The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 December 2021, 11:36 AM   #61
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

stupidity
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:46 AM   #62
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995akcoop View Post
I’ve heard that the color is not the same. Yet to see one in person, can you share how it’s different?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here, Just took a pic inside a Tiffany box to dispel any myths

Facts! Because they are together in the pic I cant manipulate the hue etc to make it look more “Tiffany” lol
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:50 AM   #63
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Fools and their money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have long since learned that fools can make a lot of money, and plenty of smart people haven’t a clue how to.

That or many smart people would rather be smart than rich. Seems a popular option.

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:50 AM   #64
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Here, Just took a pic inside a Tiffany box to dispel any myths

Facts! Because they are together in the pic I cant manipulate the hue etc to make it look more “Tiffany” lol

Thank you for showing an example of how SIMILAR they are

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:55 AM   #65
Kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Thank you for showing an example of how SIMILAR they are

More baby blue than Tiffany blue, which isn’t a bad thing
Old 17 December 2021, 12:10 PM   #66
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
More baby blue than Tiffany blue, which isn’t a bad thing
More appropriately -- less green

I agree ... It's absolutely beautiful

JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 12:33 PM   #67
Kmasur
"TRF" Member

Very interesting debate/discussion about Tiffany Blue and OP Turquoise Blue. Whether intentional or not, Rolex has managed to only bring more awareness to Tiffany & Co., and to its OP line (of course). I’ll be honest, even though I had already heard the name many times, I didn’t know much about this company (Tiffany), much less the fact that it had an actual color named after it. I’ll also confess that I started to like this particular model of watch (OP turquoise blue) the more I continued being exposed to it here and on social media. Whether or not it is the same as Tiffany blue, I have become a convert, lol.
Kmasur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 12:46 PM   #68
RelaxItsJustAWatch
Banned

Rolex is amazingly smart. They take an entry level watch that no one cared about and added some basic primary colors and now people are dying to post their incoming thread about their basic Rolex model.
RelaxItsJustAWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 01:39 PM   #69
cwilson13
"TRF" Member

Now 35k - OP 41 Turquoise Tiffany

Rolex has done unique color dials in the past…including Stella’s, Beach Daytonas, etc.

So the color set of OPs was maybe unexpected, it’s not unheard of for Rolex at all.

The Turq blue chosen had nothing to do with Tiffany. The ‘internets’ like to name certain models. Tiffany name stuck and drove up demand and therefore prices. Why? Beats me.

I ordered mine because I always wanted a Stella and those prices are crazy these days. So the OP is a great second option at a fraction of the price….but it’s no Stella.

Regardless, I am happy to have mine and I will take the other side of the argument and say people who wouldn’t pay $30k+ for one are crazy!

cwilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 02:19 PM   #70
Kostas

nice one cWilson, i like it on the jubilee might have to switch it up if i get sick of the oyster
Old 17 December 2021, 03:00 PM   #71
ac_eddings
"TRF" Member

Complete and udder stupidity. It’s a mass produced, 3 handed, SS, no complication watch?? Lol

ac_eddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 03:01 PM   #72
noshake
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blargle View Post
these are being traded between grey dealers to artificially suggest demand is there at this inflated price, truly, we are in the 'delusion' stage of the Rolex bubble. Anyone holding a Rolex as 'an investment', the ice is starting to get rather thin
Agreed
noshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 03:49 PM   #73
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson13 View Post
Rolex has done unique color dials in the past…including Stella’s, Beach Daytonas, etc.

So the color set of OPs was maybe unexpected, it’s not unheard of for Rolex at all.

The Turq blue chosen had nothing to do with Tiffany. The ‘internets’ like to name certain models. Tiffany name stuck and drove up demand and therefore prices. Why? Beats me.

I ordered mine because I always wanted a Stella and those prices are crazy these days. So the OP is a great second option at a fraction of the price….but it’s no Stella.

Regardless, I am happy to have mine and I will take the other side of the argument and say people who wouldn’t pay $30k+ for one are crazy!

Mickey
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 04:02 PM   #74
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

So, this is happening simply because of the absurd $6.5M *Charity* auction valuation set for the Tiffany Blue Patek 5711.

What a joke.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:55 PM   #75
Stoffel
Banned

When these turquoise dials first came out I thought that is a lovely girly colour for my wife, I was thinking of getting her the 36mm. At these prices tho absolutely no way, it is a complete joke and she would call me an idiot if I paid these prices for one.
Stoffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 07:01 PM   #76
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmasur View Post
Very interesting debate/discussion about Tiffany Blue and OP Turquoise Blue. Whether intentional or not, Rolex has managed to only bring more awareness to Tiffany & Co., and to its OP line (of course). I’ll be honest, even though I had already heard the name many times, I didn’t know much about this company (Tiffany), much less the fact that it had an actual color named after it. I’ll also confess that I started to like this particular model of watch (OP turquoise blue) the more I continued being exposed to it here and on social media. Whether or not it is the same as Tiffany blue, I have become a convert, lol.
Nothing to do with Rolex it was the sellers and so called social media dubbed the Tiffany name its that simple to increase the hype to charge crazy money.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 07:32 PM   #77
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
There’s one on right now in the classifieds for $34,975! Crazy.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 07:55 PM   #78
Watchcollector123
"TRF" Member

It is not same as Tiffany but quite close.
Those who are paying these prices are not fools but people who have that kind of money to spend. A lot would prefer to be that kind of fools.
It is a good looking watch for sure and is attracting increasing premiums. Can it get to a point that they are actually selling for 35k? It sure can. There is nothing inherently superior in a Pepsi a Daytona ( other than being a GMT or a Chrono) that makes them more worthy of a 35k price tag. It is about demand and supply. Albeit demand is being driven largely by the rarity or difficulty in getting one. It is a vicious cycle and I wouldn’t hold my breath for the prices to come crashing down ( in two months as someone stated) or stop going up.
They will probably come down when everything else does. I am surprised at all the bellyache.
Watchcollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 08:09 PM   #79
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Not sure why so many getting their knickers in a twist?

Does the BLRO bezel match that on the Pepsi can? Especially not the new version...
Does the Hulk match the big mans green skin tone? Probably not.
Does the blue and black of the BLNR match the costume of the thing that keeps Gotham safe? Not that I've seen.

No the OP doesn't match the Tiffany colourway, but was it supposed too?

Rolex is having some fun with its dials, shame us collectors and hobbyists can't do the same.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 08:24 PM   #80
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
There's an old saying here that goes something like this "The foolish provides a good living to the smart".
Old 17 December 2021, 08:54 PM   #81
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxItsJustAWatch View Post
Rolex is amazingly smart. They take an entry level watch that no one cared about and added some basic primary colors and now people are dying to post their incoming thread about their basic Rolex model.
Yep they are a marketing machine. They couldn’t give these away now look at them.

Now I just wonder what they will do to all the lady DJ? That seems to be the only watch you can find in an AD.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 08:56 PM   #82
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Not sure why so many getting their knickers in a twist?

Does the BLRO bezel match that on the Pepsi can? Especially not the new version...
Does the Hulk match the big mans green skin tone? Probably not.
Does the blue and black of the BLNR match the costume of the thing that keeps Gotham safe? Not that I've seen.

No the OP doesn't match the Tiffany colourway, but was it supposed too?

Rolex is having some fun with its dials, shame us collectors and hobbyists can't do the same.
Probably because NO ONE called it Tiffany blue and all called it turquoise until the PP sold for $5M. Now everyone wants to claim they have a Tiffany watch for all their social media following.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 08:58 PM   #83
Watchcollector123
"TRF" Member

I am not sure who is smarter- Someone who made 35k to spend on what he wants to in real world or someone who whines about someone spending 35k on a watch on a watch forum?
Watchcollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 09:27 PM   #84
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Probably because NO ONE called it Tiffany blue and all called it turquoise until the PP sold for $5M. Now everyone wants to claim they have a Tiffany watch for all their social media following.
It’s been called tiffany blue since it came out…. That being said I don’t buy oyster perpetuals….. think I was a teenager the last time I had one
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 09:40 PM   #85
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
You been living under a rock my friend? Every man and his dog has been calling this a Tiffany OP, long before Patek jumped on the bandwagon.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 10:02 PM   #86
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
The person that would pay this price for an OP, and the person who would pay $5m for a 5711 should team up and seek a therapist for their “look at me” insecurities.
Old 17 December 2021, 10:18 PM   #87
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
The person that would pay this price for an OP, and the person who would pay $5m for a 5711 should team up and seek a therapist for their “look at me” insecurities.

And to what sort of insecurity should we attribute this sort of attitude towards how other people wish to spend their money?

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 10:36 PM   #88
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
Picked up a 36 for my daughter a little while back, she pretty happy which means so am I. Hopefully it will keep her out of my watch box!

petay993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:40 PM   #89
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
And to what sort of insecurity should we attribute this sort of attitude towards how other people wish to spend their money?

I wouldn't say "insecure", there is no fear. Just some opinions that anyone sending this much for an OP is buying hype and not the watch and is buying on emotion. There are so many better options, for a little more you can get a Day Date, seriously.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 12:18 AM   #90
tifosi
"TRF" Member

This is such a shame. Really makes me hate this hobby sometimes. What the value of a Patek has to do with probably the least expensive Rolex I’ll never know.