25 AM   #19
GerardoG
Banned

Current draft list is:

nyc2la-So. CA
Alexwwjd-TX
Rockrolex-DC
TheRolexKingofLV-LV
Rolexxxelor-MI
tomalf123-AZ
cdmorenot-NJ
ct.matt-CA
Hairdude1-IL
G8RPDM-SC
the_hunter-TX
BNALION-CA
kilyung-
Daryl-CA
Rodriguez Rolley-CA
SWISSAHOLICS-FL
Mishon-DC
droptopman-WA
mannyv11-MA
Thatguy-CA
.db-CA
Theken-CA
rebel_1-FL
incontrol-NJ
Arjan93-Amsterdam
GB-man-
Robb-
One Ping Only-WI
Eric Chan-Canada
kneedeep-
jpeezy14@hotmail.com-CA
lee2375-TX
Porter-Ibiza
WristEnvy-CA
dmb359-MN
returntorolex-GA
Ks6pd-CA
RKtudor-PA
Danny83-CA
VTM-CA
reloxt-Netherlands
Old 16 July 2016, 12:38 AM   #20
GerardoG
Banned

Well....only July and we are over 45 (due to SOs and/or friends/family). As we add dealers and watch industry people, I would say list is over 50!

I have been struggling with ideas and need your help (I have consulted with some members and I am back to square one!):

As the group grows larger, the logistics are not the same. Reserving for 10 people is easy, doing so for 30+ requires deposits, menu selections, minimums to be covered, signed agreements...you get the picture. My personal experience is that, unfortunately, we have a 15-20% 'no show' typically. If we want (well, we need) to cap the event (no place can hold a place for 20 or 50, we need a definite max number) this would mean that some members would be left out while we have some no shows....or empty seats.

Some have suggested using a non refundable deposit to confirm, using those resources to help secure location and cover some expenses (if used for location deposit, this would be applied to, say, the dinner bill or towards meeting restaurant minimum consumption)...however, this is where I struggle.

I have always done this for fun, and the idea behind TRF GTGs is not to make money, but to provide a nice experience for everyone, but by the same token, it might be fair so we know exactly how many people to expect...see, I am torn!

What are your thoughts? Play it by ear? Use a deposit? If so, how much?

To mods: this is a sincere question, and not a justification to make a profit out of an event that I love organizing. TRFers: comments welcome!
Old 16 July 2016, 03:03 AM   #21
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
Well....only July and we are over 45 (due to SOs and/or friends/family). As we add dealers and watch industry people, I would say list is over 50!

I have been struggling with ideas and need your help (I have consulted with some members and I am back to square one!):

As the group grows larger, the logistics are not the same. Reserving for 10 people is easy, doing so for 30+ requires deposits, menu selections, minimums to be covered, signed agreements...you get the picture. My personal experience is that, unfortunately, we have a 15-20% 'no show' typically. If we want (well, we need) to cap the event (no place can hold a place for 20 or 50, we need a definite max number) this would mean that some members would be left out while we have some no shows....or empty seats.

Some have suggested using a non refundable deposit to confirm, using those resources to help secure location and cover some expenses (if used for location deposit, this would be applied to, say, the dinner bill or towards meeting restaurant minimum consumption)...however, this is where I struggle.

I have always done this for fun, and the idea behind TRF GTGs is not to make money, but to provide a nice experience for everyone, but by the same token, it might be fair so we know exactly how many people to expect...see, I am torn!

What are your thoughts? Play it by ear? Use a deposit? If so, how much?

To mods: this is a sincere question, and not a justification to make a profit out of an event that I love organizing. TRFers: comments welcome!
G, you're salt of the earth, and I realize you don't want to put anyone out, but keep in mind this could get expensive, and you should take on ZERO risk in this.

I suggest a $100 non-refundable deposit (NRD). Without a NRD, you could be left holding the bag...and that is NOT acceptable! You should not be put in a position where you could lose one penny. For this to work, I think it's totally reasonable (IMHO) to ask people to make a $100 NRD to secure a spot. You are doing the lion's share of the work out of the goodness of your heart. If someone doesn't want to make that commitment, well, then they don't get to participate. This is just my 2-cents, and this is just me trying to look out for you, fine Sir!

G, as we discussed offline, to allay any concerns of the $100 non-refundable deposit going to “waste”, anyone who sends in the $100 NRD will be entered into a "giveaway" to allow them a chance to win "something" even if they don't attend the 2017 LV GTG. The "giveaway" raffle would be drawn at one of the events during the GTG.

A side note to all: I attended the 2016 LV GTG, and G did a majority of the legwork to make the event extremely fun, engaging, informative, and inclusive. Others certainly contributed a lot as well, and a BIG THANKS go out to them, too! We should remember that it's easy to just show up, have a good time, and then go home. However, having attended the 2016 LV GTG, it's obvious there is A LOT of time, effort, coordination, and even some $$ that goes into planning this. The 2017 LV GTG already appears to be a larger group, and given the likely need for "money up front" to reserve rooms, etc., a non-refundable deposit seems totally appropriate.

To the Moderators: I apologize in advance if my suggestion bends or breaks any of the Forum rules. My intention is SOLEY to ensure Gerardo takes on NO risk. This NRD idea is in no way intended to be a for-profit exercise.

Best regards to all, and bring on the LV GTG!

-Steve
Old 16 July 2016, 07:48 AM   #22
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
I've got no problem with a NR deposit.
Old 16 July 2016, 03:52 PM   #23
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
G, you're salt of the earth, and I realize you don't want to put anyone out, but keep in mind this could get expensive, and you should take on ZERO risk in this.

I suggest a $100 non-refundable deposit (NRD). Without a NRD, you could be left holding the bag...and that is NOT acceptable! You should not be put in a position where you could lose one penny. For this to work, I think it's totally reasonable (IMHO) to ask people to make a $100 NRD to secure a spot. You are doing the lion's share of the work out of the goodness of your heart. If someone doesn't want to make that commitment, well, then they don't get to participate. This is just my 2-cents, and this is just me trying to look out for you, fine Sir!

G, as we discussed offline, to allay any concerns of the $100 non-refundable deposit going to “waste”, anyone who sends in the $100 NRD will be entered into a "giveaway" to allow them a chance to win "something" even if they don't attend the 2017 LV GTG. The "giveaway" raffle would be drawn at one of the events during the GTG.

A side note to all: I attended the 2016 LV GTG, and G did a majority of the legwork to make the event extremely fun, engaging, informative, and inclusive. Others certainly contributed a lot as well, and a BIG THANKS go out to them, too! We should remember that it's easy to just show up, have a good time, and then go home. However, having attended the 2016 LV GTG, it's obvious there is A LOT of time, effort, coordination, and even some $$ that goes into planning this. The 2017 LV GTG already appears to be a larger group, and given the likely need for "money up front" to reserve rooms, etc., a non-refundable deposit seems totally appropriate.

To the Moderators: I apologize in advance if my suggestion bends or breaks any of the Forum rules. My intention is SOLEY to ensure Gerardo takes on NO risk. This NRD idea is in no way intended to be a for-profit exercise.

Best regards to all, and bring on the LV GTG!

-Steve
Noted, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
I've got no problem with a NR deposit.
Noted, gracias.

TRFers: what do you think?
Old 16 July 2016, 03:55 PM   #24
GerardoG
Banned

Dear TRF family:

I have asked Steve (Lol-x) about this, and he has authorized a non refundable deposit if this is something we decide to do. He made clear that this would be for the event in discussion.

Once again, your comments are very valuable.

Steve (Lol-x): Gracias for your message.
Old 16 July 2016, 04:24 PM   #25
Porter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor....
I can imagine the effort and lot of work to do for the 2017 GTG. I'm planning the trip with my family if its possible for us if not I'll go alone. Now starting a new project and lot of risk cannot attend. Anyway! If there's the opportunity to go and meet some of the fantastic TRF members in a fantastic experience, 100$ non refundable deposit is totally justified. I'm in with the idea.
Thanks Gerardo! Hope planets will be aligned and will be able to enjoy such amazing event!!
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2016, 07:42 PM   #26
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
I am seriously considering this. The issue that I have is that I work on a one year renewable contract and that exact time frame is when I find out if my contract will be renewed. It's a stressful time and I need to be in country, but I really want to go!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2016, 08:49 PM   #27
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

Count me in!
Old 17 July 2016, 12:13 AM   #28
GerardoG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
I can imagine the effort and lot of work to do for the 2017 GTG. I'm planning the trip with my family if its possible for us if not I'll go alone. Now starting a new project and lot of risk cannot attend. Anyway! If there's the opportunity to go and meet some of the fantastic TRF members in a fantastic experience, 100$ non refundable deposit is totally justified. I'm in with the idea.
Thanks Gerardo! Hope planets will be aligned and will be able to enjoy such amazing event!!
Thank you for your words. It is a very fun event, and getting to know like minded people makes a unique weekend. I hope tou can make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I am seriously considering this. The issue that I have is that I work on a one year renewable contract and that exact time frame is when I find out if my contract will be renewed. It's a stressful time and I need to be in country, but I really want to go!
I understand.....stressful time....so....THIS is what you need! I hope you can make it, as you have seen in the threads, it is a fun weekend.
Old 17 July 2016, 12:14 AM   #29
GerardoG
Banned

Current draft list is:

nyc2la-So. CA
Alexwwjd-TX
Rockrolex-DC
TheRolexKingofLV-LV
Rolexxxelor-MI
tomalf123-AZ
cdmorenot-NJ
ct.matt-CA
Hairdude1-IL
G8RPDM-SC
the_hunter-TX
BNALION-CA
kilyung-
Daryl-CA
Rodriguez Rolley-CA
SWISSAHOLICS-FL
Mishon-DC
droptopman-WA
mannyv11-MA
Thatguy-CA
.db-CA
Theken-CA
rebel_1-FL
incontrol-NJ
Arjan93-Amsterdam
GB-man-
Robb-
One Ping Only-WI
Eric Chan-Canada
kneedeep-
jpeezy14@hotmail.com-CA
lee2375-TX
Porter-Ibiza
WristEnvy-CA
dmb359-MN
returntorolex-GA
Ks6pd-CA
RKtudor-PA
Danny83-CA
VTM-CA
reloxt-Netherlands
rebel_1-FL
Old 17 July 2016, 07:15 AM   #30
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
Pull the trigger Carlos !! It'll be a real treat to sit down with you. If you come alone you won't be alone